How big is tonight’s game for this team

zchurch74

Reaction score
I think this game is huge. If we pull out a win, the confidence of this team is going to go skyhigh. It will really help the new guys and their complete Biane to Pete’s coaching. It could set us up for a really good run over the next few games. The confidence could push us into wins against the browns and the ravens. We have some very winnable games after those two and we could be looking at taking a strong lead in the division

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This game is massive. I don't care if it's only game 5, it means a LOT in the long run. The message needs to be sent.

sutz

Reaction score
It means a lot, because if we win, we maintain control of our own destiny going forward. If we lose, we'll be counting on other teams to help us out, never a good place to be.

It's a bit early to call it 'do or die' because there are a lot of games left to play, but it's always better to play from ahead than behind, in game and in season.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think unlike previous years, the 9ers *might* be good enough this year for it to matter if the Seahawks can split with the Rams or not.

Finishing at least second in the NFCW has been a cakewalk for the past four years.

If that's not the case anymore, this game is much bigger for the Seahawks than it has been in the past.

chris98251

Reaction score
This game has a lot of meaning for the Seahawks, not only are they in rebuild year two and this is really a test of have we improved over last year and where are we? But it is also a test of big game atmosphere for many of these new kids on the block under lights and out of sync scheduling that they have to step up to the challenge for.

That's just a general thought, throw in seeding, Paul Allen, chip on the shoulder from last years losses and it becomes bigger yet.

Now we have the rain and possible Thunder and Lighting going to happen that is another challenge they need to step up to, Rain has not been our friend this year with slick balls and turnovers. I hope it affects the Rams even more so.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m not one to usually call early season games a “must win,” but this game has the same feel as Hawks Niners when Harbaugh had them at their peak. A win tonight means contending for a division title/SB. A loss means contending for a wildcard. I hope the 12s circa 2012-2013 are in attendance tonight! Blow those Lambs eardrums out!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aredub

Reaction score
This is a big game! Especially for our young guys. A win tonight would be huge for their development and mental makeup for the future. Not that it will be a huge negative should they lose, but a win would go a long way towards the future in my opinion.

tigardhawk46

Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this game since sunday night...It is one of those games that can swing a season one way or the other I think...a win puts us in a great spot going forward against the browns and ravens....I am so pumped I cant wait to get off work and bbq and drink beers and watch the game!!!!
GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigardhawk46

Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this game since sunday night...It is one of those games that can swing a season one way or the other I think...a win puts us in a great spot going forward against the browns and ravens....I am so pumped I cant wait to get off work and bbq and drink beers and watch the game!!!!
GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Huge game. A real crossroads kind of game.

Seattle needs a signature win to begin establishing the program's direction. Coming into the season, I felt that win was not likely to happen this year -- but more likely next. Fortune has smiled on the team early and Seattle has an opportunity to advance the prospects of the program earlier than that.

Seattle needs to compete and win against a quality opponent. LA is still that, although struggling. Not unexpected of a SB losing team. If LA wins, I think they begin to shake off the hangover and position themselves to compete and likely win the division. If Seattle wins, it's a definite body blow to that team and leaves them asking or answering questions about what's wrong.

Feels like both clubs need some measure of validation. One team will leave the field with it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
My opinion.
It’s definitely not a must win(in terms of playoffs )but it’s freaking HUGE for so many other reasons.

Confidence for a young squad being one of the biggest I see.

We need to get back to the “our house” mentality, protecting the Clink turf tonight in the national spotlight will go a long way towards serving notice. We didn’t do that against the Saints in a very winnable game.

Tonight could very easily set the tone for the rest of the season (good or bad).

It’s HUGE if you ask me.

D

DomeHawk

Not a must win but certainly a moral-building win in a huge venue with the Paul Allen thing and a national audience.

The Seahawks need to establish themselves as a legitimate contender and this would go a long ways to achieving that.

xray

Reaction score
The rookies that play have never experienced a NFL game in primetime under the lights before . The staff will really have to settle the young guys down and get them focused . A star could be born in this game . This is a dead even match-up and a grudge game to boot .

classicaaron

Reaction score
I think if they win they could be considered an actual contender in the nfc. they lose they could still make the playoffs would be more a one and done type of team. so yes a huge game indeed.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Super big. Its early as crap and usually its too early to say this it. Folks, this is a feeling of SF and Hawks game when we made a statement.

I do feel like SF is tough this yr and i said this before year. This is such a big game. I wish i was there.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
This is the game. I’m one of the bandwagon fans that came into the fold in 2010 at Beastquake. Being an ex offense of lineman I really do appreciate a good physical running game. And that game was or at least that run was amazing.

I think this game is winnable, but There can’t be a punt on the first possession. Let’s see if Ifedi can keep from holding on the first play from scrimmage of the game.The Hawks need to score.

As for the San Francisco think it would be really awesome if Frank Clark was still on the roster. The Richard Sherman / Frank Clark rivalry would be a fun thing to see unfold. There was some back-and-forth commentary last year that was pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LTH

Reaction score
"Every game is a championship game"

Pete Carroll

LTH

Latest posts