Hi From Titans Fans

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The Titans run game, combined with the heat/humidity will wear out our D earlier than usual. This one could get ugly. Titans win handily.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":24bl0513 said:
Pete will have more and more questions after Tennessee kicks our ass Sunday by 10+ points. .

He'll just say they missed a couple opportunities but he was happy overall with how everybody played and how they're going to stay the course.

Josea16

Reaction score
Tennessee has no pass rush. It's a total wash between our DL and their OL, see I live in AFC country so I see them all the time. They literally are the worst pass rushing DL in the league so I figure it will be even unless Wilson gets his head out of his ass. If he does and Tanner quits being Kearse we will win comfortably (10+ points).

I will go with the middle. As Tennessee fans admit don't screw around trying to run the ball 30 times just pass it 30-35 times and get up by 10 points and let the fun begin when Tennessee is forced out of running the ball.

Seahawks 20
Tennessee 17

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3jgi761r said:
Hawks46":3jgi761r said:
Well your good run defense and bad pass defense will be enough to win you the game.

Pete and Bevell (the OC) will stubbornly run into the teeth of that defense and refuse to attack it's weaknesses.

When we do have to pass, it will be play action, which will be totally unbelievable that point. It will also be longer developing pass routes so we'll bring your average pass rush into play against our biggest weakness, the OL.

The score will be very very close for 3 quarters when the defense will finally get tired due to playing 30 minutes in 3 quarters, allowing you guys to finally run.

Final score will be somewhere around Titans 16 to 19 and the Seahawks 6 to 9.

:ditto: Spot on assessment of what will happen. Very predictable to visualize. Plus our equipment manager will probably, yet again, bring the wrong pair of cleats for our guys on grass playing surface.

This game is giving me the feeling of the Buccaneers game last season. Young team, going to give it their all against our squad.

If Bevell comes out in the first drive trying to pound Carson repeatedly with the read option, this will end up being a very long, frustrating game to watch.

Btw good post by the OP. Titans fans in general are very classy, good fans. Enjoy the game. The Titans are going in the right direction, a lot to look forward to there.

Derrick Henry is a freaking beast of a back, I shouldn't have drafted Demarco Murray in the 2nd round of my fantasy league :cry:

Yea i forgot about how ill prepared we always are to play on grass.

Didn't check the weather report, but I'm guessing hot and humid. Shades of San Diego.

NINEster

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2vt083ba said:
adeltaY":2vt083ba said:
Oh man, Jurell Casey is like a better version of Mike Daniels and Orakpo is better than Perry or Matthews at this point... Our offense will almost certainly struggle to get a TD this game.

Theoretically, our run defense is elite and has a good shot of stopping the titans Offense, but we just saw the freaking Niners run for 8+ ypc against the Hawks at Clink. Mariota is an excellent passer and knows when to run as well. The outlook for this game is not good at all for the Seahawks.
That was only due to one broken play(when Richardson was out) for 61 yards. Take that away from Hyde and his game was really 'meh'. Other than that play, the D played 'lights out' IMO.

Classic broken play excuse. Nobody ever makes a good offensive play against the Seahawks, ever.....Kap would have been winless lifetime against the Hawks if it wasn't for Gore's *lucky* run. :roll:

Considering there was no passing game to speak of, I'd consider that a very good game by Hyde. Anytime you can rush more than your QB throws, it's always a good game. LOL.

Don't forget the 27 yard run right before halftime. Hyde was accountable for bringing 6-0 up to 6-6 all by himself.

As someone who has sat and watched 49er (and other RBs) struggle in Seattle, I think I can fairly say who ran well and who didn't.

Josea16

Reaction score
NINEster":3ql8orju said:
Seahwkgal":3ql8orju said:
adeltaY":3ql8orju said:
Oh man, Jurell Casey is like a better version of Mike Daniels and Orakpo is better than Perry or Matthews at this point... Our offense will almost certainly struggle to get a TD this game.

Theoretically, our run defense is elite and has a good shot of stopping the titans Offense, but we just saw the freaking Niners run for 8+ ypc against the Hawks at Clink. Mariota is an excellent passer and knows when to run as well. The outlook for this game is not good at all for the Seahawks.
That was only due to one broken play(when Richardson was out) for 61 yards. Take that away from Hyde and his game was really 'meh'. Other than that play, the D played 'lights out' IMO.

Classic broken play excuse. Nobody ever makes a good offensive play against the Seahawks, ever.....Kap would have been winless lifetime against the Hawks if it wasn't for Gore's *lucky* run. :roll:

Considering there was no passing game to speak of, I'd consider that a very good game by Hyde. Anytime you can rush more than your QB throws, it's always a good game. LOL.

Don't forget the 27 yard run right before halftime. Hyde was accountable for bringing 6-0 up to 6-6 all by himself.

As someone who has sat and watched 49er (and other RBs) struggle in Seattle, I think I can fairly say who ran well and who didn't.
You obviously forget Frank Gore. But he doesn't fit your narrative obviously. Step off already. I'm already bored and moving on to frustration with this bullshit narrative. Tennessee is a borderline playoff team (9-7/10-6 team) that will be fighting Houston neck and neck to win the AFCS end of story. We win a close game unless our receivers actually catch the ball.

Remember this team has no pass rush and a subpar secondary. You can pass on them all day long. Of course we will do the opposite hence the reason we almost lose.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3upyhxzp said:
adeltaY":3upyhxzp said:

Here here now, don't muddle his argument with facts.

ivotuk

Reaction score
NINEster":20jv7u4f said:
Seahwkgal":20jv7u4f said:
adeltaY":20jv7u4f said:

I think the argument here is that Seattle has had an excellent defense over the years, and just because Hyde got two good runs the other day, it's not evidence of the Defense failing.

Hyde earned those runs. But, except for those 2 runs, there wasn't a whole lot of success.

Tennessee will be a good test for the run defense. Especially with Tuba gone. But I think Jarran Reed and Sheldon Richardson will deal with it nicely.

The one advantage that a losing team has over the years, a lot of high draft picks. And they've chosen well.

I was in Love with Conklin but knew he would never make it to our draft pick.

hawks85

Reaction score
adeltaY":rylii4wp said:

i agree 100 percent. if we get blown out hopefully cable and bevell are gone mixing in our performance for the first 2 games.

original poster

Reaction score
Sacksonville cracked me up!

Great first post and welcome to .NET, Hammer. My favourite posts these days are from opposing fans and having a genuine and fair discussion.

I'm pretty excited about what the Titans have built over the last few years, impressive stuff. Great time to be a Titans fan!

I'm unsure how this game goes, my glass half full says we finally get things going on offense and if we do, we win. Pretty comfortably. Mariota can capitalise in the redzone and we can't so it may come down to that, I suspect our D will keep them out of the redzone for the majority, however.

Either way, I think it will be close with the team that has the ball last, winning.

Good luck and hope for no injuries on either side.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":10uenfpg said:
Jerhawk":10uenfpg said:
Hawks46":10uenfpg said:
Well your good run defense and bad pass defense will be enough to win you the game.

Pete and Bevell (the OC) will stubbornly run into the teeth of that defense and refuse to attack it's weaknesses.

When we do have to pass, it will be play action, which will be totally unbelievable that point. It will also be longer developing pass routes so we'll bring your average pass rush into play against our biggest weakness, the OL.

The score will be very very close for 3 quarters when the defense will finally get tired due to playing 30 minutes in 3 quarters, allowing you guys to finally run.

Final score will be somewhere around Titans 16 to 19 and the Seahawks 6 to 9.

:ditto: Spot on assessment of what will happen. Very predictable to visualize. Plus our equipment manager will probably, yet again, bring the wrong pair of cleats for our guys on grass playing surface.

This game is giving me the feeling of the Buccaneers game last season. Young team, going to give it their all against our squad.

If Bevell comes out in the first drive trying to pound Carson repeatedly with the read option, this will end up being a very long, frustrating game to watch.

Btw good post by the OP. Titans fans in general are very classy, good fans. Enjoy the game. The Titans are going in the right direction, a lot to look forward to there.

Derrick Henry is a freaking beast of a back, I shouldn't have drafted Demarco Murray in the 2nd round of my fantasy league :cry:

Yea i forgot about how ill prepared we always are to play on grass.

Didn't check the weather report, but I'm guessing hot and humid. Shades of San Diego.
Sunny and hot. High of 89°F.
Maybe they'll let us where the road whites.

I don't see us winning this game.
TN -19
Sea -15

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
pmedic920":xi3ok0wk said:
TruckedAtPike":xi3ok0wk said:
Cool. Any chance hwk is short form for homework?

If you can find the button, please check your PMs.
Thank you pmedic920. Trollish comment not necessary here. Smack Shack introduction? :)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
ivotuk":2vt52qj0 said:
Seahwkgal":2vt52qj0 said:
adeltaY":2vt52qj0 said:

Here here now, don't muddle his argument with facts.
Yep!
At least I got Ninester all butt hurt. :laugh:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":20kemfd7 said:
The Hammer":20kemfd7 said:
-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

Sigh.... so jealous.

They drafted Taylor Lewan 11th overall a few months after we beat the Broncos by 35 points in East Rutherford.

They drafted Conklin after finishing with the worst record in football in 2015.

I want an OL too, but kind of hard when you're always very successful in the season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
djb28":kr3gn1gy said:
The Hammer":kr3gn1gy said:
twisted_steel2":kr3gn1gy said:
The Hammer":kr3gn1gy said:
-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

Sigh.... so jealous.

It was a long time coming. We went several years in a row with probably the worst OL in the league.
Yeah but your coaches understand what a bad O line looks like. Ours... clueless.

I'm sure JS would be able to scout OL better if he had the #1 overall pick (traded down and later turned into Conklin) and #11 overall pick (Lewan)

The Titans have a nice young team and their fans are pleasant, but come the hell on.. they revamped their OL because of years of terrible play.

Perspective guys.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":oa2djei5 said:
djb28":oa2djei5 said:
The Hammer":oa2djei5 said:
twisted_steel2":oa2djei5 said:
Sigh.... so jealous.

It was a long time coming. We went several years in a row with probably the worst OL in the league.
Yeah but your coaches understand what a bad O line looks like. Ours... clueless.

I'm sure JS would be able to scout OL better if he had the #1 overall pick (traded down and later turned into Conklin) and #11 overall pick (Lewan)

The Titans have a nice young team and their fans are pleasant, but come the hell on.. they revamped their OL because of years of terrible play.

Perspective guys.
Yep. EXACTLY what I was thinking.
:2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
TruckedAtPike":inmq99wi said:
xgeoff":inmq99wi said:
Prepare to come away from this game thinking that your D-Line is the second coming of the Fearsome Foursome. Expect to think that your D-Line is unstoppable as they stuff runs 3 yds deep in the backfield and chase Russell Wilson all over the field.

Expect to see your DB's contest every ball thrown to a receiver not named Doug Baldwin. And, as many posters have said, expect the first team to 17 to win the game.

Truly, you have not witnessed an Offensive Line as bad as ours yet. Prepare to be amazed, shocked and, I dare say, appalled. And prepare to hear us bitch about it. We've had several years of watching piss poor O-Line play now, and have probably invested more draft capital in our line than you have, with nothing to show for it.
Is this smack talk on your own team?

Amazing isn't it. Perhaps seahawk dot net should resurrect a Steve Harper award. Solicit for nominees and then have an election.

Rat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":arorzdm5 said:
djb28":arorzdm5 said:
The Hammer":arorzdm5 said:
twisted_steel2":arorzdm5 said:
Sigh.... so jealous.

Perspective guys.

We could get a Conklin or a Lewan if we were willing to move up in the draft, but Carroll and Schneider would rather move down until we own the entire fifth round so we can draft 20 Mark Glowinskis.

Latest posts