Eddie Lacy

DJrmb

Reaction score
Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":244qyq2e said:
Pete said "He's done everything we've asked him to do". One of the things they asked him to do was make specific weight goals as the preseason progressed. Just because he didn't answer it directly as yes or no, doesn't mean he didn't answer it.

Whatever.

When first asked (his 1st 2 weigh ins) Pete went from a resounding smiling Yes!.... to now dodging the question. Look at his face when he hears the question.

The coach speak is pretty obvious, but believe what you want.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of big backs have been successful in the NFL. Fingers crossed he stays healthy and knocks some fools out :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DJrmb":19t56xgx said:

Every other weigh in Pete said he made weight, so why not say it this time?

Not that I care, but no, he didn't make weight..........and Pete hesitated, which means he was searching for the right way to spin it.

Don't have to be a Kojak to figure this one out.

Foghawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k9o23n43 said:
Plenty of big backs have been successful in the NFL. Fingers crossed he stays healthy and knocks some fools out :lol:

Wasn't there one who hailed from Detroit that played at 250 plus? His name slips my mind. :mrgreen:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qhs6fzr said:
DJrmb":3qhs6fzr said:

Not that I care, but no, he didn't make weight..........and Pete hesitated, which means he was searching for the right way to spin it.

Pete deflected last time, too, and it turned out Lacy made weight.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Seymour":3t3ge6tu said:
Sgt. Largent":3t3ge6tu said:
Seymour":3t3ge6tu said:
Sgt. Largent":3t3ge6tu said:
This might be the most confusing paragraph I've ever read in my life.

Circular logic FTL.

Bottom line, Lacy's made weight. So if he stinks, it ain't the weight.

No Lacy did not make weight this month. That was my whole point.

Where did you see that?

His last weight in was Tuesday, and as far as I've read, Pete hasn't said anything.

You decide and tell me.

Check the question at the 6 minute mark.....

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2017/09/06/pete-carroll-week-1-wednesday-press-conference

Pete also said "He's done everything we've asked" a couple of times. That would seem to one like myself who is more focused on seeing his play that he has probably met his weight goals.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":dlxiuoaf said:
Sgt. Largent":dlxiuoaf said:
DJrmb":dlxiuoaf said:

Pete said the word "yes" last time when pressed by a reporter.

This time? No.

Seymour

Reaction score
BadgerVid":1vtrfld5 said:
Pete also said "He's done everything we've asked" a couple of times. That would seem to one like myself who is more focused on seeing his play that he has probably met his weight goals.

So if someone has incentive bonuses in their contract then that means the team "asked them to do that"... or is the team is just rewarding it?

Example: Lacy gets another $1.3M for 1200 + yards.

They asked him to do that also?

This is not a roster bonus, he has made the team and got that. That is what was asked of him to keep his job.

bo·nus
ˈbōnəs/
noun
noun: bonus; plural noun: bonuses

an amount of money added to wages on a seasonal basis, especially as a reward for good performance.
"big Christmas bonuses"
synonyms: gratuity, gift, present, reward, prize, lagniappe; More
incentive, inducement, handout;
informalsweetener
"she's on a good salary and she gets a bonus"
antonyms: penalty
something welcome and often unexpected that accompanies and enhances something that is itself good.

Coach speak, plain and simple.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vlneetd said:
MontanaHawk05":2vlneetd said:
Sgt. Largent":2vlneetd said:
DJrmb":2vlneetd said:

This time? No.

Source?

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't remember him saying yes at the time.

DJrmb

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1g3eo1qw said:
Sgt. Largent":1g3eo1qw said:
MontanaHawk05":1g3eo1qw said:
Sgt. Largent":1g3eo1qw said:

This time? No.

Source?

He said the same stuff last weigh in. He said he was "Fired up" about Lacy when he was asked about the weigh in. It wasn't until 4 days later that he said "Yes, he passed" when pressed again.

The Seahawks haven't revealed if Eddie Lacy hit his target at his latest weigh-in.
Lacy reached his May and June targets to much fanfare, but neither the team nor his agent will reveal his July results. It's a tacit admission Lacy didn't hit his goal of 250 after six weeks away from the team. Despite the innuendo, coach Pete Carroll said on Tuesday he remains "fired up" about Lacy.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Aug 3 - 9:23 PM

Coach Pete Carroll revealed Eddie Lacy hit his 250 pounds or less requirement at his latest weigh-in last week.
He earned another $55,000 bonus. Lacy has had a very quiet camp as he works his way into shape, learns a new offense, and recovers from ankle surgery. But ace Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia expects Lacy to get the nod as the Week 1 starter. Thomas Rawls is lurking in the tall grass as he's back to 100 percent and is well worth a late-round flier at his current double-digit round ADP.
Source: ESPN.com
Aug 7 - 6:27 PM
http://rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8382/eddie-lacy

I think he's just tired of being asked about it and he thinks it's dumb that people are making so much of a story out of it...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":8t1cvexa said:
Sgt. Largent":8t1cvexa said:
MontanaHawk05":8t1cvexa said:
Sgt. Largent":8t1cvexa said:

This time? No.

Source?

From Pete's August 7th presser, sorry "yep".........not "yes."

“Yep, perfectly on track,” coach Pete Carroll responded when asked on Monday whether or not Lacy has met all his weight requirements.

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/0 ... -on-track/

Certainly a different tone than yesterday.

Again, I don't care if Lacy made his last weigh in. But how Pete acted yesterday when asked is WAY different than how he acted and what he said a month ago.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is a direct quote by Pete Carroll in an ESPN article written by Brady Henderson, Seahawk reporter for ESPN. Note the bolded statement-

"He's had a great run with us getting to this point. He's done everything we've asked of him. Gosh, for weeks and weeks now, he's made every practice, he's been able to do everything and every rep that we've offered him," Carroll said of Lacy, who wasn't yet up to full speed over the offseason from a 2016 ankle injury. "He's conditioned well, he's prepared to play. We've seen him for years, we know what kind of player he is, so he's had enough glimpses of the look in preseason that you can see him get to rumbling with the football. So we're fired up about him playing, and he's ready for a full load.”

The link to the article - http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...lacy-could-be-busy-in-his-return-to-green-bay

Why would Pete say he's conditioned well if he didn't meet the weight expectations?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I don't think Carroll wanted the focus to be on Lacy's weight. Last time he commented on it, there were a dozen articles on that topic. He wants Lacy to be strong and in shape, which he is. His weight is irrelevant at this point.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1do26upd said:
This is a direct quote by Pete Carroll in an ESPN article written by Brady Henderson, Seahawk reporter for ESPN. Note the bolded statement-

"He's had a great run with us getting to this point. He's done everything we've asked of him. Gosh, for weeks and weeks now, he's made every practice, he's been able to do everything and every rep that we've offered him," Carroll said of Lacy, who wasn't yet up to full speed over the offseason from a 2016 ankle injury. "He's conditioned well, he's prepared to play. We've seen him for years, we know what kind of player he is, so he's had enough glimpses of the look in preseason that you can see him get to rumbling with the football. So we're fired up about him playing, and he's ready for a full load.”

The link to the article - http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...lacy-could-be-busy-in-his-return-to-green-bay

Why would Pete say he's conditioned well if he didn't meet the weight expectations?

He's a players coach, maybe he missed by just a couple of pounds and Pete wants to protect him.

I disagree it is an "expectation", especially if he is close (say less than 10 lbs). Desire would be more accurate IMO.

His per game bonus in his contract would be the "expectation". The Weight bonus is additional incentive.

Contract Notes:

$2.865M fully guaranteed (signing bonus + 2017 salary)
Per Game Active Bonus: $62,500 ($1M, 5 LTBE)
Workout/Weight Bonus: $385,000
$55,000 if 255 lbs in May
$55,000 if 250 lbs in June, August
$55,000 if 240 for Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
Rush Yards Incentives (non-accumulating):
800: $250,000
900: $500,000
1,000: $750,000
1,100: $1,000,000
1,200: $1,200,000

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ecwvnie said:
MontanaHawk05":2ecwvnie said:
Sgt. Largent":2ecwvnie said:
DJrmb":2ecwvnie said:

This time? No.
Pete is being coy, he wants to keep the GB Defense guessing.

:D

chris98251

Reaction score
Just set up a portable Chinese Restaurant in the End Zone and move it to the opposite one at Half time, Lacy will have 1000 yards on the day and 10 touchdowns and still be hungry by the time they get their flight back.