Hawks Unis - Do some of you still hate them?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya'll know I can't let this thread go by without commenting. :lol:

There's a lot of subjectivity and opinion in football but nothing is more subjective than the matter of the uniforms. One man's masterpiece is another man's trash. There's no convincing others, it's simply one's taste.

My personal taste:

1) LOVE the modern uniforms. Hate the color rush uniforms. Never loved the Wolf Greys like most. Like someone said earlier they look like they were meant to be white until someone threw in black socks to a really hot wash. My main tweak requests for the modern uniforms would be to:

Add the Sleeve Hawk back.

It's atrocious and a crime it's been missing for this many years. Put the Nike logo in the top left breast/shoulder area and get that beautiful bird back where she belongs.

Switch back to silver helmets.

LOVE the modern helmet. It's slick and badass. But the blue helmet has had more than it's fair share in the Sun. Time to go back to our roots not just for the historical nod but because it instantly provides better contrast to our uniforms. I would keep the helmet design exactly the same. Maybe even a dull grey like the current navy blue is that dull finish. Looks menacing. Either the dull navy color for the faceguard or the same dull grey as the helmet.

2) HATED the Holmgren Era Gun Metal Blues. YUCK. Good riddance.

3) LOVE the retros circa 1980's/1990's. Still holding out to hope - however small - that we can one day wear them again as throwbacks. I know the NFL has that silly rule that you can't use alternate helmets for throwbacks (only put the old decal on the new ones) but I would still like to see some kind of nod to our retros.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
vin.couve12":125rtfe9 said:
Was reading comments about the Titans new unis and was cracking up, but some of the comments reminded me of when the Hawks swapped. Still bent about the Hawks unis or no?
I'm between on our current uni.

Don't hate them, don't love them.

They look "good" for a "modern" look.

Can't stand the Cards uniforms. Titans new ones are good. Don't like Detroits uniforms. The Browns are unimpressive. Bengals are awful.

I like the Seahawks classic units with Seahawks totem bird logo.

They need (IMO) to go back to the original colors and silver helmets.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
DomeHawk":21b1thq1 said:
Sports Hernia":21b1thq1 said:
toffee":21b1thq1 said:
Fade":21b1thq1 said:
Uhttps3A2F2Fiimgurcom2FHviBpYt

I want the classic look to return so bad.

Same here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t, Russ looks slow in that jersey set. Plus I’m not a fan of the old “stoner hawk” logo.
We won a Lombardi under the current set up, only made it to the AFC championship game with the old get up.

Dallas Cowboy's knockoffs
I'm now dead set against that look. I'd be ok with it if you change the silver out for white or something, but the silver can burn in cowboy nazi hell.

Fade

Reaction score
iu

Edy 052317 getty ftrjpg 1j67f6m0t30m719aj1e28lcdju

The classic Seahawks look is nothing like the Cowboys, and was awesome. Better than their current Uni's, which I would place 2nd. The smurf look was last of course.

iu

The Cowboys Helmet looks like the Seahawks? LMAO
iu

You all are crazy. Classic Seahawks Uni & Helmet 4 Life.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think our current helmet and all blue uniform is the best in the NFL.

And not because I’m a Hawk fan, it would hurt to say it if I wasn’t but I’d still be honest.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pmedic920":245a5gm5 said:
I think our current helmet and all blue uniform is the best in the NFL.

And not because I’m a Hawk fan, it would hurt to say it if I wasn’t but I’d still be honest.

AGREED.

D

DomeHawk

Fade":32u6fs09 said:
iu

Edy 052317 getty ftrjpg 1j67f6m0t30m719aj1e28lcdju

The classic Seahawks look is nothing like the Cowboys, and was awesome. Better than their current Uni's, which I would place 2nd. The smurf look was last of course.

iu

The Cowboys Helmet looks like the Seahawks? LMAO
iu

You all are crazy. Classic Seahawks Uni & Helmet 4 Life.

You may indeed be right about us all being crazy but I have been a Seahawks season ticket holder from Day 1. The colors of the original Seahawks uniform were DELIBERATELY designed to emulate the Cowboy's uniform as the owners believed they (Cowboys) were the most successful franchise in the NFL. This was reported in the local papers on numerous occasions.

crosfam

Reaction score
I am a uni fan and have followed changes on http://www.sportslogos.net/ for years.

The all blue look at home has grown on me, I do not think we should wear it outside of Seattle. it is very unique to us. other teams try and fail that look. Especially sharp on rainy gray days.

I would like to see more variety in our combinations. White top over grey more often, all white more often, blue top over grey (best), blue top over white on hot early preseason days maybe, grey top over blue, maybe some experimentation with blue tops over green pants, green tops over blue pants, etc.

We should still wear blue over blue for maybe 50% of the home games, and all home play-offs. IMHO.

I do miss the gunmetal blue of the Holmgren era, but without the shiny reebok fabric it will never look right if brought back. Maybe someday we go back to silver helmet and pants, but fabric and uni design would need to change away from the stretch poly fabric they use now.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the wolf grey to the point I would like to see that become our away strip, phasing out the white so we could have a throwback instead of an alternate. Silver helmet would be required to make the throwback work.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
vin.couve12":jdsiehw1 said:
kidhawk":jdsiehw1 said:
I like some of the combos better than others, but I still preferred the Reebok uniform. I will say this though, I will never ever get used to that god awful green alternate/color rush.
It's really loud, yes. I will say that the defense seem to play lights out in those things though.

They shoulf change the green to exactly the same color as grass/turf. It would be better for pass coverage anyway. lol j/k
So lights out that Sherman was gone forever lol. Those things look like arena league football/XFL uniforms.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I hate the pants side design. Too much going on for the eyes. Would have looked much better if it was just a stripe going down

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I love the current uniforms. My only knock is the same as the one I had when they were revealed: I miss the Hawk on the sleeve. If they incorporated that I think the uniforms would be perfect.

I like silver helmets too, but I think they might clash with the current uniforms. If they did an overhaul I would like to see silver helmets return.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I like the current uniforms better than the Hasselbeck era uniforms, but I still like the old school gray pants, blue shirt and traditional Hawk emblem on the helmet.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Still don't like the blue jersey with the dayglow-swoosh highlighting a Nike advertising billboard instead of a Hawk on the sleeve or the blue/blue uniform.

The Blue Pants and White jersey combo is the best looking away uniform we have ever had, and my favorite of the current generation. Glad they won the Owl XLVIII in it.

Color rush green should be eradicated as if it were polio and all evidence it ever existed should be erased.
There should be penalties to referring to color rush even in historical context.

original poster

Reaction score
goodbye colour rush.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sportsradiopd/status/983815926171578368[/tweet]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sportsradiopd/status/983815926171578368[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/983821166543421440[/tweet]

:2thumbs: