Head Coach 09 Revisited

Vetamur

Reaction score
Was its niche really that small? It would seem it would be pretty easy to make new versions of it..even if just available in the online store..

The PS3 version is quite buggy.. Sammy straightened me out on one bug but it used to be that I wouldnt suffer an injury an entire season. And I still dont seem to have some of the options Ive seen you mention in posts Trav...

OP
OP
TravTex

TravTex

Reaction score
There was an update at some point -- Fixed the injury bug, and allowed for some hurry-up options in the final two minutes, and some other tweaks that escape me.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
They came out with one big update that took care of almost all those major things that Trav already mentioned.

You should be able to adjust your defense if not during the season at least in the off-season.

The major tweak was that the game would run a play before the clock wound down (IE, a FG to win/tie the game rather than just lining up and letting the clock run out.)

I think the problem with this game is that they tried to sell/package it with Madden XX before you could buy the game by itself. So some people never gave it a chance even though it's 100x better in regards to the GM'ing of a team instead of the pathetic excuse that Madden has been trotting out every year.

I know the lead developer of HC was moved to the Madden team but I haven't seen any improvements to the franchise mode... but I've only bought 3 of the past 7 Maddens on the next-gen consoles.

When HC 06/7? (the one with the Chin on the cover) that was also released on the PC so I know that it's had a pretty faithful following and mod community support. It's really a shame they didn't do the same for as far as releasing it on PC.

I loved the GM'ing/franchise aspect but I couldn't stand the play-calling. I ended up simming all my games and still could go undefeated with the Seahawks three years in a row.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I mis -spoke (wrote?)) earlier..Im stuck with a crappy 4-2-5 base defense.. and can find no way to escape it. In the next offseason will try again..but cant even find a page where its an option.. I have sort of compensated for it by plugging in quality SSs and playing them in the box a lot.

I like the game play except in the 2 minute drill.. and I think an interesting feature they missed out on was "audibles".. it would be cool if one of the wild cards and variables was how much lee way you gave your QB to audible, and how effective they were at it.

I cant stand Madden...well..I havent played it in years... You would think it would be rather cheap to make new HCs..