Helfrich fired! Taggart hired!

cesame

Reaction score
I want to believe it will be Chip but it seems so improbable.

We shall see I guess.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I thought Helfrich was doing a fine job.... Too bad they fired him.

Been saying for awhile now the Chipster will be back in Eugene.

chris98251

Reaction score
Chip will say no till he is gone and needs a job, should be pretty soon, may have to wait till after the 49ers lose out though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sark is available, so is Paul Wulff just a couple of the options for the Ducks next head coach.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3lufpdzq said:
drrew":3lufpdzq said:
Notre Dame people apparently think Brian Kelly could be in play for Oregon...flightaware.com even shows a plane scheduled to leave South Bend for Eugene around 130pm today. Id imagine that's far from a normal route..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N83 ... /KSBN/KEUG

That was admitted to be faked.

Notre Dame may have been willing to purchase a new plane this morning in an effort to get someone to take that clown off their hands.

Who is the most realistic non-Chip Kelly option out there? They have to move fast or essentially write off this recruiting class.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":2e1r0no8 said:
JSeahawks":2e1r0no8 said:
drrew":2e1r0no8 said:
Notre Dame people apparently think Brian Kelly could be in play for Oregon...flightaware.com even shows a plane scheduled to leave South Bend for Eugene around 130pm today. Id imagine that's far from a normal route..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N83 ... /KSBN/KEUG

That was admitted to be faked.

Notre Dame may have been willing to purchase a new plane this morning in an effort to get someone to take that clown off their hands.

Who is the most realistic non-Chip Kelly option out there? They have to move fast or essentially write off this recruiting class.

Pj fleck
Lane kiffin
Jim mcelwine
Oc from Oklahoma

Those are the names floating around.

Although I'd be willing to lose the entire class to wait on chip.

drrew

Reaction score
So what do you think about Willie Taggart?

Bruce Feldman mentioned him tonight.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":1czhmj1k said:

I dont think Bruce Feldman has a clue. He may be the minority candidate that we have to interview by law. My guess is that no traditional journalists have a clue who its going to be because the search has nothing to do with rod mullens and the athletic department. Phil Knight and Pat Kilkenny are the guys who are going to put the deal together. In fact, I think its already done and we already have a new coach. Just cant announce it yet because the coach is either coaching in the NFL or in a championship game this weekend.

Other then that, i know nothing about the dude but i'm willing to give anybody a chance.

Insiders who claim to know things say its going to be Chip Kelly, PJ Fleck or Lane Kiffin. I'd be surprised if its not one of those three.

cesame

Reaction score
1 day in and I'm sick of the search

There's been a ton of names mentioned and yet I'm not convinced anyone has any real idea.

Tomorrow will bring another 3-5 names and they will all just be guesses

Jayburd14

Reaction score
drrew":663jwaoh said:

I think Willie Taggart will interview because of the "Rooney Rule" law in Oregon

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hearing that chip is out. There was strong interest but basically he's stubborn and wants to stick with the nfl. Oregon wants it done by Sunday. I think it's going to be fleck and would be pretty happy and excited about that hire.

cesame

Reaction score
It's either Fleck or Chip

Every other name doesn't fit the main criteria Rob Mullens pointed out, which was the culture was the edge at Oregon and they want to get it back.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":3jbkq5dx said:
I'm hearing it's Fleck.

I heard its Fleck with maybe the offensive coordinator from Notre Dame coming with him, whos another young star in the coaching profession.

Really curious to see who the DC might be. I think, obviously, that will be his most important job to fill. I'd love Charlie Strong Peter Sirmon or Jimmy Lake.

cesame

Reaction score
Mike Nolan for DC is an interesting name

Obviously has ties to Oregon

But Fleck was a WR with the 49ers when Nolan was there. He cut Fleck but immediately offered him a job on the coaching staff because he was so impressed with him. Fleck accepted but a couple days later decided to go to Ohio State as a GA instead.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":3td3wpou said:
Mike Nolan for DC is an interesting name

Obviously has ties to Oregon

But Fleck was a WR with the 49ers when Nolan was there. He cut Fleck but immediately offered him a job on the coaching staff because he was so impressed with him. Fleck accepted but a couple days later decided to go to Ohio State as a GA instead.

He definitely would command respect as soon as he walks into a room, whether its in the coaching room or a living room for recruiting. My concern is that he has no experience playing against modern day college offenses.