Hi From Titans Fans

johnnyfever

Reaction score
My score prediction last week was we beat the niners 3 to 0. Ended up being 3 to 2 (what it felt like). I don't see us winning this game. I actually see us being able to move the ball like the first drive of the niners game early, but as we have no redzone gameplan for going on 3 years now, it will be field goals for us. Once the titans adjust to our simplejack OC's playcalls, we get shutdown and go to backyard ball (again, like normal). We end up with 3 field goals on offense and 1 defensive TD. Our defense holds the titans to 2 field goals and 2 touchdowns, one coming from a broken coverage by lane.

16-20 titans, but the titans control the game more than the score indicates.

Please sweet lord embarrass me with a good win for the hawks, I would love the taste of some crow.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
Hawks46":1f1f87t2 said:
Well your good run defense and bad pass defense will be enough to win you the game.

Pete and Bevell (the OC) will stubbornly run into the teeth of that defense and refuse to attack it's weaknesses.

When we do have to pass, it will be play action, which will be totally unbelievable that point. It will also be longer developing pass routes so we'll bring your average pass rush into play against our biggest weakness, the OL.

The score will be very very close for 3 quarters when the defense will finally get tired due to playing 30 minutes in 3 quarters, allowing you guys to finally run.

Final score will be somewhere around Titans 16 to 19 and the Seahawks 6 to 9.

Well, it should be obvious to any NFL coach that the way to beat the Titans is by throwing. And it has not been that hard to throw on us. Last year we made Brock Osweiler to CJ Fidorowicz look like Brady to Gronk.

OP
OP
The Hammer

The Hammer

Reaction score
johnnyfever":zl20p6jn said:
My score prediction last week was we beat the niners 3 to 0. Ended up being 3 to 2 (what it felt like). I don't see us winning this game. I actually see us being able to move the ball like the first drive of the niners game early, but as we have no redzone gameplan for going on 3 years now, it will be field goals for us. Once the titans adjust to our simplejack OC's playcalls, we get shutdown and go to backyard ball (again, like normal). We end up with 3 field goals on offense and 1 defensive TD. Our defense holds the titans to 2 field goals and 2 touchdowns, one coming from a broken coverage by lane.

16-20 titans, but the titans control the game more than the score indicates.

Please sweet lord embarrass me with a good win for the hawks, I would love the taste of some crow.

That is interesting. One thing that has really changed for us since Mariota came on has been redzone offense. I think he may even be the best rated redzone QB in the league.

We do not stretch the field but we can play in the redzone.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Hammer":2oseo4wj said:
Hawks46":2oseo4wj said:
Well your good run defense and bad pass defense will be enough to win you the game.

Pete and Bevell (the OC) will stubbornly run into the teeth of that defense and refuse to attack it's weaknesses.

When we do have to pass, it will be play action, which will be totally unbelievable that point. It will also be longer developing pass routes so we'll bring your average pass rush into play against our biggest weakness, the OL.

The score will be very very close for 3 quarters when the defense will finally get tired due to playing 30 minutes in 3 quarters, allowing you guys to finally run.

Final score will be somewhere around Titans 16 to 19 and the Seahawks 6 to 9.

Well, it should be obvious to any NFL coach that the way to beat the Titans is by throwing. And it has not been that hard to throw on us. Last year we made Brock Osweiler to CJ Fidorowicz look like Brady to Gronk.

The words "obvious" and "Bevell" are the equivalent of "oil" and "water." They don't mix. Unfortunately, we will try to establish a run game early, and predictably fail, barring some heroic effort by Chris Carson

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I'll be betting the under on this game. I personally see the Titan's winning, in a 16-10 type of game. Going to be a brutal watch as a Seahawks fan as the Titan's strength (D-line) is going against the Hawks weakness.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Hammer":51nhly8j said:
Titans fan here,

This should be a good game this Sunday, though I expect it to be a low scoring one. A lot has changed in recent years for the Titans and we seem to be on the right track.

Some facts about the Titans:

-- Bad pass defense and good run defense. If you want to beat the Titans you need to do so through passing, which is not terribly difficult

-- that being said we have two new starers at CB -- a first round pick and a high priced free agent. And our young FS is quite good -- a third round pick from last year who was not even invited to the combine. So the pass defense is improving.

-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

-- The run offense is one of the best in the league with Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry. The offense is also a very conservative and power based.

-- The pass offense, like the pass defense, is a work in progress. We also made major upgrades at WR with Eric Decker and a first round pick, Cory Davis. Despite missing the preseason Davis looks very good so far. We also have an old but very good starting TE.

-- Mariota is the real deal. He is good, getting better and learns from his mistakes. Most of us are huge fans. There is though a small but vocal group of Mariota haters among our fans base. I think for many of them they were not able to handle with the Titans actually being somewhat good last year. We had been bad for so long they did not know how to deal with success.

-- Special teams were a disaster last year and the FO put a lot into improving them. Adoree Jackson, first round CB, looks amazing returning punts.

To close, you guys are probably still the better team however the Titans are not the cakewalk they were the last time these two teams met.

:irishdrinkers:

Titans win cause the Seahawks offense is absolutely pathetic!

xgeoff

Reaction score
Prepare to come away from this game thinking that your D-Line is the second coming of the Fearsome Foursome. Expect to think that your D-Line is unstoppable as they stuff runs 3 yds deep in the backfield and chase Russell Wilson all over the field.

Expect to see your DB's contest every ball thrown to a receiver not named Doug Baldwin. And, as many posters have said, expect the first team to 17 to win the game.

Truly, you have not witnessed an Offensive Line as bad as ours yet. Prepare to be amazed, shocked and, I dare say, appalled. And prepare to hear us bitch about it. We've had several years of watching piss poor O-Line play now, and have probably invested more draft capital in our line than you have, with nothing to show for it.

TruckedAtPike

Reaction score
xgeoff":290pednq said:
Prepare to come away from this game thinking that your D-Line is the second coming of the Fearsome Foursome. Expect to think that your D-Line is unstoppable as they stuff runs 3 yds deep in the backfield and chase Russell Wilson all over the field.

Expect to see your DB's contest every ball thrown to a receiver not named Doug Baldwin. And, as many posters have said, expect the first team to 17 to win the game.

Truly, you have not witnessed an Offensive Line as bad as ours yet. Prepare to be amazed, shocked and, I dare say, appalled. And prepare to hear us bitch about it. We've had several years of watching piss poor O-Line play now, and have probably invested more draft capital in our line than you have, with nothing to show for it.
Is this smack talk on your own team?

xgeoff

Reaction score
The Hammer":6vq6vbju said:

Russ would probably shred you guys if he just had time to throw, which he won't. Literally our line can not even get in the way of D-Linemen. You would think guys that are 6-6 300+ lbs could just sit down and make a pile that pass rushers would need to go around but they can't even do that. They will literally take themselves out of the way, particularly Mark Glowinski and Rees Odiambo. You watch, I am a truthteller.

Two years ago, at the end of the season, our Offensive Line was able to give Russell time to throw, and it was a beautiful thing. He tore teams apart, and that opened up the run game as well. We had an undrafted rookie named Thomas Rawls who bowled over defenders by doing his best impression of Marshawn Lynch.

We won 6 of our last 7 games and almost came back from a 31-0 halftime deficit against the Panthers in the playoffs. A deficit largely created when the O-Line reverted temporarily to it's early season form.

Russ is damn good, if you give him time. Which we can't seem to do...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
TruckedAtPike":35lb4yew said:
xgeoff":35lb4yew said:

No. There is an element of truth here.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1pwwdcq7 said:
TruckedAtPike":1pwwdcq7 said:
xgeoff":1pwwdcq7 said:

The Seahawks are like our family. Only we can make fun of them, not outsiders

xgeoff

Reaction score
TruckedAtPike":1fr1iypa said:
xgeoff":1fr1iypa said:

It's telling the fans of the other teams not to get too full of themselves if their Defense delivers a beatdown to our Offense. It's not that your Defense is all that, it's just that our Line sucks. The Green Bay fans thought their D was so great after playing us. They weren't, the Falcons shredded them and other teams will, too.

In terms of the rest of our team, Russ is terrific, the Defense is phenomenal. I could go on and on about the great culture that Pete is built here. What is dominating the nature of our games, however, is the play of the O-line. It is undoing the rest of the goodness that we have here.

TruckedAtPike

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3qlflki7 said:
TruckedAtPike":3qlflki7 said:
xgeoff":3qlflki7 said:

Cool. Any chance hwk is short form for homework?

djb28

Reaction score
The Hammer":3cd38hkb said:
twisted_steel2":3cd38hkb said:
The Hammer":3cd38hkb said:
-- The Titans have a strong offensive line with probably the best OT tandem in the league -- both first round picks.

Sigh.... so jealous.

It was a long time coming. We went several years in a row with probably the worst OL in the league.
Yeah but your coaches understand what a bad O line looks like. Ours... clueless.

Rat

Reaction score
I thought the Titans were beyond stupid for keeping Mularkey the offseason after he became the interim head coach, but he seems to be getting the job done. I guess that's something we both have in common, our coaches have found their fit after being fired from their first two NFL head coaching jobs.

The Titans had one of my all-time favorite players in Chris Sanders, and I've always kind of liked them since. I hope you guys take the AFC South, but in spite of a week 3 loss.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2y4okzgi said:
adeltaY":2y4okzgi said:
Oh man, Jurell Casey is like a better version of Mike Daniels and Orakpo is better than Perry or Matthews at this point... Our offense will almost certainly struggle to get a TD this game.

Theoretically, our run defense is elite and has a good shot of stopping the titans Offense, but we just saw the freaking Niners run for 8+ ypc against the Hawks at Clink. Mariota is an excellent passer and knows when to run as well. The outlook for this game is not good at all for the Seahawks.
That was only due to one broken play(when Richardson was out) for 61 yards. Take that away from Hyde and his game was really 'meh'. Other than that play, the D played 'lights out' IMO.

Matt Breida also ran for 8.8 ypc, but that was on four carries, FWIW. Best run D in the league shouldn't be allowing Hyde to bust off two 25+ yard runs. Would've been a shutout or 3 points allowed max. Also, you could see the SF OL getting great movement consistently against our DL. The Titans OL is waaaaayyy better, especially in run blocking.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Blaze808":xjkl8omt said:
Trade Jack Conklin for Michael Bennett and a 1st. Would yah?
Lol, Conklin is a young All-Pro!

Bennett best years are behind him!!

Only way we get any one of the Titans bookend tackles are to package Earl Thomas with Frank Clark or something!

Conklin or Lewan??? Pretty much a pipe dream!!

Wow, Seahawks offensive line sucks!!!

So embarassing!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Pete will have more and more questions after Tennessee kicks our ass Sunday by 10+ points. Carson will run for 85 but our O will score only 1 TD-up tempo late in the game in desperation mode. Our D will be exhausted in the heat by the end of the 3rd with Tenn 2-1 in TOP.

This is the new reality.