Eddie Lacy

sutz

Reaction score
An amusing sidenote. Was watching NFL Network earlier. On the fantasy football crawl it said Lacy: Sit'em.

;)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
sutz":3pvw9d32 said:
An amusing sidenote. Was watching NFL Network earlier. On the fantasy football crawl it said Lacy: Sit'em.

;)

Probably because of the sheer amount of RB's we have. We have 4 that will probably see action.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Lacy's last weigh in was Aug 1st. Although his previous two weigh ins were met with much fanfare, and his agent Tweeting out that he had made weight, this one was basically silent. Despite being "reached out to" by the media, neither Lacy, nor his agent, made any comments.

When Carroll was asked if Lacy made weight, he had this to say,
I’m fired up about Eddie. He looks great. He is rumbling and doing just what we want and he is going to run huge, just the way we like it.

There was rampant speculation that this was coach speak, covering for Lacy not making weight. It wasn't until the following week that Carroll finally admitted that Lacy had made weight.

Compare that to what Carroll had to say this time, when asked if Lacy had made weight

Eddie's doing great. Eddie's doing great. He's done everything we've asked of him.

How can look at those two statements juxtaposed and still believe that you can read through the coach speak?

sutz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1lxar86w said:
sutz":1lxar86w said:

;)

Probably because of the sheer amount of RB's we have. We have 4 that will probably see action.
I know. Just thought it was hilarious, while we're sitting here arguing about weigh-ins, he's being thought of as not worthy of a fantasy start anyway. :mrgreen:

chris98251

Reaction score
You guys would not be in this much of a uproar if it was Oprah.............

hawk45

Reaction score
bigskydoc":gfe2xteb said:
If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

I'm trying to understand how his weight is an extremely minor part of Lacy being able to contribute. Was it lack of talent, then, that caused Green Bay to move on from him?

He ate his way out of the first stop in his career and with millions at stake in FA, limited his financial future by continuing to stuff himself. Teams don't put weight clauses in contracts for fun.

Based on his history his weight is THE concern, and will always be a concern with this guy. Even if he does manage to contribute while failing to make weight it will still be a concern, because at some poundage it will affect his performance or propensity for being injured.

Some fan saying it isn't a concern won't change this. Only putting together a good stretch of controlling his weight will change it.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm hoping Lacy starts and proves some 12's wrong. IMO, he's the next best thing against a healthy Marshawn! Lacy isn't the type of back that has big bursts, he needs to play all game to wear down opposing D's. I don't know if the running back by committee approach will work with him. Rawls is a wasted roster spot in my mind. Will not play long enough this season to make any sort of contribution. Please remember Marshawn wasn't exactly lighting it up when we traded for him. Pete and Johns system works and they're taking a shot that Lacy can fill the void that Marshawn left.

hawk45

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2ri6wegg said:
Screw it. Hand his hefty ass over to Tom Cable's dumb ass so he can turn him into a beautiful left tackle. Problem (un)solved.

I like this idea. It fits with Cable's version of a grand plan. Like with Britt - trying your failed tackle at guard and failed guard at center - 2 wrongs make a right?

Seymour

Reaction score
hawk45":1w7zohvd said:
bigskydoc":1w7zohvd said:
If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

I'm trying to understand how his weight is an extremely minor part of Lacy being able to contribute. Was it lack of talent, then, that caused Green Bay to move on from him?

He ate his way out of the first stop in his career and with millions at stake in FA, limited his financial future by continuing to stuff himself. Teams don't put weight clauses in contracts for fun.

Based on his history his weight is THE concern, and will always be a concern with this guy. Even if he does manage to contribute while failing to make weight it will still be a concern, because at some poundage it will affect his performance or propensity for being injured.

Some fan saying it isn't a concern won't change this. Only putting together a good stretch of controlling his weight will change it.

Agree. His weight is a minor part of this? It's a huge part of this, and that is no pun. Maybe someone needs a visual.

Gment making fun of a packer players weight issues

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":2fw5wtym said:
hawk45":2fw5wtym said:
bigskydoc":2fw5wtym said:

Agree. His weight is a minor part of this? It's a huge part of this, and that is no pun. Maybe someone needs a visual.

And does he look anything like that this season???

ap_seahawks_football_91391104-copy.jpg

He's in shape this year (at the very least in much better shape then before with GB). It's not like he's going to balloon up during the season, it's the offseason you have to worry about him getting fat.

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":lsazftsm said:
Seymour":lsazftsm said:
hawk45":lsazftsm said:
bigskydoc":lsazftsm said:

And does he look anything like that this season???

ap_seahawks_football_91391104-copy.jpg

He's in shape this year (at the very least in much better shape then before with GB). It's not like he's going to balloon up during the season, it's the offseason you have to worry about him getting fat.

No and lets hope it stays that way. He can pack on the weight at a very rapid rate as shown in Green Bay.
Here is a pro day photo listed at #231. Seahawks list him at #250. Throw 1 1/2 bowling balls in a backpack and tell me it doesn't slow you down trying to run and make cuts. And yes he ballooned up in 2015 during the season, so don't think it can't happen.

041113ProDay07.jpg

hawk45

Reaction score
BSD is a smart poster, so I think what he must mean is that between weight and contribution, contribution is the important thing by far.

I think where that notion falls down is that Lacy has demonstrated that the two are tightly coupled.

hawk45

Reaction score
chris98251":30jbkpmn said:
Also he can add muscle and lose inches and not lose weight.

Isn't that a red herring though? Lacy's weight gain in Green Bay wasn't a case of him getting too yoked and needing to drop some lean mass to maintain agility.

I think as it pertains to Lacy, we can safely use the words "weight" and "fat" interchangeably.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":30iy4s6c said:
hawk45":30iy4s6c said:
bigskydoc":30iy4s6c said:

This was photoshopped.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":pwncdnti said:
This was photoshopped.

What makes you say that? I just found it in a pic search, and I sure as heck didn't photoshop it if true.

Latest posts