Helfrich fired! Taggart hired!

CPHawk

Reaction score
Mike Nolan has zero college experience and even less recruiting experience. I'm not sure he works.

Osprey

Reaction score
chris98251":4szk0eyy said:
Chip will say no till he is gone and needs a job, should be pretty soon, may have to wait till after the 49ers lose out though.

Maybe Knight could pull a Kraft and 'trade' with York for the Chipster :stirthepot:

Lifetime access to the Nike store pro bono? His own line of shoes?? Straight up cash infusion???

cesame

Reaction score
Mark Helfrich with an interesting interview today.

Looks like he asked Chip in a conversation about a month ago if he would be interested in being the HC at Oregon again (Hlefrich knew he was going to get fired). Helf went on to say Chip is pretty much dedicated to the NFL and really wants to make it work, aka he's not leaving Santa Clara.

Looks like Fleck or bust for Oregon.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Fleck is what you'd get, if you could combine Carroll and Wilson. He's full of optimism and cheesy sayings, but he seems like a great dude.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cesame":1miu3x7c said:
Mark Helfrich with an interesting interview today.

Looks like he asked Chip in a conversation about a month ago if he would be interested in being the HC at Oregon again (Hlefrich knew he was going to get fired). Helf went on to say Chip is pretty much dedicated to the NFL and really wants to make it work, aka he's not leaving Santa Clara.

Looks like Fleck or bust for Oregon.
I'm sure if uncle Phil upped the ante the Chipster might be all ears.
It would be the first time he changed his mind on a gig.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
At this point i'm going to be crushed if its not Fleck. I want him even more then Chip.

[youtube]UbGXitwzO2k[/youtube]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":10dgpmiq said:
JSeahawks":10dgpmiq said:
At this point i'm going to be crushed if its not Fleck. I want him even more then Chip.

Hmmm, but how is a guy like that going to fit into Eugene. UO is a weird place.

Pretty sure dude could start a cult in Oregon.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":351ryn4w said:
JSeahawks":351ryn4w said:
The_Z_Man":351ryn4w said:
JSeahawks":351ryn4w said:

LOL! You know it.

I used to try to explain Eugene/Springfield to my wife, and she'd just look at me funny. So, one summer I took her down to spend a few weeks with my family. First day we were there, we took a walk up the river and came across some naked guy chanting to the 4 winds and swinging an incense decanter around himself.

And he was the normal one???

CPHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2xhx9irs said:
JSeahawks":2xhx9irs said:
The_Z_Man":2xhx9irs said:
JSeahawks":2xhx9irs said:

LOL! You know it.

I used to try to explain Eugene/Springfield to my wife, and she'd just look at me funny. So, one summer I took her down to spend a few weeks with my family. First day we were there, we took a walk up the river and came across some naked guy chanting to the 4 winds and swinging an incense decanter around himself.

In Seattle on Friday I walked past a dumpster, and almost puked when I saw a bum getting a BJ from a crackhead whore. Weird stuff everywhere.

cesame

Reaction score
Going to be real interesting come Sunday night if the Ducks haven't named a new coach yet. Realistically they should know by then who they want as HC. If time continues to pass.....

Could wake up Monday and Chip is the new coach.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
A lot of people thinking it might be Willie Taggart from South Florida. I'd like it, but wouldnt love it. Another young, up and comer.

I still want Fleck first. Then Chip.

cesame

Reaction score
I mean John Canzano (I know, I know) is tweeting out that his sources are saying Fleck isn't even interviewing with the Ducks today or tomorrow. If true, exactly what is holding it up? There's no waiting right now.

Assuming Canzano isn't just stirring it up, you really start to wonder if Chip is indeed the guy and the Ducks already know it, and that doing all of these other interviews is to not make it so obvious. I mean if we're sitting here a week from now with no coach then Chip is absolutely the guy imo. There's no more time for waiting unless Chip is a lock.

cesame

Reaction score
On another note

The guys on 1080theFAN (Suke and Ropp) were saying yesterday that their sources in the program were saying that perhaps Oregon was starting to sour on Fleck after doing some digging.

Said that Fleck is supposedly a "poon hound". Said he drives his corvette to work and takes up 3 parking spaces with it. Not so much maturity issues but he's still just a really young coach.

It was interesting to listen to to say the least.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":1tc3ivoa said:
I mean John Canzano (I know, I know) is tweeting out that his sources are saying Fleck isn't even interviewing with the Ducks today or tomorrow. If true, exactly what is holding it up? There's no waiting right now.

Assuming Canzano isn't just stirring it up, you really start to wonder if Chip is indeed the guy and the Ducks already know it, and that doing all of these other interviews is to not make it so obvious. I mean if we're sitting here a week from now with no coach then Chip is absolutely the guy imo. There's no more time for waiting unless Chip is a lock.

If it is Chip. And we have to wait. We NEED to get some assistants lined up. Right now we have nobody out on the recruiting trail. Really not good.

cesame

Reaction score
A quote from Canzano's article

Fleck's troubles, to me, sit squarely in the idea that the chief boosters involved in this Ducks search (Phil Knight and Pat Kilkenny) are grounded men, who are more interested in substance vs. style. Remember, Knight sold sneakers out of the back of his car and Kilkenny is from Eastern Oregon.

I mean I despise Canzano generally, but I feel like he hit the nail on the head right there. I honestly don't know if Fleck is a guy that appeals to them. Fleck has a great message but I can see how it looks like it's a little over the top. It doesn't feel like NIKE. It feels like going to church and that plays really well in the midwest. They eat that stuff up.

Chip was never that guy, despite the Ducks being perhaps the most exciting team in college football. He's a no nonsense coach that is all business. That is NIKE.

Who knows, though. I still don't believe there's anyone out there that knows exactly what the Ducks are thinking right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":t04oea8u said:
JSeahawks":t04oea8u said:
The_Z_Man":t04oea8u said:
JSeahawks":t04oea8u said:

LOL! You know it.

That was probably J. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1rrs7biq said:
cesame":1rrs7biq said:

If it is Chip. And we have to wait. We NEED to get some assistants lined up. Right now we have nobody out on the recruiting trail. Really not good.
You have to figure year one is a wasted year if Chip is the target as I don't see him bolting until the 9'ers dumpsterfire of a season is done. It's going to take a few years to build that program back up anyways no matter who gets hired. There is no instant fix in college football.

CPHawk

Reaction score
cesame":16jc9c9q said:
On another note

The guys on 1080theFAN (Suke and Ropp) were saying yesterday that their sources in the program were saying that perhaps Oregon was starting to sour on Fleck after doing some digging.

Said that Fleck is supposedly a "poon hound". Said he drives his corvette to work and takes up 3 parking spaces with it. Not so much maturity issues but he's still just a really young coach.

It was interesting to listen to to say the least.

It was proven he doesn't even own a corvette, and his ex wife left him because she hated being a HC wife with all the hours he has to work. And honestly not a lot of marriages survive a child passing away at a young age.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Local Boise tV said that Harsin was interviewed for the Oregon Job. Not sure if it is a ploy thing or real. Just thought I would put this out there.