Hawks continue abstaining from early FA

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only free agent/trade I've been jealous of so far is the Calais Campbell trade.

Campbell for a 5th rounder seems like a steal for the Ravens, and had something we'd do written all over it. Even at 15M for a one year deal, Campbell can still play, and would look GREAT next to Reed, something we desperately need, another interior playmaker.

But I guess 15M is too much if we're trying to sign Clowney, after giving Reed his contract? Idk, but that's the only deal so far that I wish we would have made.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kawgin5 said:
Jurrell Casey from Tennessee to Denver for a 7th. That is a flat out steal. Clearly a cap savings move for TN.
He's a hell of a player.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... draft-pick
Would love to have had him but at 11 per wasn't gonna happen. Couldn't do that and re-sign Reed too. So would you rather have had Casey for one year or Reed for 2? Casey is 3 years older.

John63

Reaction score
So far we have not signed 1 difference making player not one. Not one lineman that is better than questionable at pass blocking, not one CB, not one Safety, not one offense weapon, not one better than avg defensive player. Which leaves us with cost cutters, rejects and the draft. None of which gives me any confidence that we will be better. Also given the olineman they have signed are known run blocker and questionable pass blocker we can expect more of the same old offense and another at best 1 and done, and that is assuming Wilson can survive another season of being the most hit, hurried, sacked and pressured QB in the league. If he goes down well we done. But it is what it is. Maybe they pull another rabbit out of their hat like they did with Clowney and Diggs. Maybe they will actually run an NFL caliber passing offense. Though, given those 2 things have been the exception not the rule I don't feel very confident.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":o3b8qg1m said:
So far we have not signed 1 difference making player not one. Not one lineman that is better than questionable at pass blocking, not one CB, not one Safety, not one offense weapon, not one better than avg defensive player. Which leaves us with cost cutters, rejects and the draft. None of which gives me any confidence that we will be better. Also given the olineman they have signed are known run blocker and questionable pass blocker we can expect more of the same old offense and another at best 1 and done, and that is assuming Wilson can survive another season of being the most hit, hurried, sacked and pressured QB in the league. If he goes down well we done. But it is what it is. Maybe they pull another rabbit out of their hat like they did with Clowney and Diggs. Maybe they will actually run an NFL caliber passing offense. Though, given those 2 things have been the exception not the rule I don't feel very confident.

I'm certain I've seen that same old sad sack post over and over again. :229031_shrug: It's like having a scratched record go round and round playing the same track over and over again.

You got any new records?

kf3339

Reaction score
So far I'm not overwhelmed, or underwhelmed with our signings the last three days.

So I guess that makes me just "Whelmed", whatever that is.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jville":2rg851fk said:
John63":2rg851fk said:

I'm certain I've seen that same old sad sack post over and over again. :229031_shrug: It's like having a scratched record go round and round playing the same track over and over again.

You got any new records?
:ditto: We don't have an NFL caliber passing offense? Hard to take you serious 63.

John63

Reaction score
Wenhawk":25nwclda said:
Jville":25nwclda said:
John63":25nwclda said:

You got any new records?
:ditto: We don't have an NFL caliber passing offense? Hard to take you serious 63.

You hear it all the time every game, our routes are rudimentary and rely on Wilson doing magic to work. Every game something like that is said. A real NFL passing game is un predictable we are extremely predictable.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":20or3cvd said:
Wenhawk":20or3cvd said:
Jville":20or3cvd said:
John63":20or3cvd said:

You got any new records?

You hear it all the time every game, our routes are rudimentary and rely on Wilson doing magic to work. Every game something like that is said. A real NFL passing game is un predictable we are extremely predictable.

No ....... No ......... No ........ I asked if you have any new records.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jville":1uepu21w said:
John63":1uepu21w said:
Wenhawk":1uepu21w said:
Jville":1uepu21w said:

You got any new records?

[youtube]K8E_zMLCRNg[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":1hpwur0h said:

I like how you kick yourself in the nuts.

Yes Pete and John don't overpay for overpriced free agents, that's a very good way to ruin your cap........as we found out by overpaying our own free agents and got ourselves into cap hell for 2-3 years.

They like to find value later on in the process via trade, or mid-season when we can get VERY good players for VERY good value.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
John complained vociferously about the Hawks not going for Hopkins. I posted the following and got no response....
hawksfansinceday1":ysgnu1z8 said:
I heard this morning on Dan Patrick that Hopkins likely would have been holding out for more money from Houston and had a crap attitude about not making enough money. O'Brien ain't no picnic either and I'm sure he had something to do with the situation for sure. But it's not coincidence that he was traded to a team with a QB on a rookie deal. According to DP, he wants 20 per.

Someone please answer: How were the Hawks going to pay that and try to improve the d-line and o-line which everyone sees as huge priorities?

I mean who wouldn't love to have Hopkins, but this team needs d-line help more than anything. They will spend on one or two more impactful players in that area before this is all said and done.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team doesn't have a good passing offense? Now I've heard it all :lol:
They were 9th in the league in scoring, 8th in yards on offense.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think bringing Irvin back might be our best move yet. Didn't break the bank and could prove to be just what Clowney needs to excel. But if Clowney does not come back we're in deep...muck.
I'm really anxious to get the draft going and done so we can see where we're at in the need dept.

There are a number of teams who have really improved their stock these first few dealing days. So far we've got ground to make up.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":nzmlm8t9 said:
John63":nzmlm8t9 said:
Wenhawk":nzmlm8t9 said:
Jville":nzmlm8t9 said:

You got any new records?

And I choose not to play your belittling game. So when you want to have a decent conversation let me know.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":235aepem said:
This team doesn't have a good passing offense? Now I've heard it all :lol:
They were 9th in the league in scoring, 8th in yards on offense.

I did nto say they do not have a good passing offense, I said it is not an NFL caliber and what I mean is based on design it relies way to much on Wilson making magic and not enough on design, OC has said it himself they count on this magic as part of their game plan. That is not an NFL caliber offense. It works because Wilson is that good,, now imagine if we actually had an NFL caliber offense that can get people open by design rather than magic. They say it in almost every game Every one goes long or to many people in the same spot, WR can't get open, the patterns are to simple and easily readable by the defense etc etc.

John63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":111726mz said:
I think bringing Irvin back might be our best move yet. Didn't break the bank and could prove to be just what Clowney needs to excel. But if Clowney does not come back we're in deep...muck.
I'm really anxious to get the draft going and done so we can see where we're at in the need dept.

There are a number of teams who have really improved their stock these first few dealing days. So far we've got ground to make up.

I agree been very underwhelming what we have done so far. It points to focusing on the draft, but we have not had a lto of great drafts lately.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Underwhelming to YOU. Luckily, John and Pete don't really care what we think about it.
I'd be surprised if you are ever happy with a move by the front office.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
John63":2w9sim6j said:
And I choose not to play your belittling game. So when you want to have a decent conversation let me know.

You've brought nothing decent yet.