Game Nickname

olyfan63

Reaction score
OrFan":3d2lhm72 said:
morgulon1":3d2lhm72 said:
NFC Championship

Winner.

Not everything needs a name.

Yeah, but which ONE??!! The Seahawks have 3 of those NFC Championship thingies now.

NFCC I: (Never knew of a name for that game)
NFCC II: "The Tip"
NFCC III: TBD... (but "Fail Dairy" game is growing on me)

One great thing about "Fail Dairy" is it forever provides a great bookend to "Fail Mary".
Imagine talking with an annoying Green Bay fan... "Yeah, you guys call that Monday Night thing "Fail Mary", but the Packers' collapse in that one was nothing compared to "Fail Dairy" in the NFC Championship game..."
Maybe THAT ought to be enough to stop the incessant "Fail Mary" whining for at least a moment or two.

Looky there, that "NFC Championship" thingy you fellas keep talking about slipped in there again!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
olyfan63":mndqsr0f said:
But, love this one the most:
FOR THE WIN:

RAIN CITY RESURRECTION

The Seahawks came back from being left for dead in this game.
And Russell Wilson and Jerome Kearse did their own Lazarus act in this one.
Jesus brought Lazarus back from the dead after 4 days... Wilson brought himself, and Kearse, back from the dead after 4 picks.

Absolutely. To me, that name perfectly summarizes this game. That's the name that I've adopted and started referring to this game by for exactly those reasons.

253hawk

Reaction score
I really don't like anything 'miracle' related. It just implies that it was a complete fluke and totally diminishes the team's effort. How is it a miracle when they knew all along they were going to win?

shawnsim

Reaction score
After a week people are just reffering to it as " The Game."
You know. " Did you see the game?"
Nobody asks " Which game?"
They just know.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and vote for Rain City Resurrection. The Comeback would be a solid alternative. The Stunner in Seattle is my 3rd choice.