NoGain

Reaction score
Yikes! Our interior defense was nonexistent on that USC touchdown drive

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Good Lord! What a great play call by USC. What can you do?

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
HUGE...that we lead by a touchdown at the half and get the ball first in the second half. That USC Caleb Williams fumble finally gave the Huskies the momentum shift they needed.

Now...mistake free football is what we need the rest of the way. And run the rock down their throats.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Why aren't they running the ball when they haven't been stopped yet?

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I can't get over why they kept throwing the ball on the opening drive of the second half when we're getting like 6-7-8 or more yards on nearly every carry.

Bad coaching there on a normally very well coached team.

Chapow

Reaction score
I can't get over why they kept throwing the ball on the opening drive of the second half when we're getting like 6-7-8 or more yards on nearly every carry.

Bad coaching there on a normally very well coached team.

Because USC can't stop the passing game either. It wasn't a bad call at all. If that pass had been 6 inches higher it was a TD. Penix is shredding USC. It would be nuts to abandon the passing game.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, but two of the best offensive minds in college football are facing off with arguably the two best QB's in the country with multiple weapons.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Because USC can't stop the passing game either. It wasn't a bad call at all. If that pass had been 6 inches higher it was a TD. Penix is shredding USC. It would be nuts to abandon the passing game.
It wasn't necessary. Don't take chances when you don't need to. They could have just as easily ran it up the gut for a TD, like they just did.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
UW has 226 yards on the ground so far, and it's only the end of the 3rd quarter.

Chapow

Reaction score
It wasn't necessary. Don't take chances when you don't need to. They could have just as easily ran it up the gut for a TD, like they just did.

Meh. Every time you run a play you're taking chances.

You just said these are arguably the 2 best QB's in the country. You really think they should take the ball out of the hands of one of the best QB's in the country? I sure don't.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Meh. Every time you run a play you're taking chances.

You just said these are arguably the 2 best QB's in the country. You really think they should take the ball out of the hands of one of the best QB's in the country? I sure don't.
The pass was intercepted, and the drive that would have put us up 14 was stopped. Is there anything more that needs to be said about unnecessary risk? Even a FG would have put us up two scores there.

Chapow

Reaction score
The pass was intercepted, and the drive that would have put us up 14 was stopped. Is there anything more that needs to be said about unnecessary risk? Even a FG would have put us up two scores there.

Lol, ok. I still disagree that they should abandon the passing game with one of the best QB's in the country and some of the best WR's in the country. Oh well, no bid deal.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Lol, ok. I still disagree that they should abandon the passing game with one of the best QB's in the country and some of the best WR's in the country. Oh well, no bid deal.
We're good. LOL

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
When was the last time UW got 320 yards rushing in a game? I've got to do some research.

Chapow

Reaction score
What a game for Dillon Johnson. Holy sh1t that dude went off tonight.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
What a game for Dillon Johnson. Holy sh1t that dude went off tonight.
He was the player of the game. Not even close. 256 yards.

Our offensive line just dwarfed theirs. It was almost unfair.

Penix: 256 yards passing
Dillon: 256 yards rushing

Kind of poetic in a funny kind of way.