Do we need Ziggy Ansah now?

sutz

Reaction score
knownone":324ajqoj said:
jammerhawk":324ajqoj said:
Think that's high for Ziggy given his uncertain health condition. Structurally sound is not functionally usable, besides he will be out of shape and unlikely to be assessed until the end of TC. Love to have the player but think his contract will be lower with PT incentives and performance incentives all over the place.
I agree. I'd be shocked if he gets over 8-12M unless it's heavily incentivized.
JS has been pretty good at these over the years. Do they still do the LBTE status on incentives? That could get Ansah an extra few mill on a smaller 'prove it' deal. So maybe $12-14 mill one year deal with $3-5 mill incentives that aren't LTBE, like over 10 sacks or something?

JPC4Days

Reaction score
I miss the days of oh by the way .. Seahawks signed Mike Bennett and Cliff Avril on the QT .. on good deals... having said everything I did above about wanting the Hawks to sign this player. The Bills G.M.s reportedly said he does not think the Seahawks are the favorites ... this Ziggy watch is getting stupid .. I think I am out and am gonna move on.

I hope they sign him to a reasonable deal ... but let Buffalo over pay and let him go play in the slush .. as Mashawn calls it ... I want him on the roster but at a reasonable price ... I want to root for this dude .. Seattle is the best spot for him for too many reasons to mention but .. it is what it is .. hold strong John and Pete .. don't get over your skies and there are more than one way to skin a cat.

I have to say it sucks for the dude if he wants to win and he ends up in Buffalo because they over pay ... but whatever I follow the team first and players second .. so the Hawks will get it done either way.

John and Pete do a very good job and get paid to do this .. I am done until I actually hear something. Also Ziggy Ansah is not going to make or break this team .. there are trades and like I said more than one way to get the pass rush fixed ... it's a nice thought but thank God those two are in charge of our roster .. and not a couple of bafoons.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's not the XFL, and rasta life is not allowed in the NFL.

But don't worry 'bout a ting, cause every little ting gonna be alright.

Ziggy. Suh, Perry, Ray, or whomever, the team will sort it out and have the guys here by the start of the season.

knownone

Reaction score
sutz":1x8gfg65 said:
knownone":1x8gfg65 said:
jammerhawk":1x8gfg65 said:
Think that's high for Ziggy given his uncertain health condition. Structurally sound is not functionally usable, besides he will be out of shape and unlikely to be assessed until the end of TC. Love to have the player but think his contract will be lower with PT incentives and performance incentives all over the place.
I agree. I'd be shocked if he gets over 8-12M unless it's heavily incentivized.
JS has been pretty good at these over the years. Do they still do the LBTE status on incentives? That could get Ansah an extra few mill on a smaller 'prove it' deal. So maybe $12-14 mill one year deal with $3-5 mill incentives that aren't LTBE, like over 10 sacks or something?
That sounds like a realistic prediction. It seems a little high if he's getting $12-14M in base salary though.

Ansah is not worth 16M+ on the open market unless he's healthy. I could be wrong, but just looking at his last 3 years there is a better argument to made that he's only worth $6-8M based on production and injury concerns. Now, his upside puts him in a different category, but is a 30-year-old with significant injury concerns whose had one good season in the last 3 years really in a position to get a contract anywhere close to market value even with incentives? I don't see it.

Realistically, a base salary of 8M, $2-4M in LTBE with 2M in non-LTBE is the most likely scenario, IMO. Your guess is as good as mine though.

James in PA

Reaction score
Largent80":p5splhwv said:
Rumor is were going for this Ziggy instead.

TH5lXCH
And if he falls through, this Ziggy is waiting in the wings ....

cd11e21b391b25d0bd723f37f40f2640.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w00t

Reaction score
Guess we signed Ziggy to a 1 year deal per Rapoport

bigcc

Reaction score
bigcc":1it5gahe said:
toffee":1it5gahe said:
Is Ziggy as good as Clark? Any skill differentiation? or the way they played?

From what I understand WHEN HEALTHY (HUGE qualifier) he's better against the run, about the same pass rushing, if he could stay healthy he'd be a regular pro bowl player.

The way I see it, even if we only brought him in on passing downs only to protect him, he'd be worth a one year prove it deaal

I honestly believed that BEFORE Frank was traded, at this point an edge rusher is a necessity and given what's available, this would be one of my favorite moves of the offseason.

Got him boys, 1 year deal....

10 or less is an amazing deal, which I'm guessing it is, anything over 12 is iffy

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Ziggy played for time,
jiving us that we were Voodoo
The kids were just crass,
He was the naz (Jones?) :2thumbs:
With God given ass
He took it all too far
But, boy, could he play guitar."

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
bigcc":29g8q67l said:
bigcc":29g8q67l said:
toffee":29g8q67l said:
Is Ziggy as good as Clark? Any skill differentiation? or the way they played?

From what I understand WHEN HEALTHY (HUGE qualifier) he's better against the run, about the same pass rushing, if he could stay healthy he'd be a regular pro bowl player.

The way I see it, even if we only brought him in on passing downs only to protect him, he'd be worth a one year prove it deaal

I honestly believed that BEFORE Frank was traded, at this point an edge rusher is a necessity and given what's available, this would be one of my favorite moves of the offseason.

Got him boys, 1 year deal....

10 or less is an amazing deal, which I'm guessing it is, anything over 12 is iffy

Incentives change things. If he plays 13-14 games and can produce double digit sacks and lots of pressure I'd pay him 12 million considering what Lawrence and Frank are getting.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The part of the PFT Overtime video involving Ziggy Ansah starts at time mark 4:29 .

James in PA

Reaction score
And then there’s this quote from Pete yesterday about Ziggy:

“He’s got a long process to get back. His attitude is great. He’s working every day, involved in all phases of everything that’s going on in the training room and with strength and conditioning. It’s just going to take a while and we’ll see.”

Translation: He has ZERO chance of being ready for the start of the regular season. PUP list, I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts