Hi From Titans Fans

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on Mariota to produce serious fantasy dividends for me. Anyway, I do think the Titans offense has been developing well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well your good run defense and bad pass defense will be enough to win you the game.

Pete and Bevell (the OC) will stubbornly run into the teeth of that defense and refuse to attack it's weaknesses.

When we do have to pass, it will be play action, which will be totally unbelievable that point. It will also be longer developing pass routes so we'll bring your average pass rush into play against our biggest weakness, the OL.

The score will be very very close for 3 quarters when the defense will finally get tired due to playing 30 minutes in 3 quarters, allowing you guys to finally run.

Final score will be somewhere around Titans 16 to 19 and the Seahawks 6 to 9.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
You guys are all reasonable, I am not used to this.

Last week I went to a Jaguars forum as we had a game with them coming up.

Jags fans all acting like they were a top three team, not exaggeration.

They were all pumped after abusing a horrible Houston offensive line. They got 10 sacks in that game and started calling themselves "Sacksonville" :roll:

iigakusei

Reaction score
If the Titans can score 17 points they will win - as I have Zero confidence we can score more than 16.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Titans can definitely win. If their run defense is good that tells me that they have a somewhat solid D-line, which is all you need against the Hawks

That said, it depends on our gameplan. I predict Pete will use Rawls more to be wear down your strength, which is run defense. Rawls is more of a break tackles back. Carson on the other hand is our more versatile back, almost like a Brian Westbrook (for those old enough to remember).

If Wilson uses his legs, I think we win. Wilson is the only thing keeping our offense alive, and when he started running it opened things up for Carson. Our offense will sputter for the most part and have a few flashes of brilliance, enough to win. But we can also get our ass kicked by you guys, and we notoriously suck on grass fields as it takes away our usual speed

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tical21":29phedb9 said:
We're a little salty right now. The Titans haven't earned the right to play with the Seahawks yet. Will be a learning experience. They'll play better against a team of our caliber next time. 27-6 Hawks.

You know this is in Tennessee right?

2-9, that's our record on the road the last 11 games. No way in hell we're going into Tennessee and winning 27-6, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 27-6.

This feels like last year's Tampa game to me, a young hungry Titan team looking to prove they belong against the Hawks. So expect a dogfight.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seahawks dont get blown away, i think only two times since Wilson has been with the Hawks they lost by more then 10. That's with no Earl Thomas, this year our defense looks really good & healthy. With Wilson we will always have a chance to win it at the end.

I think we win convincingly.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Oh man, Jurell Casey is like a better version of Mike Daniels and Orakpo is better than Perry or Matthews at this point... Our offense will almost certainly struggle to get a TD this game.

Theoretically, our run defense is elite and has a good shot of stopping the titans Offense, but we just saw the freaking Niners run for 8+ ypc against the Hawks at Clink. Mariota is an excellent passer and knows when to run as well. The outlook for this game is not good at all for the Seahawks.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I always make predictions based on what I would actually bet my house on. so my heart says seahawks win but I wouldn't bet my house on them winning. im picking the titans 17-10 with them being up 17-3 for a good majority of the game and seattle scoring a late TD.

hawks cant travel and cant play on grass. also cant play in September. combine them all along with the offense in an all time lull and the titans certainly should be favored to win.

I think the titans win a weak division this year and are definitely showing improvement and on the upswing. I don't give them much of a chance in the playoffs though as they would probably be the weakest team to make it.

so basically as long as the titans don't fumble or throw a pick six to lose the game for themselves I don't see how the hawks can win.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The Hammer":22cg57pt said:
Titans fan here,

This should be a good game this Sunday, though I expect it to be a low scoring one. A lot has changed in recent years for the Titans and we seem to be on the right track.

Some facts about the Titans:

-- Bad pass defense and good run defense. If you want to beat the Titans you need to do so through passing, which is not terribly difficult

-- that being said we have two new starers at CB -- a first round pick and a high priced free agent. And our young FS is quite good -- a third round pick from last year who was not even invited to the combine. So the pass defense is improving.

-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

-- The run offense is one of the best in the league with Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry. The offense is also a very conservative and power based.

-- The pass offense, like the pass defense, is a work in progress. We also made major upgrades at WR with Eric Decker and a first round pick, Cory Davis. Despite missing the preseason Davis looks very good so far. We also have an old but very good starting TE.

-- Mariota is the real deal. He is good, getting better and learns from his mistakes. Most of us are huge fans. There is though a small but vocal group of Mariota haters among our fans base. I think for many of them they were not able to handle with the Titans actually being somewhat good last year. We had been bad for so long they did not know how to deal with success.

-- Special teams were a disaster last year and the FO put a lot into improving them. Adoree Jackson, first round CB, looks amazing returning punts.

To close, you guys are probably still the better team however the Titans are not the cakewalk they were the last time these two teams met.

:irishdrinkers:

Respectful post from a rival, I appreciate it.

After preseason, I changed my predictions.

After further review, I penciled in a "L" for the Seahawks.

Best of luck, here's hoping for an injury free slug feast.

GoHawks.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
adeltaY":2d132o7z said:
Oh man, Jurell Casey is like a better version of Mike Daniels and Orakpo is better than Perry or Matthews at this point... Our offense will almost certainly struggle to get a TD this game.

Theoretically, our run defense is elite and has a good shot of stopping the titans Offense, but we just saw the freaking Niners run for 8+ ypc against the Hawks at Clink. Mariota is an excellent passer and knows when to run as well. The outlook for this game is not good at all for the Seahawks.
That was only due to one broken play(when Richardson was out) for 61 yards. Take that away from Hyde and his game was really 'meh'. Other than that play, the D played 'lights out' IMO.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jurrell Casey could very well have a career day as upper echelon DTs will eat this OL up.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Anyone else kind of expect this game to go somewhat like the Buccs game last year?

I'll tell you what, I'm certainly expecting a loss. A win would pleasantly surprise me here...

12thbrah

Reaction score
We won't be favored but I won't be shocked if we win.

London12

Reaction score
Yeah can't say I'm very confident.

In fact I'm quite confident they'll win by a score despite a good effort from our D. :cry:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Titans win by 10. Seattle might score a late TD but probably not. Hope i'm wrong.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":20csn49p said:
Well your good run defense and bad pass defense will be enough to win you the game.

Pete and Bevell (the OC) will stubbornly run into the teeth of that defense and refuse to attack it's weaknesses.

When we do have to pass, it will be play action, which will be totally unbelievable that point. It will also be longer developing pass routes so we'll bring your average pass rush into play against our biggest weakness, the OL.

The score will be very very close for 3 quarters when the defense will finally get tired due to playing 30 minutes in 3 quarters, allowing you guys to finally run.

Final score will be somewhere around Titans 16 to 19 and the Seahawks 6 to 9.

:ditto: Spot on assessment of what will happen. Very predictable to visualize. Plus our equipment manager will probably, yet again, bring the wrong pair of cleats for our guys on grass playing surface.

This game is giving me the feeling of the Buccaneers game last season. Young team, going to give it their all against our squad.

If Bevell comes out in the first drive trying to pound Carson repeatedly with the read option, this will end up being a very long, frustrating game to watch.

Btw good post by the OP. Titans fans in general are very classy, good fans. Enjoy the game. The Titans are going in the right direction, a lot to look forward to there.

Derrick Henry is a freaking beast of a back, I shouldn't have drafted Demarco Murray in the 2nd round of my fantasy league :cry:

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
I have to say I am happy this one is in Nashville as the Titans have been useless on the west coast for as long as I remember. Last west coast game we played was early last season against the Chargers and they embarrassed us.

The atmosphere should be good at Nissan Stadium. With Nashville being a somewhat popular tourist destination there are usually a lot of visiting fans at Titans games. People who live within a days drive will come up for a few days and time it for when their team is playing the Titans. Especially with the really popular old stock teams like the Packers, Steelers, etc. I do not expect as many Seahawks fans given the geography.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I welcome you to this board. Great classy first post. Welcome!!
As to the game, I must say that I also expect a loss mostly due to our awful offense and the fact that we are playing on grass. We are horrid on the lawn.
FWIW, don't be surprised if there are a lot of Hawk fans at the game. We have been traveling very well as of late. :)