I still see an 8-1 start from this team

davidonmi

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":7r1s0nv3 said:
Farming wins out of wimps doesn't mean much when you get to the playoffs and play teams like the Colts.
except it get us homefield

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well, if we want to win those games the defense needs to get out of the little funk they seem to be in regarding 3rd down stops, again, and the offense needs to learn how to play offense once they get past the 50 yard line....you know by scoring TDs and not FGs.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
If our defense doesn't play better and we don't stop making threes instead of sevens we won't.

Division road wins are not gimmies. I can easily see us dropping either or both zona and St Louis games if we don't get our coverage issues solved.

C-Dub

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2hi5coau said:
Farming wins out of wimps doesn't mean much when you get to the playoffs and play teams like the Colts.
It's exactly what the 'good' teams do.

Denver has played against teams that are a total 8-16 (soon to be 8-17..I'm predicting).
KC has played against teams that are 7-18.
NO has played against teams that are 9-14.
NE has played against teams that are 8-17.
Seattle has plated against teams that are 10-14.

I might need a stat check to be 100% sure what I posted is completely accurate, but your argument seems to be falling flat on its face.

The Hawks have played three good teams and are 2-1 against them. The Chiefs have played 0 good teams. Denver has played 1 good team. NE has played 1 good team and lost to them. The Saints have played 1 good team.

morgulon1

Reaction score
we lost a close game on the road to a pretty good team. The Colts beat us by 2 big pass plays and a blocked field goal return. Oh well, We played pretty well
on the road at 10 am for the second straight week in a row. I choose to look at the glass as half full. I hate to beat the "bad calls" horse to death but......

I liked the way Irvin was flying around. Damn he is fast.

Would you guys rather have lost this game or lose a division game? Or worse yet, against the niners?

w00t

Reaction score
Let's hope we don't end up like the 2012 Cardinals.. won the first 4 games then went on a 10 game losing streak or something.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
w00t":1166jpcy said:
Let's hope we don't end up like the 2012 Cardinals.. won the first 4 games then went on a 10 game losing streak or something.

Not even close to concerned. A lot of their wins were against crap teams and they didn't exactly light the world on fire. We haven't played great by all means either, but we have blown out teams and we definitely look like a contending team. I'm confident in our chances at 8-1.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
A loss can be a good thing. Rather than worry about 16-0, 19-0, or whatever... We can worry about not feeling like this again.

Next 4 are cupcakes, 5th is revenge, then it is smooth sailing after that. Hawks got this, trust.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2bcubr39 said:
8-1 is still really possible. 4 very winnable games.

When you looked at the schedule before the season, didn't most of you assume we'd drop either Houston or Indy, or both? I did. 2-1 on the road so far, I'll take it.
I did but assumed the reverse but this makes more sense given it was the back end of a two game set of road games vs. quality opponents.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":368y8opq said:
JOz56":368y8opq said:
WindCityHawk":368y8opq said:

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Just saying, ask the '07 Patriots what they think of all their regular season wins.

You mean the '07 Patriots that win the Super Bowl if Asante Samuel doesn't drop a gift wrapped pick or David Tyree doesn't have the catch of his life? Those Patriots?

Wartooth

Reaction score
Jeez you guys...
We just went 4-0 for the first time!
Depending on how long you have been a fan, that's pretty damned good!
I've been following this team for 33 years.
I couldn't be any less stressed about this loss.
They feed on these weaker teams, get some players back.
They will be steam rolling teams like last year heading into the playoffs.
The Hawks are alright.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":nn13kmfs said:

When you looked at the schedule before the season, didn't most of you assume we'd drop either Houston or Indy, or both? I did. 2-1 on the road so far, I'll take it.

Game 7 in AZ. Will Percy get his warmup against the Tards? :cool:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Blitzer88":r4d4021j said:
Well, if we want to win those games the defense needs to get out of the little funk they seem to be in regarding 3rd down stops, again, and the offense needs to learn how to play offense once they get past the 50 yard line....you know by scoring TDs and not FGs.

This should be fixed with some "home cookin'".

HawkWow

Reaction score
w00t":okqleamz said:

Now, because of you, that is exactly what is going to happen.

DAMMIT MAN!

But seriously, 4 weeks from now we will be on another 4 game winning streak. With our biggest concern being whether or not we secure HFA, some teams have it much worse.

Football is back in the PNW. Don't worry, be happy.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Next week, Hawks roll Titans and Dawgs roll Ducks. Book it.

Dismas

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3nscbgdp said:
WindCityHawk":3nscbgdp said:
JOz56":3nscbgdp said:
WindCityHawk":3nscbgdp said:

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Just saying, ask the '07 Patriots what they think of all their regular season wins.

You mean the '07 Patriots that win the Super Bowl if Asante Samuel doesn't drop a gift wrapped pick or David Tyree doesn't have the catch of his life? Those Patriots?

Ahhh, I get it . . if not for a couple of splash plays, they would have won, right?
Hmmmm . . if not for a fg block for a TD, and a long pass on an uncharacteristically blown coverage, we would have won comfortably.

So yes, I assume he does indeed mean those Patriots.

The sky has not fallen, teams lose once in a while, more on the road than at home, and this team in particular has shown a tendency to fix things and improve as the season progresses.

Lighten up, man

toadie_uk

Reaction score
Just realized we have a TNF followed by a MNF... that's big, like mini-bye week big!

8-1 is definitely a strong shout, I think 13-3 (with a tie-breaker) might be enough to get HFA this year, NFC dropping lots of games to AFC

13-3 / 14-2 for me!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did someone just compare us to the Cards???? :sob_story:

My god, you gotta be kidding me. This team just lost it's first regular season game after winning 9 in a row. News Flash: They are not going to go undefeated, never were, and likely never will. Teams lose games, imaging that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1u2p4g24 said:
If our defense doesn't play better and we don't stop making threes instead of sevens we won't.

Division road wins are not gimmies. I can easily see us dropping either or both zona and St Louis games if we don't get our coverage issues solved.

Frankly, I can't see us dropping either of those games. This team plays well in primetime, and neither of those teams are on par with Indy. Neither of those offenses are comparable to Houston or Indy.

There's no reason the Seahawks shouldn't go into that game at Atlanta with an 8-1 record.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2oqs5v88 said:

Yep, I saw the potential for dropping both games. I did feel that they would get one. So I am down with that. They will not be losing a lot of games this year.

Latest posts