Fred Jackson is a Seahawk

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Fred is a better RB than anyone on the roster not named Marshawn, probably the best pass blocker on the team and a better FB than Coleman...

Love this signing...

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/639976300350939136[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/639976453879103488[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/639977557702541313[/tweet]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":3qqm0nfz said:
As far as Michael goes, he is a few minor tweaks away from being a very good player, and he did show some progress this preseason. Seattle tends to be patient with talent, it has served them well in the past with other guys who had raw ability but did dumb shit (Golden Tate, Bruce Irvin, etc). Maybe they cut him, but I doubt it, it just goes against their MO. And Carroll's presser last week strongly indicated that Michael was not in any danger of losing his job.

They have been very patient with Michael over the last three off-seasons. I think your comparison of Tate and Irvin is faulty. Both were major contributors as rookies, in a way that Michael has never proven. Both were starting games by their 2nd years. And both were playing at a very high level entering their 3rd seasons. Michael has not shown the same steady level of improvement that players like Tate and Irvin have demonstrated in the past. It's put up or shut up time.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
The timing seems to indicate to me that C-Mike will be gone (traded or cut) and Turbin cut w/settlement. Rawls should make the team & Smith PS. At least, that's how I see it. Additionally I'd say Lockette is toast, and maybe Kearse gets traded as well?

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Great signing , he can give a motivational speech in what it was like to play with Jim Brown. Turd is old

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2mwq2m8f said:
Great signing , he can give a motivational speech in what it was like to play with Jim Brown. Turd is old
You picked this subject to get your ass banned? Really?

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
The worse case long term scenario for this is.

A) Marshawn does his thing again, goes for another 1300+ yards and wins a Super Bowl and retires.

B) Fred Jackson does his thing again, goes for 700 yards and wins his first Playoff games and gets a ring and retires.

C) You are left with either Turbin or Michael running the ball next year, in their contract year, where their value would be highest. If either had a decent year this year, they would be running for a big contract in 2016.

D) Worse case short term is Lynch isn't 100% this year and Michael or Turbin have a big season and immediately looking for a pay day next year, without Rawls on the roster.

I would rather have cost certainty on Rawls and another back in 2016 vs rolling the dice that they (Turbin or Micheal) get their acts together.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":36mbyj6p said:
Not banned but if you have nothing of value to say I'd suggest just not saying anything. Especially given age doesn't seem to be a huge factor for him if you look at his actual performance and the intangibles he brings that this team is literally crying out for currently.

My only concern about him is injury not his age because he's uniquely freaky in that area especially for a running back.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":17ydoo93 said:
Bob loblaw":17ydoo93 said:
Not banned but if you have nothing of value to say I'd suggest just not saying anything. Especially given age doesn't seem to be a huge factor for him if you look at his actual performance and the intangibles he brings that this team is literally crying out for currently.

My only concern about him is injury not his age because he's uniquely freaky in that area especially for a running back.

:13:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I suspect Fred is here to pass block primarily. Our tight ends are not good at it. Fred is. I would be surprised if he got more carries than Turbin averaged.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2h5b8ye0 said:
I suspect Fred is here to pass block primarily. Our tight ends are not good at it. Fred is. I would be surprised if he got more carries than Turbin averaged.

He has a chance to be more of a weapon as a receiver on 3rd downs, due to his superior tackle breaking ability, acting as a safety valve for the scrambling Wilson. He averaged nearly 9 yards after the catch last season with 19 broken tackles as a receiver.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Firstly , that was straight funny and the point had a ton of value. JS invested a 2nd round pick in C-Mike an just acknowledged that they are giving up on him by signing an over the hill RB, who was injured a lot. If CM was good enough they could have waited on Turbin with Michael holding down the backup. The RB situation just got very interesting, marshawan is the rock but everyone else just fell off around him. It's now time for the Seahawks to look for the back of the future again. C-Mike is not it. That is a post of value.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":4e43u9rh said:
Scottemojo":4e43u9rh said:

He has a chance to be more of a weapon as a receiver on 3rd downs, due to his superior tackle breaking ability, acting as a safety valve for the scrambling Wilson. He averaged nearly 9 yards after the catch last season with 19 broken tackles as a receiver.
Which is why I said carries, not receptions.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3r4dfctd said:
hawknation2015":3r4dfctd said:
Scottemojo":3r4dfctd said:

Which is why I said carries, not receptions.

Not disagreeing with you, just thought I would add that Jackson's greatest strength is his receiving out of the backfield, which I consider to be superior to Turbin's due to their respective tackle breaking abilities.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":253glzpu said:
Agreed. And the fact he's a great outlet receiver, leader with huge locker room presence, while being Marshawn's best bud and Kam not being here has to factor in.

jake206

Reaction score
Biggest worry with Fred is health. Can he stay healthy all year?

HawkerD

Reaction score
There are so many ridiculous comments about liking a player so we should keep him. Turbo is out at least 5 weeks and is an URFA next year who we are not going to pay veteran wages. Why try and keep him? There going to do an injury settlement with him and be done with it 11 games earlier than planned. I doubt CMike gets cut. Better chance of Rawls getting through waivers than CMike.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":at96v4ry said:
Firstly , that was straight funny and the point had a ton of value. JS invested a 2nd round pick in C-Mike an just acknowledged that they are giving up on him by signing an over the hill RB, who was injured a lot. If CM was good enough they could have waited on Turbin with Michael holding down the backup. The RB situation just got very interesting, marshawan is the rock but everyone else just fell off around him. It's now time for the Seahawks to look for the back of the future again. C-Mike is not it. That is a post of value.

You started posting like, night of the super bowl and I haven't seen a post from you that wasn't a knock on Seattle. Nice to be able to be critical, right? If it's your only reason for being here, do us a solid and stop.

Plenty of things to criticize but you're obviously here to antagonize.