Fred Jackson is a Seahawk

Laloosh

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":wfiemfm5 said:
:thcoffee:

Yeah, you sip your coffee but I know how you got your post count that high, double poster!

More on topic, does this mean we have to keep Coleman?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Laloosh":dq8s3k8o said:
MizzouHawkGal":dq8s3k8o said:
:thcoffee:

Yeah, you sip your coffee but I know how you got your post count that high, double poster!

More on topic, does this mean we have to keep Coleman?
Just watching Laloosh, you and ScottM gave good advice and well.....it's under control.

Also don't be jealous it takes real skill to double post at my level.;)

Yes, we're keeping Coleman. If not I'm going to be very mad in a serious way.

Sealake80

Reaction score
People don't like the post. Instead of ignoring it they tell the guy not to post anymore and call him a troll. The post policing community at .net is funny. For what it's worth I don't like those posts.

Hey, If you think the guys an old fart go on and say it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. At least your not questioning fandom, discouraging contributions and calling people trolls. My two cents. Thanks.

Oh yeah, it's tough for me not to get excited about every move Pete and John make. That's my little contribution to the actual thread. I enjoyed typing it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2ll1x6mh said:
Firstly , that was straight funny and the point had a ton of value. JS invested a 2nd round pick in C-Mike an just acknowledged that they are giving up on him by signing an over the hill RB, who was injured a lot. If CM was good enough they could have waited on Turbin with Michael holding down the backup. The RB situation just got very interesting, marshawan is the rock but everyone else just fell off around him. It's now time for the Seahawks to look for the back of the future again. C-Mike is not it. That is a post of value.
I think your niners have much bigger holes to fill than the Hawks do. You may want to focus on them??

Hawks46

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":3pv1ctwn said:
The worse case long term scenario for this is.

A) Marshawn does his thing again, goes for another 1300+ yards and wins a Super Bowl and retires.

B) Fred Jackson does his thing again, goes for 700 yards and wins his first Playoff games and gets a ring and retires.

C) You are left with either Turbin or Michael running the ball next year, in their contract year, where their value would be highest. If either had a decent year this year, they would be running for a big contract in 2016.

D) Worse case short term is Lynch isn't 100% this year and Michael or Turbin have a big season and immediately looking for a pay day next year, without Rawls on the roster.

I would rather have cost certainty on Rawls and another back in 2016 vs rolling the dice that they (Turbin or Micheal) get their acts together.

Marshawn is a quirky dude and it's hard to predict what he'll do. We could see an option like:

Lynch and Jackson play together for a year, win a SB, decide they really like playing football with good friends, and sign up for another year.

Stranger things have happened. Jackson is worth a roster spot to keep Lynch around.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Good blocking, pass catching, lots of experience, synergy with Marshawn and is a very physical runner. Amazing guy to have as a RB2.

Exittium

Reaction score
Lynch + Jackson = a dream team probably for rawls to learn from. If anything thats how i see it. Rawls gets to learn from some pretty great dudes infront him if he makes it and is the 3rd back.

And if he learns and excels maybe we'll finally have that security blanket so when and if lynch leaves... Whenever that happens

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3e8p7tmm said:
Good blocking, pass catching, lots of experience, synergy with Marshawn and is a very physical runner. Amazing guy to have as a RB2.
Don't forget the intagibles. Like being a leader, great teammate and locker room presence much like Kam...hmm...I wonder if that wasn't a factor in his signing?

Buffalo fans don't like that they lost him but love the fact we signed him. And not in a bad way because they know he's a leader and it sure doesn't hurt that he's Lynch's BFF.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is a hedge our bet deal, someone to come in right away and be able to block, run catch, and mentor the young guys, don't think this deal happens if Turbin was healthy. We start the season out against the Rams, that's important in so much that we don't want to put a Loss out of the gate if we can help it. I am betting Fred has had a playbook since he visited also. He will make Lynch a happy camper as well, problem we will have is if he is a rent a player and we get Turbin healthy and nobody claims him do we bring him back and cut Jackson or someone else, or simply wave goodbye. Cutting Jackson after we sign him would not sit well with Lynch.

Largent80

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":3ifyq900 said:
A thirty four year old running back? Seriously? Hope it's for the Veteran minimum with the discount on the salary cap.

A Bob sighting !!!!!!

Get back on here.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Of Course I troll, I'm a Niner fan, second I can say my troll is pretty light, let's not get so sensitive. The point I made is very valid and a comparison to yesterday's criticism of tube Niners having older players in the roster. The isn't a position player that shows his age faster than RBs, it's a huge risk signing an a very clear statement that C-Mike is a bust. Just as LaMichael James was. Sorry but RB don't get time to develop. You either have it or you don't .

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":3w3oxpey said:
Of Course I troll, I'm a Niner fan, second I can say my troll is pretty light, let's not get so sensitive. The point I made is very valid and a comparison to yesterday's criticism of tube Niners having older players in the roster. The isn't a position player that shows his age faster than RBs, it's a huge risk signing an a very clear statement that C-Mike is a bust. Just as LaMichael James was. Sorry but RB don't get time to develop. You either have it or you don't .
Trolling is illegal. Watch out ninny fan.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Then I am not a troll, I am an arch rival who like to add some flavor to his post. Yea a little trash talk but go through every post I've ever made. Never a curse word or vulgar post. That is a troll. Bob Loblaw continues on

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2no9d0lk said:
Then I am not a troll, I am an arch rival who like to add some flavor to his post. Yea a little trash talk but go through every post I've ever made. Never a curse word or vulgar post. That is a troll. Bob Loblaw continues on
That's the spirit! Don't let us get away with too much. Keep leaning on that rudder to straighten us out.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Actually Bob LOB is kinda funny, and if he's a Ninner fan, it's nice he gives a shout-out to the LOB as "the law" in his sig, Bob loblaw. Should use CAPS though.

Back to Fred Jackson... his highlight videos... WOW. I see a fast, tough, powerful, elusive runner with *great* vision. Who apparently can also lay a block or two. Just ask that DL he pancaked on the one video.

His vision and smarts as a runner... on that long TD run vs. the Giants, he sees that a Giants DB will catch him short of the goal line, so he does a full-speed, 45-degree cut to lose him, just before the DB is close enough to make the tackle.
His highlight reels were *full* of plays like that. Knowing where the opponents are, and making elusive cuts. The other player who comes to mind I've seen do that stuff, at that level? Tyler Lockett, on punt and KO returns this preseason.

I have no idea what Fred Jackson has left in the tank at 34, but if it's anywhere close to the Jackson I saw on his highlight reel, it's an amazing signing that makes this offense way better. I think we have a new 3rd down back, and now one who won't trip over every ankle tackle. Turbo, farewell and best wishes.

Largent80 - love your sig: "The Seahawks Drafted Tyler Lockett and Frank Clark....Obvious Aliens". MIB rules.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Isn't Fred Jackson a dangerous return guy too? Huge double threat on kickoff returns to have Lockett and Jackson back there. A huge problem for an opposing team if they can't kick it out of the end zone.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawkfan68":4thqow8c said:
Isn't Fred Jackson a dangerous return guy too? Huge double threat on kickoff returns to have Lockett and Jackson back there. A huge problem for an opposing team if they can't kick it out of the end zone.

While I didn't notice PR/KR's in Jackson's highlights, his overall field vision is certainly that of someone who would be a terrific return guy. On some of his runs, his vision and cuts sure evoked memories of Tyler Lockett's TD returns this preseason. The possibility definitely makes FJ all the more interesting. Who knows, Lockett may be too valuable at WR to risk returning a ton of punts. Kevin Smith and FJ could be interesting alternatives as returners.

Latest posts