Frank Clark returns to Seahawks

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I agree we should get players who buy in and are able to do it all but Jimmy was clearly a receiving tight end and wanted to be treated as one. There was no reason to think that trade would be successful if we werent going to utilize his strengths.
Noah Fant, another pass 1st TE, has bought in and he’s a better all around player now. Jimmy moved around the league after leaving Seattle, did anyone ever hear about him dominating the league. Sean Payton maximized his value, and fleeced the Seahawks.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
Noah Fant, another pass 1st TE, has bought in and he’s a better all around player now. Jimmy moved around the league after leaving Seattle, did anyone ever hear about him dominating the league. Sean Payton maximized his value, and fleeced the Seahawks
Payton *did* maximize Jimmy's value...by using him as a receiver.
The Hawks *did* get fleeced...by not seeing him for what he was and not using him the way the Saints did.
You don't trade for a DT and turn him into a FB, just like you don't trade for a WR and turn him into a blocking tight end.
As for not being an impact player after leaving the Hawks, he was already on the backend of his career, and he was never a really fast guy so all it took was losing a half step and he simply became a tall guy wearing a football jersey.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Jimmy was a red zone beast in NO. Hawks did try posting him up in the end zone but Russ couldn’t get the ball to him.

Was that Pete fault? I have a feeling Geno would have been a better fit with Jimmy. Jimmy starred with Drew Brees, Russ was no Brees. Overall, it was a bad fit for a very good team.

Jville

Reaction score
Noah Fant, another pass 1st TE, has bought in and he’s a better all around player now. Jimmy moved around the league after leaving Seattle, did anyone ever hear about him dominating the league. Sean Payton maximized his value, and fleeced the Seahawks.

I wonder if that's why Payton trusts his own personnel decisions over that of Russel's?

Noah Fant grew a lot last year and has an expanded his role this year. They are lining him up in multiple spots along with the other tight ends. Fant ihas become so much more versatile. And, he still has his exceptional foot speed and quickness.

Returning to the threads original topic of Frank Clark, we're looking at fresh legs, a re-connection with Jarran Reed, and the continuation of a rotation for the younger players to audition and use additional snaps and grow and expand their game.

Way to go Schneider. Plan B, the return to the nest, is looking good. (y)

JPatera76

Reaction score
I wonder if that's why Payton trusts his own personnel decisions over that of Russel's?

Noah Fant grew a lot last year and has an expanded his role this year. They are lining him up in multiple spots along with the other tight ends. Fant ihas become so much more versatile. And, he still has his exceptional foot speed and quickness.

Returning to the threads original topic of Frank Clark, we're looking at fresh legs, a re-connection with Jarran Reed, and the continuation of a rotation for the younger players to audition and use additional snaps and grow and expand their game.

Way to go Schneider. Plan B, the return to the nest, is looking good. (y)

Noah praises pete and seattle and a lot of stuff we've heard from other plays here too

Jville

Reaction score
Noah praises pete and seattle and a lot of stuff we've heard from other plays here too

Awesome interview !!!!!!!

For me, Noah Fant is filling that void left behind by the injury and retirement of Zach Miller.

I am totally enjoying Fant's growth as a tight end.

At only 25 years old, there is more to come.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Awesome interview !!!!!!!

For me, Noah Fant is filling that void left behind by the injury and retirement of Zach Miller.

I am totally enjoying Fant's growth as a tight end.

At only 25 years old, there is more to come.

100%

strohmin

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham is a much better pass catcher than Noah Fant but yeah Id still prefer guys like Noah Fant than Jimmy Graham on this team. Jimmy never blocked when he was on the Saints.