Earl Thomas on if he expects to be back: "I have no clue. "

massari

Reaction score
That had to have an effect with teammates hearing one of their best players going to the opposing coach after a win and say "come get me".

Trade him for a mid/high 1st + 3rd and open up some cap room while getting younger.

McDougald + Hill + Thompson and either Kam or Derwin James/Minkah Fitzpatrick would be a nice group.

themunn

Reaction score
adeltaY":2aq3q5eq said:
vin.couve12":2aq3q5eq said:
Trade bait to move up for Barkley. We were fine with him out this year. McDougald played better at FS than SS.

Oh no I hope we don't draft Barkely and sure as hell hope we don't move up. RBs in the first round not a good idea.

Really? Only 4 RBs taken in last 5 drafts in first round - Gurley, Gordon, Elliot & Fournette.

All of them would massively improve our team

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2j9scl4i said:
Cyrus12":2j9scl4i said:
Sports Hernia":2j9scl4i said:
Cyrus12":2j9scl4i said:
I'm okay with a high pick from Cleveland.
No offense, but I’m glad you are not the GM then.
Why keep a guy who clearly does not want to be here???????????????????????????????????
When has he said he doesn’t want to be here??? Your comprehension skills may need work.
What? Your understanding of what he is saying and doing may need work...Try looking at it objectively.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has no say so in if he stays or not next year. If Dallas wants to "come and get him" they can pay a hefty price. If not, too bad.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
If the right offer or deal is made, LET HIM GO!!! He obviously doesn't want to be a Seahawk, and it was apparent in the last game. How involved was Earl... Basically "Earl Was Non-Existent For The Most Part" ... My feeling is simple, there's always someone ready to take someones spot with more intensity and possibly more skill... I hope the Seahawks go find the right fit and make it happen. Don't think Earl is it anymore... Once you're gone, or think you're gone, you're gone....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He almost had a pick in that game. But IF he wants to go, it's on the Hawks terms. He has no say so in what happens. And the Cowboys or whoever else can pay big if they want him.

mrt144

Reaction score
TAB420":2ocua66w said:
Ask Lynch about that greener grass Earl.

He got to play for his home team and eclipse 10k yards in the same season after getting a ring with the Hawks and more than just walking around change. I think Marshawn is very happy with his new sod.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Steve2222":22jlva9y said:
SuperFreak":22jlva9y said:
I'm personally sick of Earl and hope they can find a good trade package in return for him.

Great player no doubt but the Wagner and Cowboy stunts killed my love for the guy.

To be fair, what he said about Wagner was pretty harmless. It was Wagner’s response that was odd.

What he said was not harmless. Should we really go over the full quote again?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
adeltaY":2wzi2690 said:
vin.couve12":2wzi2690 said:
Trade bait to move up for Barkley. We were fine with him out this year. McDougald played better at FS than SS.

Oh no I hope we don't draft Barkely and sure as hell hope we don't move up. RBs in the first round not a good idea.

I personally would love to have another Lynch, Peterson, Fournette, Melvin Gordon, or Gurley in our backfield

People like to talk about all the late rounders that have flourished, but far more late rounders have not panned out. They're late rounders usually for a reason and Pete Carroll doesn't have the recruiting knowledge edge that he used to

stizz19

Reaction score
RussB":2bql4llk said:
He will be back. Nobody is letting go of an HOF safety in their prime. Bennett ,avril, and kam might be gone though. Sherman might also be released. KJ also might be gone.

Earl and wagner stay 100% i think.

They need to keep KJ, phenominal player and goes about his business in a quiet way. Love the guy...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is a first-ballot hall of famer, and is still in his prime.

Anyone remember what the Hawks defense looked like when he went on IR two seasons ago?

It made the Hawks defense this year without Chancellor and Sherman look like the '76 Steelers.

Wanting to trade him or cut him is CRAAAAAAAAAZZZZY, IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They are a massively different defense w/out Earl in there. No trade, make him play out this last year in 2018. If he's still playing at high level and injury free, then you talk to him about an extension.

original poster

Reaction score
When Terell took over at FS it was awful.

But look what McDougand did at FS when Earl misses games this season, zero noticeable drop off whatsoever.

If they could get an impressive first round pick for him I’d so be on board. On the basis that McDougald gets extended only though.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sometimes the truth hurts, but it needs to be said.

Earl Thomas is NOT a HOFer.

Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins are HOFers. They have both produced more than 60 turnovers in their careers whether strictly INTs in Reed's case or combined INTs and FF/FRs in Dawkins case. They literally could alter games witg turnovers consistently. Both also played in cover 3 and cover 1 defenses a lot of the time as well.

Earl Thomas is not that player. You can talk about his presence or some ish in cover 3 and what it allows and all that, but so did those guys while also producing almost twice the turnover staistics. Earl's stats don't approach them.

There's a little bit of the first round cloud arounf Earl that overrates him. He's met expectations of said first round, which is great, but he is absolutely not a HOFer. His production would have to pick up dramatically or he'll need to play until he's 40. After 8 seasons he's got 25 picks and 10 FF and he's not going to get any better approaching age 30 when his entire game is based on speed.

Seymour

Reaction score
Popeyejones":obwonz7s said:
Earl Thomas is a first-ballot hall of famer, and is still in his prime.

Anyone remember what the Hawks defense looked like when he went on IR two seasons ago?

It made the Hawks defense this year without Chancellor and Sherman look like the '76 Steelers.

Wanting to trade him or cut him is CRAAAAAAAAAZZZZY, IMO.

Not as crazy as this bullshit. Add in the Wagner feud, his shown $$ greed, and I'll take my chances thank you.

Be4c3e178238133468843ec8c97b6694

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The ignorance here of what a HOF safety looks like is amazing. There are now only 2 safeties in the HOF with Easley getting in. Lott and Woodson played a lot of CB. If Earl ever had a shot at getting on it will be in the year 2050 where they'll need to look for candidates that were great and he'll still be a long way down even that list.