Geno to DK

Ruminator

Reaction score
I noticed something interesting last night, and am wondering if others also noticed: DK catching from Geno looks like it could be a more formidable threat than catching from Russ ever was. Just an observation of something that may or may not be real and replicable, but they seemed to connect a little better. Yes, Russ and DK had a bunch of sweet plays in the last couple years, but there were also plenty of times when DK had a tough time pulling in catches from Russ (including many times when Russ badly overthrew or underthrew DK), and DK sometimes didn't have much by game's end. Guess we'll see in the coming weeks if Geno-DK is indeed > Russ-DK. If it turns out to be real, we could either say DK has an easier time pulling in catches from Geno, or that DK is simply improving. Or both, though I would be more inclined to think it's Geno who gets credit.

Mizak

Reaction score
You think DK the type to complain about average yards? 7 catches, 36 yards. Those aren’t WR numbers.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't think we will see as many of those beautiful deep shot Tds. But I never bought into the predictions that DK will be frustrated without Russ. I recall him being upset a few times the last few years not getting the ball when he was open. Who knows, maybe Geno will actually look for him more.

rcaido

Reaction score
Well DK got paid, i dont think he will complain too much....if he keeps getting the same numbers then i can see him asking for the ball more.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I do believe a different QB can open up some things for DK. Throwing into tight coverage is one. Throwing quick, short passes, and letting DK fight for YAC, is another. Whether Geno is the QB to open that up is yet to be determined.

They seemed to have a good connection out there. Let's see how it looks when facing adversity.

Boohman14

Reaction score
It looks like Waldren is wanting to get DK involved in screens or plays where he can use his speed and size to make plays near the line of scrimmage. Denver got to DK before the plays got a chance to develop. I think going forward Waldren will be keeping DK busy. It was good to see geno spread the ball around. Tight ends and I believe everyone got a target.

BASF

Reaction score
The quick throws out to the WR are designed to lessen the cushion that the DB is giving to make it easier to beat them over the top. It is annoying, but it serves a purpose.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
KJ was just talking about how he thought Geno got way too conservative in the 2nd half. He's hoping he will let loose more in the 2nd half of games.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well, it did seem that Geno was more willing to throw something in traffic and let DK fight for it. Russ was never that willing to do that.
THIS. I said at the same time as Aikman (who, incidently put his Hawk hatred away for the night it seemed) - "You gotta trust your star receivers"

That's what Geno Did. That's what RW didn't. Will it last? Who knows? I hope so. I think DK is just happy that he's getting the damn ball. I saw him yell at/flip off RW at least 3 times late in the season last year. Lots of "I WAS OPEN".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You saw him flip off Russ? I don't remember that at all. But oh well. Russ is gone, and DK is a beast and a huge leader on the team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
KJ was just talking about how he thought Geno got way too conservative in the 2nd half. He's hoping he will let loose more in the 2nd half of games.
Yeah, you could tell that he was slowing himself down. Very much trying not to lose the game.

Hopefully, with another outing even close to his first half, he'll start building some confidence.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I noticed something interesting last night, and am wondering if others also noticed: DK catching from Geno looks like it could be a more formidable threat than catching from Russ ever was. Just an observation of something that may or may not be real and replicable, but they seemed to connect a little better. Yes, Russ and DK had a bunch of sweet plays in the last couple years, but there were also plenty of times when DK had a tough time pulling in catches from Russ (including many times when Russ badly overthrew or underthrew DK), and DK sometimes didn't have much by game's end. Guess we'll see in the coming weeks if Geno-DK is indeed > Russ-DK. If it turns out to be real, we could either say DK has an easier time pulling in catches from Geno, or that DK is simply improving. Or both, though I would be more inclined to think it's Geno who gets credit.
Didn't he have 7 catches for 30 yards? That's about 4 yards a catch on a bunch of manufactured throws. This anti-Russ stuff is getting goofy. DK is improving because he's a pro who works his ass off. Geno is limited in a few areas that DK shined in with Russ. Geno will have to do it differently. I hope your right and DK has a monster year but to say Russ was bad targeting DK or had an uncatchable
THIS. I said at the same time as Aikman (who, incidently put his Hawk hatred away for the night it seemed) - "You gotta trust your star receivers"

That's what Geno Did. That's what RW didn't. Will it last? Who knows? I hope so. I think DK is just happy that he's getting the damn ball. I saw him yell at/flip off RW at least 3 times late in the season last year. Lots of "I WAS OPEN".
To be fair though DK in the past wasn't very good at those contested catches and shockingly Lockett was much better. I think DK works his ass off and if he can continue to do better in this area he is unstoppable.

John63

Reaction score
Didn't he have 7 catches for 30 yards? That's about 4 yards a catch on a bunch of manufactured throws. This anti-Russ stuff is getting goofy. DK is improving because he's a pro who works his ass off. Geno is limited in a few areas that DK shined in with Russ. Geno will have to do it differently. I hope your right and DK has a monster year but to say Russ was bad targeting DK or had an uncatchable

To be fair though DK in the past wasn't very good at those contested catches and shockingly Lockett was much better. I think DK works his ass off and if he can continue to do better in this area he is unstoppable.
THIS^^^^

John63

Reaction score
Hmm so Dk is on a path for 112 receptions and 612 yards and 0 TDS and you really think that is better wow it's nice to have dreams. The lengths some will go to try to denigrate Wilson is amazing and pathetic.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The defense focused on DK, which opened things up for the TEs, and Geno took advantage.

Russ rarely targeted DK over the middle where DK can be very dangerous. This is irrefutable.