Freeny is a hawk... just tweeted it

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have to admit I'd been a little bummed about not being able to see JJ Watt play live and in person this week when I come down for the game, but I'm thinking getting to see Freeney, if even just for a few plays, in a Hawks uniform, should make up for that a bit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1to7z7fp said:
Prediction, Freeney forces a fumble on Sunday.

He hasn't played all year, he might not even dress Sunday. Unless he's in PHENOMENAL shape right now, then Pete might sneak him in for a series or two.

But if I know Pete, he's pretty cautious. He might want Freeny to get in a couple full weeks of practice with contact before throwing him into games.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":2r9pg7i9 said:
kidhawk":2r9pg7i9 said:
Polk738":2r9pg7i9 said:
They have got to be pushing the cap to the absolute limit with this signing-maybe they could still find a trade partner for Jeremy Lane by next week?

Freeney signed a one year deal at $588,235.00 which is pro-rated to a $361,765.00 cap hit.

[urltargetblank]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/dwight-freeney-5013/[/urltargetblank]

This leaves us about $2.2 million under the cap with the roster as it sits today.

He must either love the game or he has blown his wad to subject his body to the punishment for that amount.
He absolutely loves the game..He has made so much money over the years that is not the motive now.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dgilwhj said:
SoulfishHawk":3dgilwhj said:

He hasn't played all year, he might not even dress Sunday. Unless he's in PHENOMENAL shape right now, then Pete might sneak him in for a series or two.

But if I know Pete, he's pretty cautious. He might want Freeny to get in a couple full weeks of practice with contact before throwing him into games.
In his interview Freeney mentioned the Falcons telling him they would sign him later in the year. So, he said he stayed in shape and ready. Now I understand football shape and workout shape are different but the only way to get him into that football shape is to play him (with how panzy the practice rules are now). I think he'll play close to what they'll play him weekly (20-25 snaps).

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ryuw1cs said:
HawkerD":2ryuw1cs said:
kidhawk":2ryuw1cs said:
Polk738":2ryuw1cs said:
They have got to be pushing the cap to the absolute limit with this signing-maybe they could still find a trade partner for Jeremy Lane by next week?

Freeney signed a one year deal at $588,235.00 which is pro-rated to a $361,765.00 cap hit.

[urltargetblank]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/dwight-freeney-5013/[/urltargetblank]

This leaves us about $2.2 million under the cap with the roster as it sits today.

He must either love the game or he has blown his wad to subject his body to the punishment for that amount.
He absolutely loves the game..He has made so much money over the years that is not the motive now.

He said in his presser that he'd do it for free at this point, he just loves the game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2w9lj02d said:
He said in his presser that he'd do it for free at this point, he just loves the game.

Well technically he said he'd do sunday's for free...the other days they gotta pay him a little bit :mrgreen:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":j8933ie5 said:
SoulfishHawk":j8933ie5 said:

I don't think he'll get anywhere close to a majority of snaps, but I expect to see him get a few snaps this week. I could be wrong but I'd be surprised.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
kidhawk":1zl687qi said:
JGfromtheNW":1zl687qi said:

Well technically he said he'd do sunday's for free...the other days they gotta pay him a little bit :mrgreen:

Bahaha I knew I was forgetting something. It was well said on his part.

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":3id4onlz said:
It is hard to get too excited about a 15 snap 37 yr old DE that is "going to save our SB season", but this guy is a class act and I think the real benefit is in his presence. (Just heard his presser). A few pressures and a sack or 2 would be icing on the cake.
I don't recall anybody saying Freeney was going to "save our season" SB or not. At his age, he's talented depth and situational power. Your last sentence is spot on, though.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":jlcu81xb said:
Seymour":jlcu81xb said:
It is hard to get too excited about a 15 snap 37 yr old DE that is "going to save our SB season", but this guy is a class act and I think the real benefit is in his presence. (Just heard his presser). A few pressures and a sack or 2 would be icing on the cake.
I don't recall anybody saying Freeney was going to "save our season" SB or not. At his age, he's talented depth and situational power. Your last sentence is spot on, though.

Agree 100%

djb28

Reaction score
Will they experiment him on the Offensive line? I swear this team avoids fixing the Offense on purpose.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
djb28":189oq9x1 said:
Will they experiment him on the Offensive line? I swear this team avoids fixing the Offense on purpose.
Maybe we can tell him to just rush the nearest D-lineman. :lol:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
A pro's pro. Round up all of our youngsters and let Dwight show them a thing or two about being a professional football player. This would be in addition to everything he can teach about actually playing the game.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":2fgvzlsd said:
HawkerD":2fgvzlsd said:
kidhawk":2fgvzlsd said:
Polk738":2fgvzlsd said:

I went back and they re-read the posted data. Our cap room is right, but what it looks like is he signed a $1million deal with us still owing him the $588k but a cap hit of $361k. I had originally forgot to factor in the fact that we get a vet signing discount on this contract towards the cap.

"Oddly" enough that is almost exactly my original guesstimate of $1M owing 600K. :mrgreen:

Seymour":2fgvzlsd said:
brimsalabim":2fgvzlsd said:
What does he cost?

I'd speculate around 600K or so to finish the season. ($1M minus games missed)

Josea16

Reaction score
djb28":166npo02 said:
Obviously. Most teams pay 50/50 offense/defense. So obviously what do we expect with a 65/35 split to the defense and rising? You get exactly what you pay for. Personally I expect Baltimore Ravens Superbowl win defense at the VERY least and for no lip or bullshit from anybody on defense.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":17uedka3 said:
I have to admit I'd been a little bummed about not being able to see JJ Watt play live and in person this week when I come down for the game, but I'm thinking getting to see Freeney, if even just for a few plays, in a Hawks uniform, should make up for that a bit.

Nope.

If Freeney makes the field it will be cool but watching JJ “live” were you can really see what he’s doing is amazing.
He is something to behold. Even a television broadcast doesn’t do his game justice.
From a pure “football fan” standpoint, it sucks that he won’t be there.

Good for us though.

Latest posts