Eddie Lacy

907Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":11jd8qs6 said:
hawk45":11jd8qs6 said:
bigskydoc":11jd8qs6 said:
If he is 240 pounds, and averages 2.5 YPC, he will be cut because of his lack of contribution, despite making weight.

Of course there is some area in between 2 and 4 YPC where it may not be clear if he is making a valuable contribution or not.

His weight is an extremely minor part of this, and it would appear that is the message Pete is sending by responding with "He is doing really well."

I'm trying to understand how his weight is an extremely minor part of Lacy being able to contribute. Was it lack of talent, then, that caused Green Bay to move on from him?

He ate his way out of the first stop in his career and with millions at stake in FA, limited his financial future by continuing to stuff himself. Teams don't put weight clauses in contracts for fun.

Based on his history his weight is THE concern, and will always be a concern with this guy. Even if he does manage to contribute while failing to make weight it will still be a concern, because at some poundage it will affect his performance or propensity for being injured.

Some fan saying it isn't a concern won't change this. Only putting together a good stretch of controlling his weight will change it.

Agree. His weight is a minor part of this? It's a huge part of this, and that is no pun. Maybe someone needs a visual.

Gment making fun of a packer players weight issues

That picture is photoshopped, can't wait for these players to get on the field to dispel this nonsense. I say rumble big man rumble.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":1w57iaoy said:
hawknation2017":1w57iaoy said:
This was photoshopped.

What makes you say that? I just found it in a pic search, and I sure as heck didn't photoshop it if true.

Because that pic is ridiculous. I watch football. Lacy got chunky in 2015, but he was never that big.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
This is possibly the funniest, most inconsequential argument I have ever seen on .net. Please, continue. :irishdrinkers:

gonzhawk

Reaction score
As long as he runs right at and into/over/through Clay Mathews at least 10 times I feel we will have got our money's worth?

OrFan

Reaction score
He may have lost weight, but you can't lose slow.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fkec4bn said:
bigskydoc":1fkec4bn said:
If he is contributing, his weight is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he isn't contributing, but he is making weight, it is inconsequential to anything but his wallet. If he is neither contributing, nor making weight, then, perhaps, we can blame the weight. Since we don't know yet how he is contributing, the weight is inconsequential.

This might be the most confusing paragraph I've ever read in my life.

Circular logic FTL.

Bottom line, Lacy's made weight. So if he stinks, it ain't the weight.

Confusing? In the eye of the reader. Circular? Not at all. Just a run down of the possible scenarios of weight and production, and how those affect his wallet. Perhaps if I numbered them it would make more sense. Anyway, since he didn't contribute, we are left with two possibilities.

1 - he made weight, but didn't contribute. He gets paid, but the fact that he made weight is otherwise inconsequential. Based on production, he likely lost the starting job.

2 - he didn't make weight, and he didn't contribute. He doesn't get paid, and he gets demoted. Granted, this may or may not, be due to his weight, but either way the result only effects his pocketbook.

Had he produced, it wouldn't matter if he lost weight, he would still be our starting back.

Anyway, my whole argument wasn't really about his weight or the money. It was that Pete's statement was not necessarily coach speak for "Lacy didn't make weight." It was an attempt to get us to focus on Lacy's production, not his weight.

On a separate note, Given our running game coordinator's inability to evaluate talent, Lacy probably secured his spot atop the depth chart with that outing.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Needs to prove, convincingly, that he's not trying to be the world's worst RB in the next couple weeks if he wants to remain employed.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Carson needs to start ASAP. He is the only RB on the roster that has shown squat so far. Very impressive kid.