Evaluating a .NET policy on selling Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rjdriver":l99eklii said:
I would like to share an anecdote.

Last year I had a huge anniversary and what I wanted more than anything is to take my wife of 15 years to a Seahawks game in Seattle. I wanted to give her a part of me, and in many ways the Seahawks are. I feel blessed to be able provide the necessities of life but don't make a lot of money by any stretch of the imagination.

Luckily for us, the Hawks were playing on the week of our anniversary. I arranged babysitters, flights, hotel, rental car, everything EXCEPT tickets. I was unable to find any I could afford, I had bid on multiple eBay tickets, but they always fell through and I just couldn't afford stubhubs prices. I had resigned myself to either canceling the trip or sitting in the nosebleeds for two bills a ticket.

With just a few days before the game, I reached out on .net and asked if anyone was not going to be able to attend the game last minute, and if they couldn't, I would buy their tickets at face value. I think it was Friday or Saturday, I received a PM asking if I still needed tickets. I did. He said he and his wife were not able to attend the game and he would be more than happy to let me have the tickets. I was almost in tears. I asked for his paypal account so I could send him money. He wouldn't take a cent. I got the tickets via NFL ticket exchange and about died when I saw the face value. I think they were club section 235 IIRC and the face value was $367.00 EACH. I knew I couldn't afford these, but I wanted to give him something. I texted him again and his only reply was "Just cheer as loud as you can".

It was the most magical anniversary I have ever had, we screamed our heads off as we watched our Hawks win in stunning fashion against the Patriots. I don't think this member will ever truly know how grateful I was for his generosity. Who gives a complete stranger a $750 gift? But that's just it.....this site is different. It will always be that way for me, It does feel like a family at times, including the ups and downs. I totally get where lukerguy is coming from (you're going to sell them anyway), but support the policy here on .net
Damn what an awesome story. I about cried reading it. Really. Your emotions really came through in your description of the events that led to you two attending the game. And boy what a game to attend!

grizbob

Reaction score
I give all the previous posts as evidence as to why .net is the best board on the web :179417:

Anguish

Reaction score
rjdriver":2byzexi6 said:
I would like to share an anecdote.

Last year I had a huge anniversary and what I wanted more than anything is to take my wife of 15 years to a Seahawks game in Seattle. I wanted to give her a part of me, and in many ways the Seahawks are. I feel blessed to be able provide the necessities of life but don't make a lot of money by any stretch of the imagination.

Luckily for us, the Hawks were playing on the week of our anniversary. I arranged babysitters, flights, hotel, rental car, everything EXCEPT tickets. I was unable to find any I could afford, I had bid on multiple eBay tickets, but they always fell through and I just couldn't afford stubhubs prices. I had resigned myself to either canceling the trip or sitting in the nosebleeds for two bills a ticket.

With just a few days before the game, I reached out on .net and asked if anyone was not going to be able to attend the game last minute, and if they couldn't, I would buy their tickets at face value. I think it was Friday or Saturday, I received a PM asking if I still needed tickets. I did. He said he and his wife were not able to attend the game and he would be more than happy to let me have the tickets. I was almost in tears. I asked for his paypal account so I could send him money. He wouldn't take a cent. I got the tickets via NFL ticket exchange and about died when I saw the face value. I think they were club section 235 IIRC and the face value was $367.00 EACH. I knew I couldn't afford these, but I wanted to give him something. I texted him again and his only reply was "Just cheer as loud as you can".

It was the most magical anniversary I have ever had, we screamed our heads off as we watched our Hawks win in stunning fashion against the Patriots. I don't think this member will ever truly know how grateful I was for his generosity. Who gives a complete stranger a $750 gift? But that's just it.....this site is different. It will always be that way for me, It does feel like a family at times, including the ups and downs. I totally get where lukerguy is coming from (you're going to sell them anyway), but support the policy here on .net

This is not only truth, but this is EXACTLY why I hold steady on all discussions about this topic. Seahawks.NET is about community.

I've been lambasted by people time and time again about my vigorous enforcement of this policy. Keep 'em coming, 'cause it's not going to change. You can sell your tickets for as much of a profit/market value/whatever you want to, you just can't do it HERE.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
The vast majority of people don't comprehend how the charter licenses work or they fail to understand how they should impact resale of tickets. The fact you pay 2,500 (min for most part) a seat for a license fee it should be considered as a component of the all in ticket price for those seats. Essentially that is why face value of the tickets is so low. The face value on your ticket is subsidized in part because you front loaded a large cash portion up front. The club seats behind us have a face value of $265 a game and the face value on charters is somewhere between 110-125ish. The difference on those prices just isn't club access but rather it accounts for the charter fee. In reality the true intrinsic face value of charter seats is somewhere around 200-225 which accounts for the seat license. Obviously you can sell them for a lot higher in this environment but when calculating a true face value 200-225 per seat is fair IMO. Consequently I don't think selling charters at this price makes you a money hoarding scalper. I have this issue from time to time when people want to buy my seats and I have to explain the situation to them. Usually I just point them to the ticket exchange where they can see charter tix selling for 500 and I am offering them for 225...

dradee

Reaction score
BoatsAndHose":2sygaxgn said:
The vast majority of people don't comprehend how the charter licenses work or they fail to understand how they should impact resale of tickets. The fact you pay 2,500 (min for most part) a seat for a license fee it should be considered as a component of the all in ticket price for those seats. Essentially that is why face value of the tickets is so low. The face value on your ticket is subsidized in part because you front loaded a large cash portion up front. The club seats behind us have a face value of $265 a game and the face value on charters is somewhere between 110-125ish. The difference on those prices just isn't club access but rather it accounts for the charter fee. In reality the true intrinsic face value of charter seats is somewhere around 200-225 which accounts for the seat license. Obviously you can sell them for a lot higher in this environment but when calculating a true face value 200-225 per seat is fair IMO. Consequently I don't think selling charters at this price makes you a money hoarding scalper. I have this issue from time to time when people want to buy my seats and I have to explain the situation to them. Usually I just point them to the ticket exchange where they can see charter tix selling for 500 and I am offering them for 225...

I understand economics. Send me a PM for tickets next year please. The charters that have a low $100 face value are certainly worth $200 to me.

While its a nice feel good story that someone was kind enough to give their tickets away for free it shouldn't be considered the norm. A Football game is a frivolous luxury not a necessity in life , Nets policy hinders fans from finding tickets at a reasonable price.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wish I had known about charter Tix 2 years ago. I have been trying to get season tix since I finished training and became a contributing member of society. It wasn't until last month that I found out about charter tix which are currently overvalued. I have no problem with this. I will wait for a bad season before I buy.

Of course my biggest fear is that I will end up with charter tix in a sedate, seated section.

Go Hawks.

-bsd

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
Most charter sections are pretty intense. You feel the game a lot more than the 300 level (I've been to multiple games in both). I have seats in 107 and people are super loud and stand the whole game. 112 is very rowdy imo, lots of yelling at opposing fans and people stand the whole game. People who don't normally sit in 112 and come to the game are usually pretty overwhelmed and surprised with the experience.

Anguish

Reaction score
BoatsAndHose":gdb9lv63 said:

You are correct, free tickets are not going to be the norm. There have been many, MANY times this year that I have ok'ed tickets EXACTLY as you are describing. Communication with the staff is key here. There is a VERY large difference between selling YOUR charter B season tickets for $200 and a ticket in 340RR being sold for $500 because 'that's what they paid for it'.

dradee":gdb9lv63 said:
I understand economics. Send me a PM for tickets next year please. The charters that have a low $100 face value are certainly worth $200 to me.

While its a nice feel good story that someone was kind enough to give their tickets away for free it shouldn't be considered the norm. A Football game is a frivolous luxury not a necessity in life , Nets policy hinders fans from finding tickets at a reasonable price.

Says the guy who had a post removed for violating said policy.

Anyone wanting to discuss this further, feel free to send me a PM, I'm more than willing to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.