Fred Jackson is a Seahawk

chris98251

Reaction score
Jackson will not be a returner, he is here for depth, receiving ability and third downs while a possible blocking back if paired in the backfield with Lynch, we have plenty of return guys on this team.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's true until it isn't, they have to release someone to sign Jackson, why I think a deal is trying to be made somewhere for Michael.

NYCBillsFan

Reaction score
You guys are getting a solid RB in FredEx. Bruising blocker (literally)--->http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1550924-bills-fred-jackson-caused-j-j-watt-s-bruise

But beyond that, a true leader in the locker room. Skills have fallen modestly, but should be serviceable for a few more years. Also, those that are concerned about age, he never took the pounding that other NFL RB's have taken. Marshawn Lynch has more carries in a Seahawks uniform than Fred does in his career. He may be slowing down, but there is still gas in the tank for him. Congrats on a great pickup.

Oh, and he does have return skills, but at 34, I'd be surprised if it were anything but emergency duty.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I love Fred Jackson, he's smart and savy, he knows the game, great blocker, great receiver, and great runner. We were looking for a suitable backup for Lynch, and we will finally get him if he finish signing.

This backfield just got interesting. Can anyone say Spider 2 Y Banana

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
A-Dog":29u6y2pd said:
Can Jackson fill in at fullback?
He played in tandem with Marshawn so yes but it isn't his strong suit unless we're doing run look but passing or pass look but intend to run.

Basically he's here to catch passes and pass block because unlike Turbin he breaks tackles much like Marshawn and that's deadly if you're a good outlet receiver like him especially in off schedule scramble plays.

Though he can still run so given the choices at hand he's probably the best backup for Marshawn that is realistically available.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1iolvknb said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13585250/seattle-seahawks-fred-jackson-agree-one-year-deal
Yeah!! Let's get a fat one for Freddy's finger!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
We when from: Lynch, Turbin and Michael to Lynch, Jackson and Rawls. I don't know how I feel about this, I mean Jackson is a good player, but he is 34 and will have to learn the playbook on the fly.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":zr16m1wv said:
Bob loblaw":zr16m1wv said:
Firstly , that was straight funny and the point had a ton of value. JS invested a 2nd round pick in C-Mike an just acknowledged that they are giving up on him by signing an over the hill RB, who was injured a lot. If CM was good enough they could have waited on Turbin with Michael holding down the backup. The RB situation just got very interesting, marshawan is the rock but everyone else just fell off around him. It's now time for the Seahawks to look for the back of the future again. C-Mike is not it. That is a post of value.

You started posting like, night of the super bowl and I haven't seen a post from you that wasn't a knock on Seattle. Nice to be able to be critical, right? If it's your only reason for being here, do us a solid and stop.

Plenty of things to criticize but you're obviously here to antagonize.
I get you don't like his comment, and I don't like the fact he sees an age and doesn't consider the actual miles, but those are our opinions, and he has his (even if it's not very well thought out). That's what this board is about.

But your post is pretty much about the poster, not his post, isn't it?

We welcome opposing fans and opposing viewpoints. We understand they are wrong, because if they had any sense at all they'd be Seahawks fans. But we do allow them as long as they stick to the discussion at hand and don't go personal. I don't mind BLob* having an opinion if it stimulates discussion of our own people and he remains at least superficially polite.

(It's common to shorten a name to first letter + first syllable of last name, like JLo or TJax).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3oh60ar0 said:
A-Dog":3oh60ar0 said:
Can Jackson fill in at fullback?
He played in tandem with Marshawn so yes but it isn't his strong suit unless we're doing run look but passing or pass look but intend to run.

Basically he's here to catch passes and pass block because unlike Turbin he breaks tackles much like Marshawn and that's deadly if you're a good outlet receiver like him especially in off schedule scramble plays.

Though he can still run so given the choices at hand he's probably the best backup for Marshawn that is realistically available.

Perfect situation for him and us. Lynch, as always, will take the bulk of the carries with Jackson sprinkled in. But best of all for us is his pass blocking and the outlet you speak of I'm providing for Russ. I have a feeling we will need plenty of that during the first half of the season.

marko358

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2bjjlwyj said:
We when from: Lynch, Turbin and Michael to Lynch, Jackson and Rawls. I don't know how I feel about this, I mean Jackson is a good player, but he is 34 and will have to learn the playbook on the fly.

According to most on this board, Bevell's playbook is pretty simple.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Adding Fred Jackson might be the most underrated thing we did this year. Yes he is 34, but I believe he still have something left in the tank, especially since he will be contending for a ring, playing behind one of the best RB who trust him and acknowledge him as his big brother.

Before the threat was Wilson and Lynch in the running game, now you add in Fred Jackson and you got a triple threat behind that O-line, and we aren't talking about Graham or Lockett in the passing game yet.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
marko358":x4dftb6d said:
Blitzer88":x4dftb6d said:

According to most on this board, Bevell's playbook is pretty simple.
Simple works if you have Lynch, Lockett, Graham, Jackson and Wilson. It's just like our defense just line up and beat us if you can before we exploit all those wonderful mismatches.

God I love this team it's like being a fan of USC, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State or whatever in the old days. They were just better than you and kept it simple.

Joey13091

Reaction score
We will see Rawls get more carries than expected with Cmike gone. I see it as RB1 is Marshawn and RB2 is Jackson/Rawls.