Frank Clark vs Tyler Lockett

Frank Clark vs Tyler Lockett. Who's better now, who has the better career?

• Clark now, and Clark for career

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Clark now, and Lockett for career

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Lockett now, and Lockett for career

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Lockett now, and Clark for career

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Hawks46

Reaction score
Laloosh":2gpitftx said:
Seriously difficult choice. I chose Lockett now and Clark career. Clark's got physical attributes that I don't see becoming less effective with changes in the league like WR / corner size or body type.

This is where I went as well. I think Lockett has more impact now, as he'll get more reps and a bigger chance to impact a game on a per play basis. Clark will have a better career due to longevity. I see Lockett getting beat up a bit when he loses a bit of quickness. Hopefully MUCH later on in his career.

As for Clark vs. Lockett, I have Lockett winning the foot race and Clark winning the arm wrestling match.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
They both are Pro Bowl talents. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if both of them make it in their second year. I could see Lockett making it as a returner right away though. That's why I think Lockett is slightly ahead right now but Clark just screams HoF. So much strength, speed and skill in one package. He will be a dominant force through his entire career.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets see how they play by week 16 then re visit this topic, they will both have to adapt to things and that is where the rubber meets the road. Teams are going to try to find a way to nullify them, they have to make adjustments and grow.

peppersjap

Reaction score
All I can say is what a draft! The talent they were able to obtain in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with these guys is insane. They do miss sometimes but when they hit it is a homerun!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great question and poll thank you!

I voted clark now but Lockett for career, simply because with more experience with Russell he will be more of a weapon on offense, but the same could be said with clark on the other side. Excited about them both

kobebryant

Reaction score
Thought this was pretty telling from a fieldgulls article:

"Clark combines 4.64 speed with an outrageous 4.05 short shuttle and 38.5" vertical. He's also not yet 22 years old.

It's not just the athleticism, either. The 83-7/8" wingspan and 34-3/8" arm length both ranked 3rd among all Edge players invited to the 2015 NFL Combine. It's a combination of length and athleticism that's incredibly rare; dating back to 1999, the only edge players with greater length and the athleticism of Clark are Manny Lawson, Justin Houston, and Michael Johnson... and DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams only miss the cut into that club by a few ticks of arm length."

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/1/8533 ... er-lockett

This is the class of athlete Frank Clark is in, and he has a motor.

Twelver

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1cl68xy9 said:
They are both going to be amazing. I like Lockett's upside because of the number of things he can do on offense and special teams at the highest level.

I find them about equally impressive. If I could only keep one it would be hard to choose. Clark looks more durable, maybe I'll go with that.

Rob12

Reaction score
kobebryant":1qc1pijm said:
Thought this was pretty telling from a fieldgulls article:

"Clark combines 4.64 speed with an outrageous 4.05 short shuttle and 38.5" vertical. He's also not yet 22 years old.

It's not just the athleticism, either. The 83-7/8" wingspan and 34-3/8" arm length both ranked 3rd among all Edge players invited to the 2015 NFL Combine. It's a combination of length and athleticism that's incredibly rare; dating back to 1999, the only edge players with greater length and the athleticism of Clark are Manny Lawson, Justin Houston, and Michael Johnson... and DeMarcus Ware and Mario Williams only miss the cut into that club by a few ticks of arm length."

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/5/1/8533 ... er-lockett

This is the class of athlete Frank Clark is in, and he has a motor.

/thread

But I love me some Mr. Lockett.

Latest posts