Helfrich fired! Taggart hired!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":3g2wahxt said:
I'm guessing Herman won't happen for Oregon. Sounds like Texas fired Strong in large part because they want Herman. Maybe they are doing that blind and just assume they can get him, but I'm guessing they made that move knowing they could get him. It will be incredibly embarrassing g for them if they can't.

Sounds like Texas might be aiming for bigger fish then Herman (Dabo Sweeney, John Harbaugh and Chris Peterson are a few names i've read), which would make Herman fall into Oregon's lap. I would jump for joy if this happened.

cesame

Reaction score
Would obviously be great to bring Chip back, but the timing on that is so tricky with the NFL season not ending for another 5 weeks.

Chip is my #1, seems impossible to make happen though

Agreed with Fleck. He has the Pete Carroll factor to him. Everything is positive and there's no negativity. High energy motivational player's coach.

One of his players got injured and as he was being carted off the field he was doing the row the boat thing that is infamous there right now. You can't buy in anymore than that.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Some one already said it, it's Phil Knights team, when it comes to dollars and cents, he has the lions share of a voice on the future of the team,

Phil Knight doesn't take losing well at all. It wouldn't surprise me to see him fire almost everyone on the coaching staff and replace them all with the best that money can buy. He won't just can everyone without reason, but if they are part of the problem instead of part of the solution, the need to start packing and looking for new means of employment.

If student players are part of the problem, and I can't help but wonder because I've heard the rumbling from other players this year about some on the team don't give a damn about winning and just aren't doing their part to try and make a difference. Maybe its time to find some kids that really appreciate a quality education opportunity and and a chance to play with what can be one of the top teams in the country.

I don't know what the heck happened with the Ducks this year, I've been a fan for over 50 years and I don't recall ever seeing them play as bad as they have this year. I keep looking in the paper to see who they are losing to next week. I keep watching them and rooting for them, because that is who I am and what I do, the same has held true with the Seahawks for the past 40 years.

They will get it squared away at The U of O and we'll have our Duckers back making us proud again in no time. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Phil Knight will root out the cancer in the locker room and no one is safe, players and coaches alike.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
pacific101":17p626vg said:
Some one already said it, it's Phil Knights team, when it comes to dollars and cents, he has the lions share of a voice on the future of the team,

Phil Knight doesn't take losing well at all. It wouldn't surprise me to see him fire almost everyone on the coaching staff and replace them all with the best that money can buy. He won't just can everyone without reason, but if they are part of the problem instead of part of the solution, the need to start packing and looking for new means of employment.

If student players are part of the problem, and I can't help but wonder because I've heard the rumbling from other players this year about some on the team don't give a damn about winning and just aren't doing their part to try and make a difference. Maybe its time to find some kids that really appreciate a quality education opportunity and and a chance to play with what can be one of the top teams in the country.

I don't know what the heck happened with the Ducks this year, I've been a fan for over 50 years and I don't recall ever seeing them play as bad as they have this year. I keep looking in the paper to see who they are losing to next week. I keep watching them and rooting for them, because that is who I am and what I do, the same has held true with the Seahawks for the past 40 years.

They will get it squared away at The U of O and we'll have our Duckers back making us proud again in no time. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Phil Knight will root out the cancer in the locker room and no one is safe, players and coaches alike.

I have to admit if you are truly a fan of 50 years, there are many many seasons that were worse than this for the ducks. 6 times finishing 8th or worse in the PAC-10 era. It just may feel worse compared to their recent success.

Also, if a duck fan can honestly say that they are run by a corporate entity, it is a sad day for that school. This isn't to say that all schools don't have outside influences, but being able to outright fire people (as you claim) and pay salaries (as you also claim) would be utterly shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":hpyxazu7 said:
HawkGA":hpyxazu7 said:
I'm guessing Herman won't happen for Oregon. Sounds like Texas fired Strong in large part because they want Herman. Maybe they are doing that blind and just assume they can get him, but I'm guessing they made that move knowing they could get him. It will be incredibly embarrassing g for them if they can't.

Sounds like Texas might be aiming for bigger fish then Herman (Dabo Sweeney, John Harbaugh and Chris Peterson are a few names i've read), which would make Herman fall into Oregon's lap. I would jump for joy if this happened.

HA-HA!

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ghorns-hire-tom-herman-replace-charlie-strong

PdNUzI0

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":imvlu0yl said:
JSeahawks":imvlu0yl said:
HawkGA":imvlu0yl said:

HA-HA!

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ghorns-hire-tom-herman-replace-charlie-strong

PdNUzI0

Its ok, there's still 897,839,729 coaches available that i'd rather have then Helfrich.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":21116lia said:
Maulbert":21116lia said:
JSeahawks":21116lia said:
HawkGA":21116lia said:

HA-HA!

PdNUzI0

Its ok, there's still 897,839,729 coaches available that i'd rather have then Helfrich.
Maybe Oregon will hire Sark.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tons of names being floated about (including the chance that Helfrich could still return). Starting to hear a lot of whispers about Lane Kiffin. I'd actually be fairly psyched if its him, even though I laughed at him when he was at USC. He'd need to bring a strong defensive coordinator with him. My number 1 wish for a new coaching staff is that they're hungry, energetic, successful recruiters. I think thats something that Lane can do. A few other names people are whispering are Jim McElvine the head coach at Florida, Harson from Boise State and Dan Mullin from Ole Miss. Who knows. Hopefully we'll find out in the next few days.

I'd love a combination of Lane Kiffin at head coach and Charlie Strong as defensive coordinator.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1m16e91v said:
JSeahawks":1m16e91v said:
Tons of names being floated about (including the chance that Helfrich could still return). Starting to hear a lot of whispers about Lane Kiffin. I'd actually be fairly psyched if its him, even though I laughed at him when he was at USC. He'd need to bring a strong defensive coordinator with him. My number 1 wish for a new coaching staff is that they're hungry, energetic, successful recruiters. I think thats something that Lane can do. A few other names people are whispering are Jim McElvine the head coach at Florida, Harson from Boise State and Dan Mullin from Ole Miss. Who knows. Hopefully we'll find out in the next few days.

I'd love a combination of Lane Kiffin at head coach and Charlie Strong as defensive coordinator.

Just how desperate are you?

If UW was without a coach right now, and you floated Kiffin's name at me I'd despair. The guy is a kinda sleazy, more than that he's an NCAA death penalty waiting to happen. A guy like that could destroy Oregon Football for all time. This isn't the SEC where you can pay players, fix drug tests, and rape and murder coeds and get away with it.

Just win baby. I couldnt care less about being sleazy. Every college program in the country is sleazy. Its just the nature of the business.

cesame

Reaction score
Lane Kiffin the OC..... hell yes

Lane Kiffin the HC..... boy idk. Not exactly a dream scenario. You'd really have to be sold that he has changed.

Say he did become Oregon's HC and was very successful. He's a candidate to move to a better/bigger job, whether that's in college football or the NFL.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":1zpi0fkj said:
Say he did become Oregon's HC and was very successful. He's a candidate to move to a better/bigger job, whether that's in college football or the NFL.

Thats probably the case with everybody now though. Helfrich was the guy that was going to be at Oregon forever.

cesame

Reaction score
I know. Shame it didn't work.

My current guess on the coaching situation is it's someone that has a big game this weekend or their season isn't over yet (NFL). Guessing there's something in place but won't be announced until said coaches season is over.

Who the hell knows though. I don't think anyone has a clue right now other then Phil Knight.

cesame

Reaction score
Oregon isn't going to spend in excess of $20-25M for Lane Kiffin

Feel like it's going to be a big name.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1u9kvvd2 said:
Please hire Lane for the lulz

I'm both terrified and extremely excited that it might be him. At the very least it would be entertaining. Under helfrich we were just about coming irrelevant.

My wish list:

1. Chip Kelly
2. PJ Fleck
3. Lane Kiffin

I also dream about Jon Gruden or Tony Dungy, but those are so unrealistic its not really worth listing them.