Eddie Lacy

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1lasjlam said:
Not sure why it feels like the majority of 12s are down on him. I imagine this will turn out like Wilson/Flynn did and the bandwagon will fill up come week 3 or 4. This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks.

Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs.

Bend the knee.

I'm not down on Lacy, I just don't think he's a good fit for our terrible run blocking O-line. Lacy isn't a quick one cut back like Rawls, Prosise and now Carson.

Lacy needs a good line that can sustain a block for more than half a second before getting destroyed and the hole collapsing.

Seymour

Reaction score
Here are his incentives.....

According to Field Yates of ESPN.com, Lacy's contract with the Seahawks includes seven different monthly weigh-in incentives, worth $55,000 each:

May: 255 pounds
June and August: 250 pounds
September through December: 245 pounds

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Seymour":34aiut4b said:
Well the bribe doesn't appear to be enough. Sounds like he has failed his last weigh in. Pete was asked if he made weight this week and answered "He is doing really well".

We all know what that means. :|

Do we really? Last weigh in, Carroll was cagey about answering the question, and posters on here were rabble rousing about how that was Pete speak for Lacy not making weight. Turns out Lacy did, in fact, make weight.

It seems Carroll is trying to move the focus off the whole weight thing, and keep the focus on Lacy as a whole back, rather than this one small issue. If so, I agree with him. It is ridiculous how the fans have become so obsessed with Lacy's weight.

If he is contributing, his weight is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he isn't contributing, but he is making weight, it is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he is neither contributing, nor making weight, then, perhaps, we can blame the weight. Since we don't know yet how he is contributing, the weight is inconsequential.

Seymour

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2a01p856 said:
Seymour":2a01p856 said:
Well the bribe doesn't appear to be enough. Sounds like he has failed his last weigh in. Pete was asked if he made weight this week and answered "He is doing really well".

We all know what that means. :|

Do we really? Last weigh in, Carroll was cagey about answering the question, and posters on here were rabble rousing about how that was Pete speak for Lacy not making weight. Turns out Lacy did, in fact, make weight.

It seems Carroll is trying to move the focus off the whole weight thing, and keep the focus on Lacy as a whole back, rather than this one small issue. If so, I agree with him. It is ridiculous how the fans have become so obsessed with Lacy's weight.

If he is contributing, his weight is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he isn't contributing, but he is making weight, it is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he is neither contributing, nor making weight, then, perhaps, we can blame the weight. Since we don't know yet how he is contributing, the weight is inconsequential.

If by obsessed you mean there is interest to know that someones weakness that caused him to lose his previous job is still a problem for a player we may need to count on, then yes. Guilty as charged.

If he is contributing then all is well? Sure, everyone deserves a trophy right? :roll:

Lastly....I wonder why Pete and John were so obsessed with Lacy's weight, they tied $55,000 per month to it and his contract?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Seymour":e6n62u7h said:
If he is contributing then all is well? Sure, everyone deserves a trophy right? :roll:

:34853_doh:

If he ends the season at 255 pounds, having amassed over 1,000 yards and over 4.1 yards per carry, no one will care about his weight except Lacy and his bank account.

Hell, since he is splitting carries, even if he ends the season with less than 1,000 yards, but with a 4.1-4.5 YPC average, his weight won't matter.

Don't see how this equates to a participation trophy.

Seymour

Reaction score
bigskydoc":28vppr4r said:
Seymour":28vppr4r said:

:34853_doh:

If he ends the season at 255 pounds, having amassed over 1,000 yards and over 4.1 yards per carry, no one will care about his weight except Lacy and his bank account.

Hell, since he is splitting carries, even if he ends the season with less than 1,000 yards, but with a 4.1-4.5 YPC average, his weight won't matter.

Don't see how this equates to a participation trophy.

We could throw around numbers all day to make our points. How bout if he is 1+ YPC behind say Carson?

His weight effects his speed and quickness and conditioning. "Contributing" tells you nothing about what he may have done in better condition. So NO. It does not just effect his wallet. It can effect the team and wins.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Stoked to see what he can do, luckily it's not a long term commitment to him IF he doesn't. One thing that this front office does better than most, short term prove it deals.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":28xsuqay said:

This might be the most confusing paragraph I've ever read in my life.

Circular logic FTL.

Bottom line, Lacy's made weight. So if he stinks, it ain't the weight.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":21d5dzzs said:
bigskydoc":21d5dzzs said:

Circular logic FTL.

No Lacy did not make weight this month. That was my whole point.

Foghawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":gqw4dlki said:
If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

Yep, if Fat Eddie runs like a demon nobody is going to care what he weighs. Let's see what he can do on the field and go from there. :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2zq29m6t said:
Sgt. Largent":2zq29m6t said:
bigskydoc":2zq29m6t said:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

His last weight in was Tuesday, and as far as I've read, Pete hasn't said anything.

massari

Reaction score
If he's healthy and he's at a good weight, he'll be pro bowl caliber as the past would indicate. He's also in a contract year...

I+m+captain+obvious+_3636770be51894c4d4eb88062642f461.jpg

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3f8nkrlk said:
Seymour":3f8nkrlk said:
Sgt. Largent":3f8nkrlk said:
bigskydoc":3f8nkrlk said:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

His last weight in was Tuesday, and as far as I've read, Pete hasn't said anything.

Seymour":3f8nkrlk said:
MontanaHawk05":3f8nkrlk said:
Probably because he needed to be bribed to lose weight.

Sorry, I'm pullin' a full-on Tech Worlds with this guy.

We all know what that means.
:|

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wx18mg3 said:
Seymour":2wx18mg3 said:
Sgt. Largent":2wx18mg3 said:
bigskydoc":2wx18mg3 said:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

You decide and tell me.

Check the question at the 6 minute mark.....

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/09/06/pete-carroll-week-1-wednesday-press-conference

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Weight won't matter much. Also we absolutely cannot assume he didn't make weight. Particularly since last weigh in, Pete gave a similarly obtuse non answer, when he could have just answered the yes/no question easily.

We do not know what Pete meant. He's been intentionally evasive this offseason in this regard already. Probably in an attempt to just not make it a big deal for fans to get worked up about.

Lacy looked good and healthy the last time we saw him two weeks ago. Expect to see much of the same. Nothing really to wring our hands about.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Pete tried to be cagey about who will start but may have given away that, this week anyway, it won't be TR: He said they had already decided it, before acknowledging that TR was not yet a sure thing. They would have taken that into account before making the Decision.

My guess is that EL gets the most RB touches against GB, but that CJ gets the most RB yards.

Seymour

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3uy2s1dr said:
Weight won't matter much. Also we absolutely cannot assume he didn't make weight. Particularly since last weigh in, Pete gave a similarly obtuse non answer, when he could have just answered the yes/no question easily.

We do not know what Pete meant. He's been intentionally evasive this offseason in this regard already. Probably in an attempt to just not make it a big deal for fans to get worked up about.

Lacy looked good and healthy the last time we saw him two weeks ago. Expect to see much of the same. Nothing really to wring our hands about.

You should tell that to the Packers....

The Packers listed Lacy at 234 pounds this season, but there were rumors during training camp that he weighed as much as 242 pounds. He was alternately ineffective and out of the lineup, and he had only six games out of the 18 Green Bay played in which he topped 75 yards, which was his career average coming into the season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ys-weight-issues-hes-got-a-lot-of-work-to-do/

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
What was the desired weight for him again according to Pete ... 245? If he's over by 3 or 4 pounds, it's not that consequential. If he balloons up to 265, that would be a big deal.

I agree that Pete is done with this whole offseason weight issue and is concentrating on football and Eddie being the best running back he can be. I think we should head that direction too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":o40eujpm said:
Sgt. Largent":o40eujpm said:
Seymour":o40eujpm said:
Sgt. Largent":o40eujpm said:

Circular logic FTL.

Where did you see that?

You decide and tell me.

Check the question at the 6 minute mark.....

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/09/06/pete-carroll-week-1-wednesday-press-conference

You're right, that's Pete speak for "no."

It's still not that big of a deal for me, I assume if he didn't make weight it was only by a couple pounds this far along in camp.

It's still no excuse for him not running well, a couple pounds isn't coming into GB's camp last year 20-30 lbs overweight. Even then Lacy was having a good year until he got hurt.

IMO too much is being made of this.