ESPN REPORTS: Patriots HUGE cheaters and Goodell covered

Rambitious

Reaction score
drdiags":z2014o1o said:
Sgt. Largent":z2014o1o said:
drdiags":z2014o1o said:
Well as the Oakland Raiders used to say "If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying."

IMO there's a difference between borderline conduct ON the field, and cheating off the field.

On the field the players and refs can control the environment and call penalties accordingly................not the case off the field as with the Patriots. And if they do get caught, their transgressions affected the outcomes of games making it too late to right the wrongs.

Raiders weren't just accused of cheating on the field. John Madden talks about how opponents felt the Raiders did things to the field as well as screwing with the locker-room. Maybe this is classified as gamesmanship vs cheating but it isn't like the NFL is on the up and up across the board throughout its history.

Sure, the Patriots cannot keep their hands out of the cookie jar but obviously they aren't changing anytime soon no matter how many draft picks or fines they get.

True.
The New England PERPS are not changing anytime soon, that's for sure.
That's why there should be lifetime bans (among other penalties) handed out to Tom "Shady" Brady and Bill BeliCHEAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFyg0eh0aGs

ringless

Reaction score
I guess since we are all piling on about Super Bowl losses I will add mine. My team was also a victim of poor officiating. No I will not bring up the Holmes catch at the end as it was a spectacular play and I believe he caught it. While most Cardinals fans do not. However the Steelers should have been penalized 15yds after the play and kicked off from their own 15 since he used the ball as a prop afterwards. A unsportsmanlike penalty.

On the James Harrison return not only was he tackled at the 1-2 yd line where his knee first hit the ground which resulted in a 14 point swing for the Cardinals. There was a missed illegal block on the back on that return that is clear as day and indisputable all the way line or so. A 14 point swing right there in the Steelers favor.

Here is an illegal block in the back of a player going to make a tackle against the sideline

Screen Shot 2015 09 08 at 101036 PM

Here is the other view of the illegal block in the back

Screen Shot 2015 09 08 at 101459 PM

Now keep in Mind Harrison always has his ball in his right hand which is away from the end zone when he comes down, his front Left elbow hits the ground before the ball ever crosses. Larry is grabbing at the ball with both hands, down by contact before even being in the end zone with 0:00 remaining.

Screen Shot 2015 09 08 at 101931 PM

My issue was never the Santonio catch which was a great catch and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Much like the Seahawks we outplayed the steelers
PIT AZ
Total Yards 292 407

Total Plays 58 57

Penalties 7 (56) 11 (106)

There were two penalties on the Harrison Touchdown against Pit, both Illegal blocks in the back, and he was down by contact. That caused a 14 point swing. Could have been a much different game.

I guess all teams feel like they are cheated when they lose a Super Bowl.

ringless

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2015 09 08 at 101900 PM

Here is the other view at the same time. Left Elbow down, ball in right hand. did not cross goal line.

You also have these guys hand underneath Warners jersey pulling it back which also should be a penalty on the same play. If Harrison had been slowed down a millisecond he doesnt score here. Warner would have slowed him down at least half a second here if not made a poor tackle.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 10.31.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 10.31.14 PM.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 648

chris98251

Reaction score
Hey there's more to life than reacting to the latest hater article, and if ever there was a hater article, it's this ESPN one about supposed events > 10 years old.

Which supports everyone's claim that the Patriots have been cheating for 14 years.

The Patriots are the Ted Bundy of the NFL, smart, good looking but get past the façade and they are worse then the image that the Raiders tried to project but weren't. At least the Raiders were up front with their mentality, not a sneaky rat in the closet spreading disease.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":2rj0y944 said:
View attachment 1

Here is the other view at the same time. Left Elbow down, ball in right hand. did not cross goal line.

You also have these guys hand underneath Warners jersey pulling it back which also should be a penalty on the same play. If Harrison had been slowed down a millisecond he doesnt score here. Warner would have slowed him down at least half a second here if not made a poor tackle.

View attachment 1
I was rooting for the Cards that game. Yeah there were some shady calls in that game as well. Funny how they always tend to go the way of the "Legacy teams" in the Super Bowl.

ringless

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":100ufivi said:
ringless":100ufivi said:
View attachment 1

View attachment 1
I was rooting for the Cards that game. Yeah there were some shady calls in that game as well. Funny how they always tend to go the way of the "Legacy teams" in the Super Bowl.

I know the Seattle game was worse in regards to the calls. Its indisputable and even admitted later if memory serves me right (That mistakes were made)

However I just find it unfortunate that people can work so hard to get there just to have it taken away by cheating. Or because one outcome is better for profits. These are lifelong dreams for the players on those teams. Your talking thousands of hours of practice, studying etc just to be robbed of it by likes of Bill, Roger, etc.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1sfjram2 said:
Laloosh":1sfjram2 said:
50yrpatsfan":1sfjram2 said:
Sarlacc83":1sfjram2 said:
This could have some really deep repercussions. Even for us. How do we know Butler didn't know what was coming at the end of XLIX? The Patriots were still cheating then. Had to be. More broadly: they were garbage at the beginning of the year and magically pulled it around for no real reason? We at least jettisoned Harvin. And the Patriots just happened to come back from 2 14 point deficits against Baltimore? ...

OK, so what you're doing here is what the ESPN report is full of. You lost to NE in a close big game, you can't figure out why, you hear the other rumors and figure they must have cheated you too, it starts to gain traction in local media, and before long it ends up in an ESPN story as probably true: the Patriots had a plant in the Seattle locker room in Glendale and that's how Butler knew.

Today's "story" is a bunch of unnamed sources crying that somebody on the Pats maybe snuck into their locker room and stole their scripted play sheets. WTF is that except being a little girl? Now the ESPN pundits are all over it, with grave tones and tape of a game ball. Little girls, and that's an insult to little girls.

Oh good, he finally made it around to the Seattle boards. Been a busy day for you? I bet those Colts and Jets fans have been giving you the what for all day long huh?

Hey there's more to life than reacting to the latest hater article, and if ever there was a hater article, it's this ESPN one about supposed events > 10 years old.

The Rams/Patriots super bowl was 14 years ago. Their claim was that the Patriots beat them by illegally learning their red zone offensive plan for the SB. In the actual game, the Rams got in the red zone once and scored a TD. But that won't stop Martz & that loser Marshall Faulk from crying, and ESPN from using it as a grave example of cheating.

Look I wish the Hawks the best and after Brady and Belichick retire I hope you win 2 or 3 more SB's. But you best prepare for the hate to roll in, cause Hawks fans are like NE's (a little arrogant), your coach is a little shady, and your QB is a little too much a choir boy. That's an irresistible combination for the ESPN hate machine.
So now you're claiming that the Patriots haven't cheated multiple times??...Hog Shit.

Rex

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":35e7xn8l said:

The Rams/Patriots super bowl was 14 years ago. Their claim was that the Patriots beat them by illegally learning their red zone offensive plan for the SB. In the actual game, the Rams got in the red zone once and scored a TD. But that won't stop Martz & that loser Marshall Faulk from crying, and ESPN from using it as a grave example of cheating.

Typical Cheatriots response. Old news isn't news? BS. No team goes into the Super Bowl planning to not play by the rules. Well not unless they were told that by the officials going into that game. Rams WRs constantly mugged. Warner knocked stupid after a blatant late hit. All the Cheatriots could do in the second half was score two FGs the last of which at the end of the game on a drive in which Shady Brady CLEARLY COMMITTED INTENTIONAL GROUNDING that would have ended that drive.

(Due to robot narration best viewed with sound turned off.)

[youtube]hFnGOwW-Vt0[/youtube]

After the FG the officials ran all the time off the clock to deny the Rams even getting a chance to touch the ball.

Who was the official responsible for assuring a Cheatriots victory? None other than Head Referee Bernie Kukar. Scroll ahead to 3:35 to see Faulk get blatantly held then watch Kukar try to talk the other officials to pick up the penalty flag. Then watch Warner get hit in the face on an INT returned for a TD and no flag from Kukar. Of course earlier in the game on a Rams fumble recovered by the Cheatriots Kukar picked up the flag against the Cheatriots. Nice work Bernie.

Your New England Cheatriots: The greatest CHEATING DYNASTY in the history of the NFL.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Nice piece of investigative journalism by ESPN, and I think this is a good counter-example to the general belief that they're too hopelessly in bed with the NFL to actually by critical of it.

As for the substance of the piece itself, I think it basically confirms what many people have suspected for awhile now: Spygate was a much bigger problem that was mostly swept under the rug, and Deflategate is mostly trumped up silliness that makes up for the errors in dealing with Spygate.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qolt9uu said:
Nice piece of investigative journalism by ESPN, and I think this is a good counter-example to the general belief that they're too hopelessly in bed with the NFL to actually by critical of it.

As for the substance of the piece itself, I think it basically confirms what many people have suspected for awhile now: Spygate was a much bigger problem that was mostly swept under the rug, and Deflategate is mostly trumped up silliness that makes up for the errors in dealing with Spygate.

Much of what is in the article was already in the book "Spygate: The Untold Story" that the NFL did their best to squash through their friends in the media.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":28vwl21a said:
50yrpatsfan":28vwl21a said:
Sarlacc83":28vwl21a said:
This could have some really deep repercussions. Even for us. How do we know Butler didn't know what was coming at the end of XLIX? The Patriots were still cheating then. Had to be. More broadly: they were garbage at the beginning of the year and magically pulled it around for no real reason? We at least jettisoned Harvin. And the Patriots just happened to come back from 2 14 point deficits against Baltimore? ...

OK, so what you're doing here is what the ESPN report is full of. You lost to NE in a close big game, you can't figure out why, you hear the other rumors and figure they must have cheated you too, it starts to gain traction in local media, and before long it ends up in an ESPN story as probably true: the Patriots had a plant in the Seattle locker room in Glendale and that's how Butler knew.

Today's "story" is a bunch of unnamed sources crying that somebody on the Pats maybe snuck into their locker room and stole their scripted play sheets. WTF is that except being a little girl? Now the ESPN pundits are all over it, with grave tones and tape of a game ball. Little girls, and that's an insult to little girls.
Face it, yer team is a bunch of wicked cheatahhs!
The named quite a few real sources in that report, but of course you will ignore those or write them off as jealous haters like the rest of your delusional fanbase does.

Sounds like Billyboy has been a cheatin' since arrived in Bawwwwston!

A legacy forever tarnished!!!

NO HOF for Billicheat!
NO HOF for Shady Brady!

This report doesn't include any news or facts whatsoever. All it does it a) repeat what was already known 8 years ago about Spygate, to stir the pot, and b) show that a bunch of sore losers too afraid to go on the record were completely paranoid about the Patriots. Not 1 new fact, just a bunch of stories that reflect worse on them than NE. Total joke.

Why would you guys take a junk report like this as anything important? Can you tell the difference between a good article and a deeply flawed one? i.e., did you have a decent high school English teacher? Maybe you just want to join the list of the pathetic vanquished, looking for excuses. I thought Hawk fans were a little more stand up than this.

Nobody in NE is gonna lose any sleep over this garbage, bring it on.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":1eondgc4 said:
Much of what is in the article was already in the book "Spygate: The Untold Story" that the NFL did their best to squash through their friends in the media.

Not really. Some of the conclusions are the same but the article is more useful because the reporters actually had access, whereas O'Leary was forced to rely on conjecture and publicly available sources and data.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3tq5lerd said:
Sports Hernia":3tq5lerd said:
50yrpatsfan":3tq5lerd said:
Sarlacc83":3tq5lerd said:

Face it, yer team is a bunch of wicked cheatahhs!
The named quite a few real sources in that report, but of course you will ignore those or write them off as jealous haters like the rest of your delusional fanbase does.

Sounds like Billyboy has been a cheatin' since arrived in Bawwwwston!

A legacy forever tarnished!!!

NO HOF for Billicheat!
NO HOF for Shady Brady!

This report doesn't include any news or facts whatsoever. All it does it a) repeat what was already known 8 years ago about Spygate, to stir the pot, and b) show that a bunch of sore losers too afraid to go on the record were completely paranoid about the Patriots. Not 1 new fact, just a bunch of stories that reflect worse on them than NE. Total joke.

Why would you guys take a junk report like this as anything important? Can you tell the difference between a good article and a deeply flawed one? i.e., did you have a decent high school English teacher? Maybe you just want to join the list of the pathetic vanquished, looking for excuses. I thought Hawk fans were a little more stand up than this.

LOL, you as is most of your fanbase is in deep denial.
Your team are proven cheaters and Rog and his cronies covered it up.
Like I said, Legacys forever tarnished!

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1v5jdeis said:

At this point, it has grown more then obvious you havent even read it. And I understand, its a long read and you already are aware of the conclusion, which you dont agree with.

But do yourself a favor and read it. I know you'll say you have and probably wont, but you should regardless. But since I know you'll tell me you did, its obvious that you arent going to further this conversation anymore then you have.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Cartire":18vpqn7b said:
50yrpatsfan":18vpqn7b said:

At this point, it has grown more then obvious you havent even read it. And I understand, its a long read and you already are aware of the conclusion, which you dont agree with.

But do yourself a favor and read it. I know you'll say you have and probably wont, but you should regardless. But since I know you'll tell me you did, its obvious that you arent going to further this conversation anymore then you have.

From a Philly writer today, referring to the Eagles loss to NE in the SB:

Belichick's starting quarterback has been Tom Brady for 14 seasons. In the seven seasons before the rule change on defensive signals, the Patriots were 86-26. In the seven seasons since, they are 84-28. If Brady has been less effective in his play or Belichick less able to scout the opposition, it hasn't been very apparent.

If it makes you feel better to believe the Eagles would have won had the game been fair and square, go ahead. Maybe the Eagles should buy a big trophy, inscribe "We Were Cheated 2/6/05" and put it in the NovaCare Complex lobby. Sell T-shirts. Have a parade.

In the end, it might also be worth considering that Brady knowing the Eagles were in dime coverage (and he could count when he got to the line, by the way) is less important than the fact that the extra men in the secondary were Roderick Hood and Matt Ware.

Being better is the most unfair advantage of all. That's why people dislike Belichick and the Patriots, and it is totally understandable. Everyone does what he does. He just does it better. Everyone wants to win. Everyone wants to gain an edge. If you let him, he's not the one to blame.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... 3Wjs3V6.99

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3qvvsmoa said:
Cartire":3qvvsmoa said:
50yrpatsfan":3qvvsmoa said:

From a Philly writer today, referring to the Eagles loss to NE in the SB:

Belichick's starting quarterback has been Tom Brady for 14 seasons. In the seven seasons before the rule change on defensive signals, the Patriots were 86-26. In the seven seasons since, they are 84-28. If Brady has been less effective in his play or Belichick less able to scout the opposition, it hasn't been very apparent.

If it makes you feel better to believe the Eagles would have won had the game been fair and square, go ahead. Maybe the Eagles should buy a big trophy, inscribe "We Were Cheated 2/6/05" and put it in the NovaCare Complex lobby. Sell T-shirts. Have a parade.

In the end, it might also be worth considering that Brady knowing the Eagles were in dime coverage (and he could count when he got to the line, by the way) is less important than the fact that the extra men in the secondary were Roderick Hood and Matt Ware.

Being better is the most unfair advantage of all. That's why people dislike Belichick and the Patriots, and it is totally understandable. Everyone does what he does. He just does it better. Everyone wants to win. Everyone wants to gain an edge. If you let him, he's not the one to blame.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... 3Wjs3V6.99

Ahh, the classic, "Of course I didnt read it, but lets find others that think like me and use them as evidence."

Never gets old.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2647ofvi said:

You lost enough sleep to make your late night other team forum rounds in order to defend your team............again.

This is what cracks me up about Patriot fans, they can even admit to 1% of wrong doing. It's just deflect, blame, disregard, rinse and repeat.

If you were to drop an alien down in the middle of the country and show him all the nonsense the Patriots have been doing in the Belichick era, and then ask him if any funny business has been going on, what do you think he'd say?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3647u062 said:
This could have some really deep repercussions. Even for us. How do we know Butler didn't know what was coming at the end of XLIX? The Patriots were still cheating then. Had to be. More broadly: they were garbage at the beginning of the year and magically pulled it around for no real reason? We at least jettisoned Harvin. And the Patriots just happened to come back from 2 14 point deficits against Baltimore? Yeah, strange things happen but it is impossible to discount any of those things given the systemic cheating. At the very least, it becomes impossible to trust any defense the Patriots mount even if it wasn't caused by actual cheating.

And not to tear at healed scars, but let's go conspiracy theory: isn't it possible that the officiating in XL* was a make up to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship game when the Patriots got away with cheating? I know that's tin foil given the timing of the tape release but how deep does this actually go? What did Tagliabue know? This is going to continue to unfold into new areas no matter what.

Damn. Great point, even if viewed as tinfoil (y). I was trying to explain to my wife the extent and depth of N.E.'s cheating. I too feel like it will be swept away as soon as humanly possible. I'm not sure what I'm feeling at this point.
It hurts the integrity of the teams involved and the league as a whole.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
It's really come down to should teams even have to play them? With the cheating so rampant what is the point of playing them?

The integrity and fairness of the NFL was already one thin ice, this just sunk it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
On a more sincere note: this also explains why so many Patriots players are terrible elsewhere. It goes beyond being system players to compensatiom for their weaknesses by stolen information. For instance, if everyone knows where the ball is going, 40 time and play recognition don't matter a whole lot. (It also explains why one of their offensive linemen said all other teams' preparations were a joke in comparison to Belicheck's. I wonder why his were so much more....comprehensive.)