Earl Thomas on if he expects to be back: "I have no clue. "

mrt144

Reaction score
adeltaY":13z705dm said:
Scorpion05":13z705dm said:
adeltaY":13z705dm said:
vin.couve12":13z705dm said:
Trade bait to move up for Barkley. We were fine with him out this year. McDougald played better at FS than SS.

Oh no I hope we don't draft Barkely and sure as hell hope we don't move up. RBs in the first round not a good idea.

I personally would love to have another Lynch, Peterson, Fournette, Melvin Gordon, or Gurley in our backfield

People like to talk about all the late rounders that have flourished, but far more late rounders have not panned out. They're late rounders usually for a reason and Pete Carroll doesn't have the recruiting knowledge edge that he used to

Fournette and Gordon aren't even that good. Gurley wasn't good last year. Lynch and Peterson are generational talents and only one of them got a ring. Also Lynch needed to be in a good system with a running QB to unlock his full potential. You can spend the first rounder on another position.

And this is clutch - being in the right place at the right time with what you bring to the table is all it takes sometimes and when it clicks it seems stupidly easy, like, "why havent we done this before and why can't we do it again?" easy.

Seymour

Reaction score
rcaido":d0z0illb said:
Earl has said he loves it here & wants to be a Seahawk. It seems like fans are just turning on players now because they aren't winning. Everything they say or do outside of the game fans overreacting negatively.

If he plays great, i have nothing to complain about. If he does end up leaving then it was great to have one of the best FS the past few years. this goes to Bennett too who has had a lot of criticism for other reasons besides football.

When did you hear that...this year even?

Last thing I heard was something to the effect "I don't know. I just know I'm hot and I'm ballin'".....

rcaido

Reaction score
Seymour":ep465lz0 said:
rcaido":ep465lz0 said:
Earl has said he loves it here & wants to be a Seahawk. It seems like fans are just turning on players now because they aren't winning. Everything they say or do outside of the game fans overreacting negatively.

If he plays great, i have nothing to complain about. If he does end up leaving then it was great to have one of the best FS the past few years. this goes to Bennett too who has had a lot of criticism for other reasons besides football.

Last thing I heard was something to the effect "I don't know. I just know I'm hot and I'm ballin'".....

He said it when they asked him about "Come get me" They ask if he was happy here...Earl said yeah im happy here, i love being here. I started my career here...i have sherm, kam, & coach richards, i dont want to leave!

massari

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3cr9n5kd said:
he's not going to get any better approaching age 30 when his entire game is based on speed.
This is the main reason why he needs to be dealt for some high draft picks. The "come get me" just sealed the deal.

Seymour

Reaction score
rcaido":35rob7su said:
Seymour":35rob7su said:
rcaido":35rob7su said:

He said it when they asked him about "Come get me" They ask if he was happy here...Earl said yeah im happy here, i love being here. I started my career here...i have sherm, kam, & coach richards, i dont want to leave!

If that was said after the shit storm of crap that hit him, and Pete likely had his ear, then that is exactly what one would expect to hear. That may or may not be how he feels IMO. I'd lean more to the actions speak louder than words side personally.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seymour":13f4ntfr said:
rcaido":13f4ntfr said:
Seymour":13f4ntfr said:
rcaido":13f4ntfr said:

If that was said after the shit storm of crap that hit him, and Pete likely had his ear, then that is exactly what one would expect to hear. That may or may not be how he feels IMO. I'd lean more to the actions speak louder than words side personally.

This is the same locker interview when they ask if he said Come get me. So no none was telling him what to say...people just want hear what they want to hear.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":21xj0wft said:
He doesn't want to be just the highest paid at his position, but the highest paid defensive player all together.

Um no.

Despite his age, I actually think there is the possibility he would hold out, too. He thinks he is the absolute best, of anyone at any position, and should be paid as such. If he doesn’t hear what he wants, well, who knows. So not necessarily as easy as let him play it out, or tag him. Might be best to get out in front and get value while he is still ‘hot’.

Honestly wish Earl would just stop talking to the media, sign a non-insane extension and end up retiring as a Seahawk. I’d hate to trade him, just lots of unfortunate factors here/with him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":umu8wqt5 said:
He doesn't want to be just the highest paid at his position, but the highest paid defensive player all together.

Um no.

Link?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seymour":wfzjitbd said:
Popeyejones":wfzjitbd said:
Earl Thomas is a first-ballot hall of famer, and is still in his prime.

Anyone remember what the Hawks defense looked like when he went on IR two seasons ago?

It made the Hawks defense this year without Chancellor and Sherman look like the '76 Steelers.

Wanting to trade him or cut him is CRAAAAAAAAAZZZZY, IMO.

Not as crazy as this bullshit. Add in the Wagner feud, his shown $$ greed, and I'll take my chances thank you.

Be4c3e178238133468843ec8c97b6694

Earl Thomas has been a Pro-Bowler every single year of his career that he was eligible (every year except last when he was on IR), has been All Pro in five out six eligible years, and at 28 years old is right in the heart of his prime.

If you wanna dump the best player at his position in the entire NFL because he wants to be paid for his performance level and said some dumb things a few times, I just don't know what to tell you. It reminds of 9ers fans who wanted to dump Harbaugh, cut Justin Smith to make room for the young guys, ditch Whitner and Goldson, cut Culliver for saying something stupid, move on from Vernon Davis because he opened a smoothie shop, etc. It's funny because none of those guys are even REMOTELY as good at what they do as Earl Thomas is.

Steve2222

Reaction score
vin.couve12":wpz4x5gb said:
The ignorance here of what a HOF safety looks like is amazing. There are now only 2 safeties in the HOF with Easley getting in. Lott and Woodson played a lot of CB. If Earl ever had a shot at getting on it will be in the year 2050 where they'll need to look for candidates that were great and he'll still be a long way down even that list.

There’s no way Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu aren’t first ballot and John Lynch and Brian Dawkins will be in any year now.

ET is building a similar resume to both Reed and Polamalu. He’s got the SB and All Pros. All he is missing is the DPOY with is definitely still a real possibility for him.

Yeah, Earl is a must resign or franchise after next year. You will not get back his worth in a trade.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3w37t3qe said:
Hawk_Nation":3w37t3qe said:

Um no.

Link?

Im not searching back through my Twitter timeline to find this, but when his last extension happened this was definitely brought up and there were similar posts recently about this. IIRC up until' last year or the year before he was the highest paid safety.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":169utn4k said:
Popeyejones":169utn4k said:
Hawk_Nation":169utn4k said:

Um no.

Link?

Im not searching back through my Twitter timeline to find this, but when his last extension happened this was definitely brought up and there were similar posts recently about this. IIRC up until' last year or the year before he was the highest paid safety.

Pretty sure you’re making this up. No team would make him the highest paid player in the NFL. The safety position isn’t that important, regardless of how game changing ET is. Now that JJ Watt is hurt, the only player in the league other than QB and LT that could be the highest paid player is Aaron Donald. He is that great.

Highest paid safety definitely.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They were claiming on 710 that he not only wanted to be the highest paid safety, but highest player in the league. Not sure I believe it, but Earl does love him some Earl :lol: