Goal line camera angle

Cartire

Reaction score
I thought bellichicks rule was passed this year about extra cameras on the sidings and goal lines. Why does it feel like those are not available?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RiverDog":q87vszsg said:
technology exists that could use GPS

GPS would be accurate to one yard at best, and it wouldn't working a dome.

However, there is plenty of non-GPS technology that exists today that could be leveraged that is not cost prohibitive. It's really about dogma.

netskier

Reaction score
Riverdog, re Monica's kneepads sensors, they would enable the Secret Service to real-time track her secret services.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":1yckiw6u said:
I guess what I'm saying is we usually see the goal line camera angle....especially in big broadcast games such as primetime thanksgiving night. It has always seemed consistent enough I thought it was a required standard angle. So did the "Sunday night football" production crew screw up or were just not privy to the footage because of something more "sinister"?

For the record, I do not indulge in fixed games or shady refs rhetoric. .. no satisfactory conclusion. Just why didn't we have that angle?

Agree 100%

I stated it in the game thread and here. I wanted a challenge not because of seeing conclusive evidence during the game just based in a belief that a better angle was filmed and was available.

mikeak

Reaction score
Here is a thought.

NBC is setup for ONE. Game per week. They have Bronco's - Chiefs tonight.

Is it possible they simply were limited in the number of camera men and cameras available for our game?

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":u8u8phvr said:
Here is a thought.

Is it possible they simply were limited in the number of camera men and cameras available for our game?

No. They are a billion dollar business. They have the resources and ability to be fully functioning at both especially with a three day window.

Not a legit excuse even if that was the truth.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
The "fail Mary" catch is a good example of the NFL/ESPN/etc. showing 1 camera angle, over and over and never showing any other angles that would cloud the fact that the NFL wanted a controversy in order to justify getting rid of the replacement refs. The NFL is very intent on maintaining an element of control over games so they can maintain their agenda which has as it's bottom line - more $$$$ for the NFL anyway, anyhow. Conspiracy to control and balance the team scoring for more competitive/close games is evident-IMO.

mikeak

Reaction score
Cartire":1b94cgft said:
mikeak":1b94cgft said:
Here is a thought.

No. They are a billion dollar business. They have the resources and ability to be fully functioning at both especially with a three day window.

NFL is not responsible for the filming of games. The networks are. They only have so many pieces of equipment.

Having enough to provide a good product and meeting minimum requirements could still mean not enough for a great replay in that play

mikeak

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2ylhlz18 said:
The "fail Mary" catch is a good example of the NFL/ESPN/etc. showing 1 camera angle, over and over and never showing any other angles that would cloud the fact that the NFL wanted a controversy in order to justify getting rid of the replacement refs. The NFL is very intent on maintaining an element of control over games so they can maintain their agenda which has as it's bottom line - more $$$$ for the NFL anyway, anyhow. Conspiracy to control and balance the team scoring for more competitive/close games is evident-IMO.

ESPN did in fact show the other angle a couple of times but I get your point Still the other angle was "released" and not deleted...

Cartire

Reaction score
mikeak":17pzk3j4 said:
Cartire":17pzk3j4 said:
mikeak":17pzk3j4 said:
Here is a thought.

NFL is not responsible for the filming of games. The networks are. They only have so many pieces of equipment.

Having enough to provide a good product and meeting minimum requirements could still mean not enough for a great replay in that play

I work in this field. NBC is a billion dollar business. Nothing I just said was wrong or had to to with the NFL. They can take down and put up their equipment in about 6 hours. It ships the second its taken down in their own trucks. They also have a ton of backup equipment. Not to mention, most the control boards are in house.

This is not a matter of not enough equipment. This is not having cameras set up there. Thats all. It was a long run after the catch and their main sideline camera was not down there to have a lineup of the goal line.