How do we slow down Drew Brees?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hawk Strap":t23s1t6i said:
I will sleep with his wife, then hold up a sign at the game informing him of such. He will be distracted all game, because inside he knows I would treat her better than he does.

That picture of Jason Manzoutkas as Rafi is a perfect complement for a high amount of your posts, this one included. I read it in Rafi's voice.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
DavidSeven":13pzd383 said:
How to slow him down? Take him out of New Orleans.

2013 Passer Rating:

Home Games = 122.2 (19TD/3INT)
Road Games = 84.6 (7TD/5INT)

Note: Russell Wilson has a passer rating of 107.4 at home and 103.5 on the road. Consistency.

This.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
DavidSeven":2s780mlt said:
Note: Russell Wilson has a passer rating of 107.4 at home and 103.5 on the road. Consistency.

That is sick.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tight coverage + pressure = poor QB performance.
Add to this a decent run defense, and this game is a win for the SEAHAWKS.
Least that's how I see it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
jblaze":2ryem34y said:
MontanaHawk05":2ryem34y said:
Keep Graham covered, pressure up the middle, and run the clock down with Lynch while on offense.

This.

Who do you think we should have on Graham? I figure we'll have Sherman on Colston so he's out. Maybe Thurm or Kam?

Regarding pressure up the middle, we don't seem to run a lot of stunts or inside blitzes but I hope they're scheming some special stuff during this week to throw them off in this regard.

The Clink will be rocking.

I think Kam with shades of Earl over the top, and shades of Wright underneath.

We've actually been pretty solid at covering the TE this season.

No TE has gained over 75 yards on the Seahawks D, closest was 72 yards to Owen Daniels. Only 1 TE has caught a TD against the Seahawks(Garrett Graham). Both players play for the Texans.

The three longest passes given up was the 31 yard TD to GG result of blown coverage by Malcolm Smith, 30 yarder to Carlson in garbage time that helped set up a TD, and a 27 yarder to Greg Olsen which I don't think amounted to points being scored.

Seahawks also have Luke Willson whose similar size, similar build, and similar eliteathleticism makes him the perfect scout for a TE like Graham.

Out of any one on the Saints I'm most worried about Sproles, Seahawks don't do well with smaller, quicker players in general.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2asgyd35 said:
Got to neutralize Graham and then pressure Brees. But you have to pressure without losing Sproles in the weeds he is so small and quick he can hide anywhere. Stills and Colston should be fairly easy to match up on. <<snip>>
Good post and I agree with a number your points.

I'm not sure Graham should be classified as TE any longer - he rarely blocks and routinely lines up like a WR. I like what the Patriots did: treat him as a WR and put a DB on him. I wish Browner was available for this exact matchup.

Colston is an effective #1 receiver. Brees really spreads the ball around, so his reception count is only at 39. (The only Seahawk receiver with more than Colston is Tate @ 42). Other Saints' player/catches: Graham/60, Thomas/51, Sproles/48.

I agree that their WR's aren't too intimidating stats wise (although Stills and Moore have made some explosive plays this year), but the Saints passing game as a whole is incredibly hard to defend. (Drew does avg 336 a game!) Our LB's will have to slow down/stop Brees' throws to RBs and TE's, IMO. Pressure will help that, but our LB's are going to have to cover in space.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":3e9tqv18 said:
Really? Really?

No one has suggested putting a "Bounty" on him :stirthepot:

That would be against the rules! Depending on who is enforcing them!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":qd6pwnm8 said:
SeahawksRawk":qd6pwnm8 said:
Really? Really?

No one has suggested putting a "Bounty" on him :stirthepot:

That would be against the rules! Depending on who is enforcing them!

CArey??? LOL :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Gotta get pressure up the middle on him and don't overuse the blitz. At the same time if you give him time and play a lot of zone he'll kill you. Quinn and company have their work cut out for them, fortunately they have a lot of time to prepare.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If we play a lot of zone in this game, I'm pretty sure he'll pick us apart.

This is going to be a great match-up, and nothing against Brees or the Saints, but I put our chances of winning against them at home at like 85%.

Exittium

Reaction score
I don't want this to be a punch for punch game either, they had that when we went 7-9. I want us to kick them in their nuts and send them home head down, deaf and us securing our rightful spot.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Flash up on the scoreboard "Drew- your sister works in the Seagals lockeroom" as a towel-girl!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Aros":1zwwvdym said:
DavidSeven":1zwwvdym said:

That is sick.
You know what he said on Fox1 when they asked that quickfire question to describe himself? Consistent.

As to stopping Brees? Middle pressure just like Wilson really. And play him outside the Dome.:)

Latest posts