Game Nickname

purpleneer

Reaction score
Nothing with "bowl" in the name.
Nothing that focuses or even includes the opponent.
Nothing that rips off another well-known name.

My only new suggestion is The Ryan-to-Gilliam Game, but I'm partial to The Holy Shit Game.

Might be used by some other fan base, but I can't think of a big one. And absolutely nothing that uses that cheesy movie that my sister recorded over the 92 Rose Bowl.

253hawk

Reaction score
Naming games and plays is stupid; don't call it anything.

themunn

Reaction score
The Turnaround

"turnaround"
noun
an abrupt or unexpected change, especially one that results in a more favourable situation.

an abrupt or unexpected change is exactly what it is, because I have spoken to so many people who said to me "I went to bed and the Packers were miles ahead with 5 minutes left... uh... what happened?"

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
I was watching the game prior to heading into Gillette Stadium, and I think the Patriots fanbases' collective name for that SEA-GB game could be: The "Oh great, not the God damn Seahawks Again" Game

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
I've got it!!!

REFUSE TO LOSE...

Or how about "The-fake-field-goal-for-a-touchdown-amazing-two-point-conversion-helmet-bounce-onside-kick-recovery-35-yard-overtime-touchdown-Holy-Shit-did-that-just-happen-miracle-immaculate-catch-ice-bowl-greatest-game-ever-played-my-ass" bowl?

Too much?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
How about Just

The Miracle

somehow anything more than two words, just loses it's grandeur. .

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I was gonna say "The Three Minute Miracle", but then my wife might think I'm talking about how my kids came to be, lol

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
KatarHol":iw255b40 said:
Rain City Redemption

I like this...but think that maybe a variation of it is even better:

RAIN CITY RESURRECTION

Seriously...most people watching this game thought the Seahawks were dead

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1nv9synr said:
How about Just

The Miracle

somehow anything more than two words, just loses it's grandeur. .

I like that one too.

"Rain City Miracle" or "The Miracle in Rain City" or just plain "The Miracle" are all great.

rideaducati

Reaction score
With the National narrative being that it was the Packers choking the game away and the Packers themselves saying they were the better team, the only name we can use to quell both is: Rope-A-Dope.

The Seahawks let the Packers and their fans BELIEVE that they were the better team, only to KNOCK THEM OUT in the end.

ROPE-A-DOPE.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":njig2p59 said:
really like discount double choke.
I think it's catchy, but it focuses too much on the Packers losing instead of the Hawks winning. Also, it won't make much sense years from now when no one remembers those commercials.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3nlwhr0i said:
Totally. To me, either "The Im-prob-a-bowl" ... or The "Im-Possi-Bowl" pretty much captures what we saw and felt yesterday.
If it were a college game then I could get behind one of those but the word "Bowl" in the NFL is reserved for the Superbowl... and this game happened in the NFCCG.

I've got one to throw out there... "The Last Four Minutes".

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2j8zlkoq said:
Hawkscanner":2j8zlkoq said:
Totally. To me, either "The Im-prob-a-bowl" ... or The "Im-Possi-Bowl" pretty much captures what we saw and felt yesterday.
If it were a college game then I could get behind one of those but the word "Bowl" in the NFL is reserved for the Superbowl... and this game happened in the NFCCG.

I've got one to throw out there... "The Last Four Minutes".

Yeah, I came to that same exact conclusion regarding the whole Bowl reference. On second thought, not such a good name for this one as it wasn't a "Bowl" game. Now if we had a Super Bowl come down to something like that, I'd say we might have something there.

The most common ones I've heard again and again are ...

The Three Minute Miracle
Rain City Redemption
Speechless in Seattle

I'd rather not go the whole "Miracle" route because of the Music City Miracle ... or the Miracle on Ice. "Miracle" has been done before.

I kind of like the "Rain City Resurrection" that Vancanhawksfan through out there. Nicely done.

What do you guys think about "The Rain City Resurrection"?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
timmat":4zybeuqx said:
Spiderdan":4zybeuqx said:
I would go really simple. Last year it was "the tip". This year I'd go with "the Comeback".

I was about to post this exact reply. Lots of creative ideas, but this should be known simply as "The Comeback", and all Hawks fans will know the reference.
Gotta say I like this and the reasoning behind it as well.

Latest posts