GO HUSKIES!

Chapow

Reaction score
He was the player of the game. Not even close. 256 yards.

Our offensive line just dwarfed theirs. It was almost unfair.

Penix: 256 yards passing
Dillon: 256 yards rushing

Kind of poetic in a funny kind of way.

This game was in prime time on the East Coast and there were tons of NFL scouts there. Dillon Johnson may very well have changed his future and his life with that performance tonight. 256 yards and 4 TD's in a HUGE nationally televised top 20 matchup on the road in LA.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
This game was in prime time on the East Coast and there were tons of NFL scouts there. Dillon Johnson may very well have changed his future and his life with that performance tonight. 256 yards and 4 TD's in a HUGE nationally televised top 20 matchup on the road in LA.
I bet all the scouts went away shaking their heads as they probably couldn't tell you what was real or what wasn't with that display of dismal defense.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Dillon's 256 yards tonight was the 5th most yards in a game for a Husky RB.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
This national bias thing always gets to me more than it should. There are five undefeated teams at the top of the polls now. But of course, UW is the fifth ranked amongst those five. Of course. Would you expect any different?

I've looked at the schedules of the other four teams, and, for the most part, we've definitely played a harder schedule. The Pac 12 is a stronger league this year than both the Big Ten and the SEC. No, it's not usually that way, but this year it is.

God I want UW to stick it to nation and win the Natty. Not just because I'm a UW fan, but I get so sick of the regional bias against us.

But like I said, this annoys me more than it should.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I fell asleep during the game, sure when I woke up that we would have lost. Great surprise to see we won!

There was no defense played in this game! Was watching the highlight reel. very little in the way of effective defense anyway...

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
2 things...

1. Penix should be the Heisman frontrunner

2. Kalen Deboer is a great coach. I became familiar with him during his time coaching Fresno State. Seeing what he did with FS, I was certain some P5 team was gonna snatch him. And I was certain he was gonna elevate whatever team that was. Seeing what he's done with Washington only validates those feelings.

Washington may not be my #1 college team but since I'm a Seahawks fan, I like to see them succeed.

DJrmb

Reaction score
All I heard from the talking heads all week was how Washington's offense was too one dementional and how they couldn't run the ball (which is why they said they had a lower opinion of Washington)... I doubt even this 300+ yard rushing performance shuts them up still, but in my opinion they've shown they can (and will) lean on the run when necessary... USC's defense isn't good but it was clear that Washington's offense game planned to take advantage of their weaknesses rather than simply fall back on relying on the pass. That was good to see.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I fell asleep during the game, sure when I woke up that we would have lost. Great surprise to see we won!

There was no defense played in this game! Was watching the highlight reel. very little in the way of effective defense anyway...
But part of the reason why we saw so little defense played in the game was because both offenses are incredibly productive. USC averages 48.5 points per game. It's not like any team has been able to hold them back from scoring this year. And UW averages about 510 yards per game, or about 3rd in the nation in that regard.

Is it any wonder that this was going to be anything but a high scoring game?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This national bias thing always gets to me more than it should. There are five undefeated teams at the top of the polls now. But of course, UW is the fifth ranked amongst those five. Of course. Would you expect any different?

I've looked at the schedules of the other four teams, and, for the most part, we've definitely played a harder schedule. The Pac 12 is a stronger league this year than both the Big Ten and the SEC. No, it's not usually that way, but this year it is.

God I want UW to stick it to nation and win the Natty. Not just because I'm a UW fan, but I get so sick of the regional bias against us.

But like I said, this annoys me more than it should.

Washington is the only undefeated team in the PAC 12, a conference that many are saying is the strongest this year. That alone should make them ranked higher.

They have quality win against a top 10 team (Oregon), and 2 road wins against teams that will likely finish in the top 25 (USC and Arizona).

All anyone wants to look at is the Arizona State game, though. As if Ohio State didn't struggle with Rutgers for 3 quarters, too.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
ESPN strength of schedule rankings has Washington at number 2 behind Ohio State. 16 wins a row, second to only Georgia.

Yet, nope, let's ranked them fifth BeCaUSe TeH AriZoNa StATe GaMe!

It's bias.

DJrmb

Reaction score
You'd think they'd get a bump beating yet another quality team ranked in the top 25... But nope, still ranked 5th. Biased BS if you ask me. I hope they get hot at the end of the year (and healthier) and make those east coast good ol' boys eat some humble pie...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
On some of the Huskies pages people are whining and moaning, about a 9-0 team that's ranked #5 in the nation.
Can you say Spoiled Babies?

I couldn't give two sh***s how it looks. Just keep winning. Double digit win on the road against a ranked team. I'll take that every day of the week.
I thought for sure we would at least move up to 4. But..........Washington just doesn't get the same love as other schools who haven't played NEAR the tough schedule the Dawgs have.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You'd think they'd get a bump beating yet another quality team ranked in the top 25... But nope, still ranked 5th. Biased BS if you ask me. I hope they get hot at the end of the year (and healthier) and make those east coast good ol' boys eat some humble pie...

9-0 and have played the second toughest schedule in the nation. They should be ranked #2, plain and simple.