Earl Thomas on if he expects to be back: "I have no clue. "

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm hoping Earl is just a guy who shouldn't talk right after a loss or tough situation, and there's nothing more to it than that. Like he talked about retirment after he got hurt last year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1bnnzn0p said:
I'm hoping Earl is just a guy who shouldn't talk right after a loss or tough situation, and there's nothing more to it than that. Like he talked about retirment after he got hurt last year.
That’s exactly it. ET is an emotional player and he has no filter. I take what he says after a game with a huge grain of salt.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
He's 28 or 29. I believe he will be 29 next September. How many good years does he have left? I'd say 1-3. His leeriness is understandable, but keep it behind closed doors.

Steve2222

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":20d1d3sg said:
Steve2222":20d1d3sg said:
SuperFreak":20d1d3sg said:
I'm personally sick of Earl and hope they can find a good trade package in return for him.

Great player no doubt but the Wagner and Cowboy stunts killed my love for the guy.

To be fair, what he said about Wagner was pretty harmless. It was Wagner’s response that was odd.

His comment was rude and disrespectful, the only odd thing was why Earl said it.

Saying he probably shouldn’t have played with his bad hammy?

blaisio

Reaction score
Pete and John have been extremely loyal to the core players, giving them extensions, and giving them the stage to say and be who they are. Even when players leave or are on the second stage of their career, they still get an opportunity here. Unless three is a clear path to improve this team with a trade, I don't see how Pete and John don't continue to keep the players that make up the core.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Steve2222":bnvjf28i said:
NFSeahawks628":bnvjf28i said:
Steve2222":bnvjf28i said:
SuperFreak":bnvjf28i said:
I'm personally sick of Earl and hope they can find a good trade package in return for him.

Great player no doubt but the Wagner and Cowboy stunts killed my love for the guy.

To be fair, what he said about Wagner was pretty harmless. It was Wagner’s response that was odd.

His comment was rude and disrespectful, the only odd thing was why Earl said it.

Saying he probably shouldn’t have played with his bad hammy?

What Earl said was really a defense of Wagner, who was playing injured. Wagner took it wrong and apologized.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Earl's trade bait now. He was out for two games this year and we went from 17 ppg to 16 ppg. We lost two more later after he was back and things started to fall apart. Barkley would be our all time back, I'm fairly certain.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Pete/John will likely sit down with Earl and his agent to talk about numbers for the extension and if the numbers are too high for their liking, they might trade him. If Kam and Sherman are gone too, the LOB as we used to know is officially finished.

Steve2222

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ldyc66cv said:
Earl's trade bait now. He was out for two games this year and we went from 17 ppg to 16 ppg. We lost two more later after he was back and things started to fall apart. Barkley would be our all time back, I'm fairly certain.

ET is not going to net us the #1 or #4 pick lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ho1jd3j said:
Sports Hernia":1ho1jd3j said:
Cyrus12":1ho1jd3j said:
I'm okay with a high pick from Cleveland.
No offense, but I’m glad you are not the GM then.
Why keep a guy who clearly does not want to be here???????????????????????????????????
When has he said he doesn’t want to be here??? Your comprehension skills may need work.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Steve2222":2vwgfoh5 said:
vin.couve12":2vwgfoh5 said:

ET is not going to net us the #1 or #4 pick lol
That plus our #1 and Mike B. BYAH!

Nah, I don't know yet, but it's on the table.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2say0h2f said:
Small sample sizes. When he and Sherm are on the field together they take away big chunks of the field. Give opposing O-coords time to look at film and really game plan around his absence and that PPG likely jumps to the low 20’s.

....and folks wonder why I hate fantasy football and Madden, everyone thinks they are an “expert GM”.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kam played deep more often then as well, but either way, truth shows it can be done, small sample size or not. It's still empirically shown.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":220e9lni said:
Kam played deep more often then as well, but either way, truth shows it can be done, small sample size or not. It's still empirically shown.
Disagree, my points stil stand.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":374phbtv said:
Sports Hernia":374phbtv said:
Cyrus12":374phbtv said:
I'm okay with a high pick from Cleveland.
No offense, but I’m glad you are not the GM then.
Why keep a guy who clearly does not want to be here???????????????????????????????????

The bigger question (not said) are we still focused on winning championships? Oh course we are. But ask yourself if you were are founding pillar and you've watch guy after guy leave and he replaced with younger guys don't you think eventually you might be slated for replacement? Earl is emotionally, so he knows he'll be without the founding brothers of the LOB next year (one way or another).

Look at the 2017 replacements:
Blair Walsh... Yuk
Eddie Lacey... Yup trash
Luke Joeckel... Not worth $$$
Did we ever find a true replacement SAM Linebacker? Michael Wilhoite, ask yourself how many teams ran on us. Remember when Bruce Irving would set the edge? Well, Gurley bashed the edges - big time. Garvin, nope, he's hurt all the time, and so is Alexander (although still worth the KPL trade and then some).

Thanks gosh for Griffen, Coleman and Maxi. But does Earl want to play with McDougald? Or, does he read that Bradley is there to replace Earl?

Personally, I think the play very well together. But maybe, Kam was to Earl as Michael Robinson was Marshaun? Earl is best when hitting someone, not when he is talking to the media.

Rocket

Reaction score
Jville":2inhiaqu said:
Earl being Earl. :lol: There are a lot of folks on the forum here that would also benefit from working on those social skills.
I give social skills classes every weekend, PM me for details. :2thumbs:
Earl blows off steam, the Gods of Football™ do that. It's a passion thing...
Unlike that freakin' idiot we had kicking this year.
His passion be whack.

Rocket

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2ek3ybzf said:
I'd like to see said analysis, charts with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one.

Sports Hernia":2ek3ybzf said:
....and folks wonder why I hate fantasy football and Madden, everyone thinks they are an “expert GM”.
EXACTIMUNDO, Broski...

Barkley? Who the heh is he? Some local "gods gift" ???

SinQuon(sp?) Barkley, the Nittany Back™ running back? Does he play free safety too? Ah are confused... ??????