Evan Mathis Released

hawknation2015

Reaction score
netskier":qzaxe35d said:
That is a good interesting article. It sounds as if he would be extremely valuable to us for a couple of years while we train our new guys, who are also very quick, and would benefit from copying and talking with a top guard with their own attributes. I hope we sign him right after we sign Wagner.

I don't think we have the money to sign him when we may need that money to give Wilson a large signing bonus (~$30 million) or to reserve money for next year's large franchise tag salary if Wilson refuses to sign. I'm sure they also prioritize extending Wagner and reserving money for his signing bonus.

I just don't want him to end up with a division rival.

netskier

Reaction score
I thought that maybe we do have the money now to sign him, given that Wilson seems to be on hold given his new sell insurance policy against injury, and the hawks now negotiating vigorously with Wagner. And the cap will go up a lot next year. I think that Mathis would give us a dominate left offensive line immediately, which would give us early wins, which should get us home field advantage, which should give Wilson even more endorsement money, for which he should give the hawks some financial credit against his contact. Wouldn't hurt to ask him.

Latest posts