Has Russ become untradeable?

Rat

Reaction score
justafan":l6z6jyde said:
Rat":l6z6jyde said:
justafan":l6z6jyde said:
His last 9 years have been amazing.Thats as sustainable as it gets. As far as the last year and a half. He was pretty damn good in 20. We won 6 of the last 7. The rams made the plays to end the season..

I assume you have a problem with only winning one playoff game over the last five seasons then, unless this is a situation where he gets credit for the wins, but the losses are always on everyone else.

No I hate seeing them lose. Wilson was a huge part of the playoff loss to end the season, the pic 6 almost guaranteed a loss. To say he sucked last year is ignorance or a flat out lie. But the truth in social media is optional. He did make bad plays or have bad games just like every player in every sport.

It's not fun if you give rational responses...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":2lbsnst4 said:
justafan":2lbsnst4 said:
His last 9 years have been amazing.Thats as sustainable as it gets. As far as the last year and a half. He was pretty damn good in 20. We won 6 of the last 7. The rams made the plays to end the season..

I assume you have a problem with only winning one playoff game over the last five seasons then, unless this is a situation where he gets credit for the wins, but the losses are always on everyone else.

$crew that Rat, you want everyone here to dismiss the times that he put the team on his back, over the last 3 & a half of those last 5 years and won the games that got us into the play-offs in the first place? YES, getting into the Post season games is a PRIORITY, & winning, once you get there, SHOULD be on EVERYBODY, & NOT JUST on your Quarterback, so there is that.
Yes, he's had problems over the last year & a half, BUT, I don't believe for one second that it's ALL on him for some of those misfires.
Inconsistencies in the Run game because of injuries to key players like Carson, wasn't just a blip on the radar & I believe it has led to Wilson trying too hard & overcompensating for those repeated breaks in continuity.
Here's a wake up for some of y'all, it isn't ALWAYS on JUST ONE PLAYER...That's called SCAPEGOATING, and seldom ever shows the whole truth.
This isn't just a ONE FACET problem.

Rat

Reaction score
I didnt say it was all on Russ. I just dont like giving all the credit to someone for the positive things, but blaming everyone else for the negatives. He was an enormous part of our successes, while still playing a role in our failures. And if he's going to take up like 20% of our cap, hes a factor when we struggle to put quality around him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
justafan":3rmkuaji said:
Sgt. Largent":3rmkuaji said:
justafan":3rmkuaji said:
Grahamhawker":3rmkuaji said:
Love Russ and what he has done for this team. Have 2 questions regarding the amazing plays:

1. At the level they led to wins, was it ever long-term sustainable?

2. Where have they gone lately? And by lately I'm looking at the last year and a half or so.

This year a mangled hand hurt him. Its still not right imo. We have an oc that wants him to play like Goff. I think you listen to other peoples narrative and not what really happened.

What's really happened is for the last year over half of Russell's games he's had a QBR of under 95, and 5 of those games it's under 30. He's gone from a top 5 rated QB in most statistical categories to a bottom half of the league QB.

So no, it's not perception. It's reality. He's stunk. Blame whoever you want, but no one's more to blame for what we're seeing right now than Wilson himself.

Last year was a very good year by anyone standards. The first 4 and a half games he played very good, well enough to win. After the injury you are right he has sucked.

. It is perception.Its narrative that ignores the injury. Its either the broken,dislocated finger with a ruptured tendon is affecting his game or he became junk after the 5th game of the season.
My opinion is the mangled finger and an idiot oc are the problem.
He will always have holes in his game but he can still play at a high level when he is healthy.

But Russell was not good by anyone's standards after the first six games last year, his passer rating dropped dramatically and was ranked 14th in the 2nd half of last year. Culminating in getting outplayed by a 3rd string QB no one had ever heard of in the playoff loss to the Rams.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-russell-wi ... mbles-2020

Same goes for this year, but it only took until the 2nd half of the 2nd game for him to become mediocre, and since he's been almost 100% the last month he's lost to three backups.

Sorry man, I know you guys are in denial but the truth is Wilson hasn't been even above average for almost an entire season.

We can debate why, but those are the facts.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vl9yza7 said:
justafan":2vl9yza7 said:
Sgt. Largent":2vl9yza7 said:
justafan":2vl9yza7 said:
This year a mangled hand hurt him. Its still not right imo. We have an oc that wants him to play like Goff. I think you listen to other peoples narrative and not what really happened.

What's really happened is for the last year over half of Russell's games he's had a QBR of under 95, and 5 of those games it's under 30. He's gone from a top 5 rated QB in most statistical categories to a bottom half of the league QB.

So no, it's not perception. It's reality. He's stunk. Blame whoever you want, but no one's more to blame for what we're seeing right now than Wilson himself.

Last year was a very good year by anyone standards. The first 4 and a half games he played very good, well enough to win. After the injury you are right he has sucked.

. It is perception.Its narrative that ignores the injury. Its either the broken,dislocated finger with a ruptured tendon is affecting his game or he became junk after the 5th game of the season.
He will always have holes in his game but he can still play at a high level when he is healthy.

But Russell was not good by anyone's standards after the first six games last year, his passer rating dropped dramatically and was ranked 14th in the 2nd half of last year. Culminating in getting outplayed by a 3rd string QB no one had ever heard of in the playoff loss to the Rams.

Same goes for this year, but it only took until the 2nd half of the 2nd game for him to become mediocre, and since he's been almost 100% the last month he's lost to three backups.

Sorry man, I know you guys are in denial but the truth is Wilson hasn't been even above average for almost an entire season.

Actually, those are not the facts but I am glad you used that word

So let start with last year. he did have some bad games in the 2nd half He also had some really good games

So in the 8 2nd half-season games, he had 3 with a Passer rating under 85 and 5 over 90. So a mixed bag but not all bad either. If we go by QBR which I am not a fan of but other like he had 3 game sunder 45(berlwo 45 is bad) adn 5 above. So a mixed bag but not all bad as you eluded to

Now this year

Prio to his finger injury he was leading the league in Passer rating, tds. tds/int, and top 5 n yards, ypa. That would be the first 4.75 games as he got hurt ward the end of game 5.

Now you say it took him to the 2nd half the 2nd game to be mediocre and yet his passer rating for the first 4 games was

So that would not be true either.

Now since the injury, it has been again up and down.

As I said in another thread I made there is a lot going on here

loss of a best friend and mental coach
first significant injury
then another injury
new system and OC

I agree something is wrong but I think it is a lot more than simply Wilson sucks or wants out. I also don't think you just give up on him or any player given all the things going on.

Regardless what I or anyone thinks will be most interesting is the spin cycle that will exist next year depending on what is done and how we play. Either lot of I told you so's, or lost of excuses.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
I guess we won’t hear anymore Russ for MVP chant for a while.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":131ebq36 said:
Sgt. Largent":131ebq36 said:
justafan":131ebq36 said:
Sgt. Largent":131ebq36 said:

Actually, those are not the facts but I am glad you used that word

So let start with last year. he did have some bad games in the 2nd half He also had some really good games

So in the 8 2nd half-season games, he had 3 with a Passer rating under 85 and 5 over 90. So a mixed bag but not all bad either. If we go by QBR which I am not a fan of but other like he had 3 game sunder 45(berlwo 45 is bad) adn 5 above. So a mixed bag but not all bad as you eluded to

Now this year

Prio to his finger injury he was leading the league in Passer rating, tds. tds/int, and top 5 n yards, ypa. That would be the first 4.75 games as he got hurt ward the end of game 5.

Now you say it took him to the 2nd half the 2nd game to be mediocre and yet his passer rating for the first 4 games was

So that would not be true either.

Now since the injury, it has been again up and down.

As I said in another thread I made there is a lot going on here

loss of a best friend and mental coach
first significant injury
then another injury
new system and OC

I agree something is wrong but I think it is a lot more than simply Wilson sucks or wants out. I also don't think you just give up on him or any player given all the things going on.

Regardless what I or anyone thinks will be most interesting is the spin cycle that will exist next year depending on what is done and how we play. Either lot of I told you so's, or lost of excuses.

Wilson's career QBR is 101, so that's my Mason Dixon line for good or not good.

Since midway through last year he's had a higher number of games below that than above that. Period.

Average to below average with fewer and fewer clutch throws and what, zero 4th quarter comebacks?

But as I said, if you want to bring in another coaching staff to see it they can resurrect Russ?'I'm all for it.

But 3-4 more years or more of Russell and Pete and being the 3rd or 4th best team in our own division. No thanks.

Hawker55

Reaction score
The worst thing that could happen to this franchise is to see Wilson walk and Pete stay. Book it, print it, put it on the bulletin board for later, archive it, hell put it in one of your quotes...

Second worst thing is for both to stay.. maybe Pete could get ahold of Matt Flynn and see if he's still available? 8)

AgentDib

Reaction score
John63":3pvh8te9 said:
So in the 8 2nd half-season games, he had 3 with a Passer rating under 85 and 5 over 90. So a mixed bag but not all bad either.
I'm sure I'm not the first person to point this out to you, but a passer rating of 90 was a well below average NFL QB in 2020 (24th) and again so far this year (20th). For a QB that has the 1st highest cap hit that is an enormous problem.

If you think the bar of success for Russ should be a 90 QB rating then what you are actually arguing is that Russ isn't worth anywhere near the top contract he is being paid.

keasley45

Reaction score
His qb rating in a stinker of a game against Washington was 110.

That's all you need to know about trying to suss out how effective hes been using THAT metric.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
seabowl":3kpbjnje said:
Is it me or the worse Russ performs the more likely he stays in Seattle after this season?

My thinking is his value is dropping so much that it would be better to keep him (especially if a new coach was put in) and see if he can work his way back to some form of his former self. If they traded him (in my opinion) they would not get back much right now and would be trading one issue (him) for another (average qb with limited upside).

Just tell other teams it was on the OL he's the greatest of all time same with Wag he still went to the Pro Bowl he's going for another 100 tackle season again they both will get 2 1st rounders and hopefully a second rounder. Heck if we got a 1st out of Rick Mire and gave 2 1st for Adams Then that's the price.

toffee

Reaction score
What we do know at this point, the market for Russ last off season was underwhelming. Probably the post cook games had something to do with it. Russ' 21 season at this point is worse than '20, with the lack change to his game under a new OC that could worry some potential suitors.

Anyone has gut feel that Russ's trade market heat up this off season? I must confess that I don't, but hey, I was the one that advocated trading Russ last off-season when the market was hot. I thought it was red hot, which turned out to be lukewarm.

I suspect the team may have to keep Russ, there simply couldn't be too many suitors or good offers. Whoever that has been advising Russ needed firing, those advises will cost Russ tens of not hundred million.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":142aqu34 said:
What we do know at this point, the market for Russ last off season was underwhelming. Probably the post cook games had something to do with it. Russ' 21 season at this point is worse than '20, with the lack change to his game under a new OC that could worry some potential suitors.

Anyone has gut feel that Russ's trade market heat up this off season? I must confess that I don't, but hey, I was the one that advocated trading Russ last off-season when the market was hot. I thought it was red hot, which turned out to be lukewarm.

I suspect the team may have to keep Russ, there simply couldn't be too many suitors or good offers. Whoever that has been advising Russ needed firing, those advises will cost Russ tens of not hundred million.

Actually we don't know what the market was as the Hawks were not looking to trade him. When and if the Hawks make it clear they really are open to trading him we will know. Until then all we have is conjecture and nameless sources which equates to nothing.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":z0m6pbql said:
toffee":z0m6pbql said:

Actually we don't know what the market was as the Hawks were not looking to trade him. When and if the Hawks make it clear they really are open to trading him we will know. Until then all we have is conjecture and nameless sources which equates to nothing.

One could only hope that John has a different approach from you, one's ears should always be open, one listens to all offers. No one is not tradable, when the price is right.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
toffee":2c1ai99k said:

There's still a chance that a team like the Giants overpay. They're in the middle of a deep drought combined with a PR disaster. They may push hard for Russell just to distract the fans from their ineptitude. It would probably be a profitable move just for the initial PR frenzy and hype even if Russell flamed out in year 1!

John63

Reaction score
toffee":hja2ctdm said:
John63":hja2ctdm said:
toffee":hja2ctdm said:

One could only hope that John has a different approach from you, one's ears should always be open, one listens to all offers. No one is not tradable, when the price is right.

I never saidnhis eyes are not open but I am also sure alot of teams that might be interested never bothered because they did not think he was available

Hawker55

Reaction score
You'll see how untradeable he is this off season when the wilson trade rumors and mad dash to sign him dominates the sporting news...

Latest posts