Hawks continue abstaining from early FA

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jw9fxe2 said:
John63":2jw9fxe2 said:
So far we have not signed 1 difference making player not one. Not one lineman that is better than questionable at pass blocking, not one CB, not one Safety, not one offense weapon, not one better than avg defensive player. Which leaves us with cost cutters, rejects and the draft. None of which gives me any confidence that we will be better. Also given the olineman they have signed are known run blocker and questionable pass blocker we can expect more of the same old offense and another at best 1 and done, and that is assuming Wilson can survive another season of being the most hit, hurried, sacked and pressured QB in the league. If he goes down well we done. But it is what it is. Maybe they pull another rabbit out of their hat like they did with Clowney and Diggs. Maybe they will actually run an NFL caliber passing offense. Though, given those 2 things have been the exception not the rule I don't feel very confident.

I like how you kick yourself in the nuts.

Yes Pete and John don't overpay for overpriced free agents, that's a very good way to ruin your cap........as we found out by overpaying our own free agents and got ourselves into cap hell for 2-3 years.

They like to find value later on in the process via trade, or mid-season when we can get VERY good players for VERY good value.
You said it for me Sarge. :2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks are playing their cards smartly. I believe wise to be patient and get a deal with Clowney. While Clowney didn’t have gaudy stats, those around him like Quinton Jefferson and Rasheem Green had better production due to Clowney. Reed was a disappointment and I would have rather let him walk but the FO felt otherwise.

Quinton Jefferson is an average player at best, he wouldn’t have gotten the deal he got had it not been for Clowney. Bills will soon find that out. Quinton never had a year with more than 3.5 sacks. He’s very replaceable.

Cleveland Browns win FA each year. Yet they never win in anything else. In 2013, when the Seahawks got Avril and Bennett in FA, I don’t recall them being named to the top free agents. They were closer to mid-level guys. They turned out to be the right pieces.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ades-for-2013-nfl-free-agent-signings#slide10

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
I don't know exactly, but it seems to me that this is the most active we have been in the 1st week of FA since PC/JS came on board. I am excited! :)

TAB420

Reaction score
According to the talking heads, we are filling every hole (that's what she said) with talent while leaving enough money for the D-line and draft. I'm pumped...SEAHAWKS.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lacenterhawk":2ftolrtm said:
I don't know exactly, but it seems to me that this is the most active we have been in the 1st week of FA since PC/JS came on board. I am excited! :)

Yes apparently signing six new players via trade and free agency is "abstaining."