Greg Olsen Signed to 1 Year Deal

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm jumping to the conclusion that since the Hawks don't have a visit set up with a guy who is available now, they aren't interested. I'm also jumping to the conclusion that is because they have their sights set on a guy who will be available soon, namely Austin Hooper. A guy can hope.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Not a fan of this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1224728650492317696[/tweet]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":23zdtj2m said:
How'd the last aging TE we got from the Panthers work out again?
If he can be had for a reasonable contract, & not demand ridiculous money like Jimmy Graham did, then, I'm okay with giving him a shot.

Kinger95

Reaction score
I love it. He’s gonna be signed for cheap likely whoever gets him as you can’t gamble too much on him but he’s a vet that could teach hollister and dissley something. Give dissley time to recover and see what we have in him as he’s barely played. Plus we don’t have to use draft capital on a TE

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1rhb7phf said:
Grahamhawker":1rhb7phf said:
If he can be had for a reasonable contract, & not demand ridiculous money like Jimmy Graham did, then, I'm okay with giving him a shot.
JG was a trade and his contract was already set before hand

ivotuk

Reaction score
O’Neil: Seahawks’ success could pay dividends with free-agent Greg Olsen

You remember him, right? The guy who caught the game-winning touchdown back in 2015 when the Panthers came to Seattle and pulled off a heck of a comeback. That was the second of three consecutive seasons in which Olsen amassed more than 1,000 yards receiving.

He’s 34 now, and while he suffered significant injuries first in 2017 and then in 2018, he caught 52 passes in 14 games last season and showed he’s still got good football left in him.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/813432/s ... reg-olsen/

hawks85

Reaction score
Not excited. Olsen is washed up and injury prone now. If it were 5 years ago then yeah it would be a great addition. Pass and concentrate on Clowney.

Jville

Reaction score
I've admired Olsen's play for some time. He isn't any older than our left tackle and he contributed 807 offensive snaps in 2019 .... more than any tight end on the Seahawks roster. He would be a helpful addition on an incentive laden contract.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This player is a street FA now and won't count against the comp pick calculations if he is signed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jville":z4h8dwtl said:
I've admired Olsen's play for some time. He isn't any older than our left tackle and he contributed 807 offensive snaps in 2019 .... more than any tight end on the Seahawks roster. He would be a helpful addition on an incentive laden contract.

Concur.

I've heard a lot of "He's injury prone"comments, but haven't seen anything to back up that statement.

2017 he broke his right foot, but came back late in the season, and had problems with the same foot in 2018. But 2019 was great for him.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/playe ... olsen/2385

olyfan63

Reaction score
Greg Olson could be the Lawyer Milloy of the TE position for Seattle.
An incentive-laden deal, and draft a promising rookie prospect (or two), and let Olson mentor him/them. (and whatever our twice-injured 3rd year TE Dissly is able to physically bring)

The Lawyer Milloy approach worked with Kam and Earl.
https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/lawyer ... eing-felt/
The Greg Olson experiment seems worth a shot.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We have two Greg Olsen threads going...
In the other one, I posted the idea that Greg Olsen could be the Lawyer Milloy of TEs for the Seahawks if Pete drafts a couple nice TE prospects, plus maybe Dissly healthy a full season. It turned out well with Milloy mentoring Kam and Earl for a year. https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/lawyer ... eing-felt/

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
IndyHawk":20u3zt9a said:
scutterhawk":20u3zt9a said:
Grahamhawker":20u3zt9a said:
JG was a trade and his contract was already set before hand

I was thinking of the Ed Dickson acquisition.