It's the Ronda Rousey effect...
Focused...
Kicking ass...
Success...
Celebrity...
Failure!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Belichick has managed to keep his team relevant year after year by letting stars go and building new ones through the draft. Perhaps the Hawks should have done the same thing, as much as we love our stars, its human nature to lose the hunger once you get paid and have hit stat status and have proven yourself.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Wartooth":nd1wbzc1 said:
It's the Ronda Rousey effect...
Focused...
Kicking ass...
Success...
Celebrity...
Failure!
Focused...
Kicking ass...

FIFY

It's a classic cycle that is oft repeated in human endeavors.

Crizilla

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3qvjfdkg said:
Belichick has managed to keep his team relevant year after year by letting stars go and building new ones through the draft. Perhaps the Hawks should have done the same thing, as much as we love our stars, its human nature to lose the hunger once you get paid and have hit stat status and have proven yourself.

Seattle and NE have been the best at drafting but NE is better in FA and coaching. Also NE plays in a terrible conference in a terrible division.

Boycie

Reaction score
Aros":2ur7o1dt said:
Just incredible to witness the slow death of a championship team right before our eyes.

About the only people I can think of who doesn't share in some of the blame of this 4-5 start would be our kicker and punter. Otherwise, put on a blindfold and spin yourself around and start pointing your finger. Whomever player or coach it lands on should share in the blame.

Fat and happy. This is a team who has won a championship, gotten the rings and in many cases their payday. Become parents or living the high life on Celebrity Lane with a shiny new popstar girlfriend. Name your excuse, there's probably some merit to it.

The Legion of Boom is dead. Leave No Doubt? Yeah, leave no doubt that the Seahawks are beatable, even at home.

This is an ugly year that has a nasty stink smell to it. Fire Bevell, get Wilson laid, find some real Offensive Linemen, not these stand ins who used to play different positions, whatever needs to happen...

JUST FIX IT.

THIS^

What this team needs is to move a couple of pieces from the core and try to add some guys who want to make a name for themselves like Sherm did. As much as I do not like the guy, the "Honeybadger" is the type of guy that this team needs. Actually it would be ideal to have a few of them.

We need to re-tool, and maybe dropping a couple of high ticket players to fund the O-line, and to replace said players with hungry draft picks would be just what the doctor ordered. Trouble is who do the FO part ways with?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
the team is not dead but needs a shake up...if the guys with the big pay checks don't show up next year its time for them to go...we will get a false sense of hope after next weeks win but nothing has changed all year. The season was over on the last play of sb 49...where are the bandwagon accusations from the superfans today??

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":na0a8r0v said:
ZagHawk":na0a8r0v said:

Seattle and NE have been the best at drafting but NE is better in FA and coaching. Also NE plays in a terrible conference in a terrible division.

Last time I checked NE has four SB rings under the Brady-Belichick era. They obviously are doing something right (outside of the cheating debacles).

Boycie

Reaction score
Cyrus12 said:
the team is not dead but needs a shake up...if the guys with the big pay checks don't show up next year its time for them to go...we will get a false sense of hope after next weeks win but nothing has changed all year. The season was over on the last play of sb 49...where are the bandwagon accusations from the superfans today??[/quote]

Being a Canucks fan since 1982, I have gotten used to losing lol. The Hawks are the first team to give me a true championship team to cheer for, and for that I am grateful. As much as it sucks seeing such a rapid decline, I will never turn on the Hawks.

They definitely need freshen things up whether it be on the coaching staff, or some players, or a combination of both. I think that the team has gotten too comfortable and the "always compete" attitude just doesn't seem to be there like it used to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3mtn15vk said:
Crizilla":3mtn15vk said:
I hate to say it but I think this might be the best worst team the NFL has ever seen. I know there's still 7 games left, but i can't remember a team with as much talent as this at 4-5. Maybe the 2011 Giants who finished 9-7....(then won the owl)

To clarify:

this 4-5 team is the worst team in the NFL? Ever? like in history. even worse than that 0-16 Lions team. Or those awful Tampa teams? Our own Rick Mirer led 1-15 team?

And its similar to another team that won the Super Bowl

logic.

Factoring in pre-season expectations league wide? It just might be.

When has a team that was odds on favorites in most of the Vegas books, media nationally and locally to get back to another SB stunk this bad? Especially when you factor in no major injuries, which is when most good teams go in the tank.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am not opposed to a shake up even with some of our top players. It will hurt but perhaps it's not a bad idea to let some of them go and replace them with players born of the same mold (hungry with a chip on their shoulders with something to prove).

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1kjjygw7 said:
Cyrus12":1kjjygw7 said:
the team is not dead but needs a shake up...if the guys with the big pay checks don't show up next year its time for them to go...we will get a false sense of hope after next weeks win but nothing has changed all year. The season was over on the last play of sb 49...where are the bandwagon accusations from the superfans today??[/quote]

Being a Canucks fan since 1982, I have gotten used to losing lol. The Hawks are the first team to give me a true championship team to cheer for, and for that I am grateful. As much as it sucks seeing such a rapid decline, I will never turn on the Hawks.

They definitely need freshen things up whether it be on the coaching staff, or some players, or a combination of both. I think that the team has gotten too comfortable and the "always compete" attitude just doesn't seem to be there like it used to be.

yes I was a die hard Nuks fan since around then as well until I stopped watching hockey a couple years ago....no hitting..no fighting,,and too many bs penalties finally turned me off the game....That is a classic example of how you never want your team to end up like...2011 and 1994 were very tough...At least we have sb 48...49 crushed us...but this team still has a window to win another one if they get rid of the right pices and bring in some new blood.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2tmryizh said:
I am not opposed to a shake up even with some of our top players. It will hurt but perhaps it's not a bad idea to let some of them go and replace them with players born of the same mold (hungry with a chip on their shoulders with something to prove).

There might also be something to all those reports and media speculation that PC has lost the locker room. At least if you got rid of Bevell (and I've never been on the fire Bevell bandwagon), it would just allow the team to re-start and re-build trust which was needed after the way the SB ended. Sticking with Bevell and the call (even if it was the right thing to do statistically) does nothing to keep the locker room together.

It would hurt to see the team rebuild when there is so much talent on the team, but year after year it's the same thing. It's a team with 2-3 stars and a bunch of nobodies become stars that are the ones surprising everyone, and the teams with all the stars that suddenly lack depth, hunger, and etc and fail to reach expectations.

12thbrah

Reaction score
With more than half the season done I don't have any faith what we've seen on the field so far will be any different moving forward. Playoff hopes are on life support.

I'm still proud of what this team has accomplished in the last 2-3 years but it does feel like its been awhile since its last significant win. Love hating this team :thirishdrinkers:

Boycie

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1dt3khbt said:
Ace_Rimmer":1dt3khbt said:
Cyrus12":1dt3khbt said:

yes I was a die hard Nuks fan since around then as well until I stopped watching hockey a couple years ago....no hitting..no fighting,,and too many bs penalties finally turned me off the game....That is a classic example of how you never want your team to end up like...2011 and 1994 were very tough...At least we have sb 48...49 crushed us...but this team still has a window to win another one if they get rid of the right pices and bring in some new blood.

Exactly! That is why I am so thankful for the Hawks. They have given me everything the Nucks haven't. Going through 82, 94 , and 2011 gutted me. Having the Hawks win it all was just such a great feeling!

StoneCold

Reaction score
It's hard to tell what the affect of SB 49 is/was on the team. It's easy to look at the recent struggles and say, "That's it! We got our soul ripped out and now were done.". But I never hear the players refer to it that way. I only hear it from fans. I think the loss hurt the fan base more than the team. Brady and Belichick had some ups and downs, heart breaking losses, the Tyree catch ring any bells? And they came back the next year and went after it again.

I'll say it again, the Hawks are not done this year and Pete and company will be around for a few more years and we will see good competitive football. Can't ask for more than that.

11-5 is still alive.

(I'll have to come up with some other stupid rhyme when they lose number 6)

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Crizilla":12yrvbqh said:
I hate to say it but I think this might be the best worst team the NFL has ever seen. I know there's still 7 games left, but i can't remember a team with as much talent as this at 4-5. Maybe the 2011 Giants who finished 9-7....(then won the owl)
We are far from the worst IMHO we have been in every game . Just don't have the heart or horses up front to get it done

StoneCold

Reaction score
Just re-watched the 4th quarter and despite the outcome that was not a team that quit. They fought like hell every moment. They are not done.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lgbjbl7 said:
I mentioned this in another thread, but the team itself isnt that much different than the ones the last 3 years. We have always left a thin margin of error in our successes. While there were blowouts, there were also tipped INTs, 4th and 7s, onside kicks, etc. that got us through big games.

This year, we have been in position in all 5 losses and just havent made that one extra play, whether it be on offense or defense (or punting, we didn't need that touchback last night. we needed it inside the 10) that secures 4th quarter wins.

For me, this is personnel, but moreso the mentality of the players asked to make these plays. Maybe they've lost their edge, maybe they've lost their cohesiveness. I don't know. All i know is the team is just missing "something" that is preventing it from finishing these games. Not sure it can be recaptured in time for a late season run.

The problems might not be big, but the solution may be out of reach. I hope not. Maybe this is the wake up call..
I agree with this for the most part and it's fustrating to watch this talent play the way they have.Take the two to's on Palmer.I was thinking they got it going and then it switched off like some damn tease happened.We could be undefeated if these on/off modes would not happen at such key parts of the games.I hope it gets fixed and maybe it will take till the playoffs but please happen.It sucks to get beat pretty much by your own selves and yeah the blame goes all over no doubt.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Equal parts of getting paid, holding out and the rest of the league scheming ways to counter our defense and power run game. I'm not saying I expected it, but I'm not blown away by the outcome thus far.

The good news is we are still relatively young and can rebound pretty quickly with some offensive line help and some tweaking on both sides of the ball.

This season has been like none I've seen in the last 30 years. So close, yet so far.

hawks85

Reaction score
ZagHawk":tgknbtaa said:

the patriots are cheaters. spy gate is still dwelling in the back of my head. i hate the patriots with a passion.