Going to Green Bay!

ptisme

Reaction score
Threedee":86ia1u2b said:
Isn't Green Bay supposed to be about the hardest NFL venue for tickets? I imagine they are forced by the league to sell to visiting fans, but I'm told that for Cheeseheads, if you aren't a vaunted season-ticket holder or possess a stock receipt, that it's impossible to get into the action.
As a rule we don't sell to opposing teams.... At least since Favre and Rodgers have been here:)

ptisme

Reaction score
minormillikin":2adoat6u said:
Appleton is a good place to stay. Lots of decent bars and restaurants in walking distance of the Radisson where the Seahawks stay. Then a 30 something minute drive to the stadium, where you can park for free in surrounding neighborhoods.

Note: they may not still stay at the Appleton Radisson, it was 6 or 7 years ago when I went. Seahawks players were meeting fans and signing autographs in the lobby, it was pretty cool.
You'll have a 100 percent chance of meeting and bulsliting with Seattle players downtown Appleton on Saturday nite....

ptisme

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":xj1ur9z6 said:
ptisme":xj1ur9z6 said:
Tbone":xj1ur9z6 said:
Who has been to Lambeau Field? Anyone know how the end zone tickets are?

Thanks
No bad seats at Lambeau....

But there are bad benches...
Ehh, benches aren't that bad week two.... By late november you have to bring Styrofoam to sit and stand on cuz the metal zaps the heat out of your body......

ptisme

Reaction score
Another must is to get to Lambeau early the day before the game and get your tickets for an afternoon stadium tour... Don't miss that!!

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
I went in 2005. Was a good experience for sure. The fans there were really cool about us being there, thought it was great that we traveled all that way to see their stadium. Although they may feel a little differently now, a lot has happened between our teams since that season. I got the tickets from a season ticket holder on ebay who also hosted us at his tailgater before the game and sat right next to us during the game. Of course there was the occasional "Seahawks suck" or something heard, but for the most part they were pretty good hosts, just wanted to talk football and get some info about our team. We stayed at the Days Inn which was just a short walk to the stadium, rates were reasonable at that time, however the 2 nights leading up to the game were a lot more expensive. The Packers hall of fame is a must see for sure, we didn't do the stadium tour. Have fun!

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
I was supposed to go to Dallas but it happens around the time my 2nd child is due so I will be going to Lambeau instead this year.

OP
OP
T

Tbone

Reaction score
I booked our flight into Appleton for $475 round trip could have done cheaper but I didn't want to be flying for 10 plus hours. Now just need to figure out where I want to stay and find game tickets.

GO HAWKS

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
minormillikin":2q0nlxjf said:
Just like I always feel compelled to mention how much I like Green Bay / Appleton whenever the subject comes up, Roland needs to mention how they're all hillbillies and that Green Bay isn't a real city because it doesn't have tall buildings and traffic.

We can't help it. I'm a hillbilly in East Oly (stray chickens and constant Toby Keith music), and he's in King County surrounded by excellence.
Are we each not allowed to have our own opinion here? Did I miss a memo cancelling what I thought was my right to express my own? :lol:

gulliver

Reaction score
I just went there a month ago. Absolutely beautiful stadium--the atrium is nuts--but parking/"traffic" near the stadium was a nightmare, even in the offseason dealing with tours. Would recommend staying walking distance away, or bus/cabbing.

It's still a cow town (the area around it even more so), but if you think there's really NOTHING, then you haven't seen a game there in awhile. It's got its share of hip restaurants and coffee shops nowadays.

rideaducati

Reaction score
gulliver":1st142dl said:
I just went there a month ago. Absolutely beautiful stadium--the atrium is nuts--but parking/"traffic" near the stadium was a nightmare, even in the offseason dealing with tours. Would recommend staying walking distance away, or bus/cabbing.

It's still a cow town (the area around it even more so), but if you think there's really NOTHING, then you haven't seen a game there in awhile. It's got its share of hip restaurants and coffee shops nowadays.

Green Bay has always had cool restaurants and shops, it's just that they all close by 7:00pm.

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
I booked a Holiday Inn in Appleton for Friday through Sunday nights....Hope it's a better spot for things to do at night!!

ptisme

Reaction score
Tbone":gnvj9mzw said:
I booked our flight into Appleton for $475 round trip could have done cheaper but I didn't want to be flying for 10 plus hours. Now just need to figure out where I want to stay and find game tickets.

GO HAWKS
OK, Don't worry about finding game tickets yet... The season ticket holders don't have their tickets in hand so the market will be over priced... You can handle that easy enough in August.... End zone is fine. The only thing you don't want is to sit between the twenties in the first five rows because the players on the sideline block everything.... Also don't get an indoor box seat: You are at Lambeau and want to be out in the crowd.

I can't stress this enough: You need to book a hotel yesterday.. Lambeau is almost cut out of a damn woods.... There's no hotel room here like you have in Seattle: Which is the second reason why Green Bay could never host a super bowl:)

PM me if you want my email and I'll help you choose if you have any ?'s....

ptisme

Reaction score
gulliver":aj6xnwpk said:

I would stay in Appleton.... On game days there is plenty of parking in ppl's yards....

ptisme

Reaction score
NorthVanHawker":1xwuzkel said:
I booked a Holiday Inn in Appleton for Friday through Sunday nights....Hope it's a better spot for things to do at night!!
Um, it's not walking distance from down town but it's fine... Cab it to down town and hit some night life down there... Swing by the Paper Valley with your Hawks jersey on and you'll find players to talk to.... There is a real good restaurant with great beer near your hotel called: World of Beer.....

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im more than likely going to that game as well with a couple friends. I went to the playoff game in the snow there after the '07 season. Dont have many tips..I flew into Chicago and drove up, stayed in a reasonable but clean motel that I dont remember the name of.

Most of the fans are cool, and theres some cool football history to see around the stadium.

I suspect the fans wont be as cool this time around -- partly because of the history since that game and partly because of how Seattle is perceived now. Still, its a fan base secure in its fanhood and there is a distinct lack of idiots about.

ptisme

Reaction score
Vetamur":2udyiln3 said:
Im more than likely going to that game as well with a couple friends. I went to the playoff game in the snow there after the '07 season. Dont have many tips..I flew into Chicago and drove up, stayed in a reasonable but clean motel that I dont remember the name of.

Most of the fans are cool, and theres some cool football history to see around the stadium.

I suspect the fans wont be as cool this time around -- partly because of the history since that game and partly because of how Seattle is perceived now. Still, its a fan base secure in its fanhood and there is a distinct lack of idiots about.
I would advise you to stay in downtown Appleton this time. Preferably the Radisson Paper Valley on College Ave (that's where your team will stay)... Lots of fun bars and you should find a large contingent of Seahawks fans there.... Also, you will be treated well, we have the utmost respect for your team (hey, Wilson and John Schneider are our guys)...

Also there will be the occasional drunk loud mouth idiot that will give you crap (like everyone has).... Just be the bigger man and Packer fans will take care of him for you and buy you a cocktail:)

While you are here, try to eat at a supper club... That's a Wisconsin thing but it's something you must do along with the stadium tour and the Packer Hall of Fame... Good luck and PM me if you have any ?'s

A

Anonymous

Hey, a healthy welcome to .NET to all you new folks chiming in on this thread and to the OP, should we not have properly introduced ourselves yet.

Happy to have y'all with us. :th2thumbs:

I offer this:

Stub hub is the bomb.

On the accommodations? I have had zero trouble using Orbit. Several Hotels within excellent striking distance will have surprsisingly wide open rooms less than a week before. Been there, froze ass off...

Just my .03 (yes, I always include a tip.)

:thirishdrinkers:

:les:

OP
OP
T

Tbone

Reaction score
Best Western on W, College Ave booked for three nights now just need tickets not really in a hurry on those. I know we will find the ones we need as it gets closer.

GO HAWKS!

Vetamur

Reaction score
ptisme":2fc59rba said:
Vetamur":2fc59rba said:

I would advise you to stay in downtown Appleton this time. Preferably the Radisson Paper Valley on College Ave (that's where your team will stay)... Lots of fun bars and you should find a large contingent of Seahawks fans there.... Also, you will be treated well, we have the utmost respect for your team (hey, Wilson and John Schneider are our guys)...

Also there will be the occasional drunk loud mouth idiot that will give you crap (like everyone has).... Just be the bigger man and Packer fans will take care of him for you and buy you a cocktail:)

While you are here, try to eat at a supper club... That's a Wisconsin thing but it's something you must do along with the stadium tour and the Packer Hall of Fame... Good luck and PM me if you have any ?'s

Thanks for the advice! Appreciated!

ptisme

Reaction score
Vetamur":15vfnqn9 said:
ptisme":15vfnqn9 said:
Vetamur":15vfnqn9 said:

Thanks for the advice! Appreciated!
NP, Hope you enjoy yourself with the exception of the end of the game:)