I think the 49ers just secured the number 1 pick.

94Smith

Reaction score
I still am ok with what Jed has done post Chip Kelly. I still think we have the right coach and GM in place to start winning again. What I am worried about is that Jed will think like the fan base and not give these two a fair chance at turning things around. And no, that is not even after next year, it would be after year 4. A coach/GM team would have to bat 100 percent on everything and not have any setbacks in order to turn a complete roster over and win. So far they are getting about 50 percent of their free agents right and 50 percent of their draft picks, although young draft picks take until year 3 to know for sure. I have no doubt if Garoppolo did not go down, this team would be at least 3-4. The line between losing and winning in the NFL is very thin.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1pw1hqlt said:
So what you're saying, hawknation2018, is that they haven't been able to achieve a steady state of being a good team since the end of the salary cap era?

*smirk*

No, they’ve been a consistently bad team. 13 seasons of non-winning records in the last 16 years is a form of consistency.

The Seahawks, for comparison, have 13 winning seasons since 1999.

toffee

Reaction score
9ers, with their Rasputin running the football operation, with their savior HC applying his genius on offense, again find themselves in a tanking season. Every game from now on is a MUST not win. Expecting 9ers on HC search by the middle of next season, got to give it to my boy Jed, he just love interviewing some new savior class head coaches.

In the meantime, Rasputin is putting their vets on fire sale, to save a few bucks, adding to that $40mil under cap.

#1 pick here we come.

94Smith

Reaction score
Seahawks records of 8-8 or better since 2008, 6. 49ers records of 8-8 or better since 2008 , 5.

See what I did there? You guys are always saying we as 49ers fans live in the past. Who cares about the early 2000s?

Why did I pick 2008? Well it was 10 years ago and also the time Jed York took over operations

People don't remember winning seasons they only remember Super Bowl wins of which the Seahawks have one in the last decade and we have none.

Also you are bragging about the success of your former owner. (who was damn good and a godsend to your team and city, but unfortunately has died too young)

toffee

Reaction score
94Smith":qxp294db said:
Seahawks records of 8-8 or better since 2008, 6. 49ers records of 8-8 or better since 2008 , 5.

See what I did there? You guys are always saying we as 49ers fans live in the past. Who cares about the early 2000s?

Why did I pick 2008? Well it was 10 years ago and also the time Jed York took over operations

People don't remember winning seasons they only remember Super Bowl wins of which the Seahawks have one in the last decade and we have none.

Also you are bragging about the success of your former owner. (who was damn good and a godsend to your team and city, but unfortunately has died too young)

Enjoy your Yorks, they are going to be around for a long time. Jed and Paraag, going head coach hunting, again and again.

Go 9ers.

94Smith

Reaction score
toffee":bjmj12bd said:
94Smith":bjmj12bd said:

Enjoy your Yorks, they are going to be around for a long time. Jed and Paraag, going head coach hunting, again and again.

Go 9ers.

100 % happy with Shanahan and Lynch. Trusting the process

hawknation2018

Reaction score
94Smith":jawyvtjc said:

Lol, no matter how you try to jerry-rig it, the 49ers remain terrible and worse than the Seahawks.

13 years of non-winning records in the last 16. Fired another winning coach only to go through another decade of disastrous football. That is the 49ers’ consistent culture of losing.

:lol:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
94Smith":q5ry188t said:
toffee":q5ry188t said:
94Smith":q5ry188t said:

Go 9ers.

Shanahan is trash. You don’t go 0-9 without being trash. And if they lose the rest of their games this year, as many of their loser fans are hoping for, then he will have a nice 1-15 distinction on his resume. Beat the Raiders are you may fall in the draft order. A lose-lose proposition. The injury to your QB has given people false hope that lil Shanny is actually a good coach. :lol:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Shanahan couldn't scheme his way out of a paper bag. Dude is responsible for the biggest choke job in superbowl history.

Good coaches make average players better. Shanahan makes poor players worse.

94Smith

Reaction score
hawknation2018":xxn3alvl said:
94Smith":xxn3alvl said:
toffee":xxn3alvl said:
94Smith":xxn3alvl said:

Go 9ers.

The injury to the QB is the number one reason for all the losses. Beathard is trash, Ill give you that and it makes the whole team and coaching staff look like trash. Just like when Garoppolo came in the whole team looked much better. You can’t win in this league without a QB , period.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
toffee":kuud60hs said:
94Smith":kuud60hs said:

Go 9ers.
Shanahan will have four more guaranteed years on his contract. He is going nowhere. In fact it won’t even be up for discussion unless he gets TWO seasons with a healhy Garoppolo and still doesn’t win.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
If any Seahawk fan (or anyone really) in this discussion who has watched the 49er games this season and is not 100% convinced that the injury to Garoppolo is the problem, that person is blind or football ignorant. Beathard processes slower than Kaepernick. Let that sink in. Beathard repeatedly misses wide open passing windows, over and over again, taking horrid sacks, throwing late, and turning the ball over.

If Garoppolo isn’t an idiot and keeps going out of bounds, they are 4-4 right now (guaranteed that with a qb who can pick up a first down every once in a while they beat Arizona twice and San Diego). Possibly even 5-3 (the Packer game).

If you have spent any time watching Beathard, you know HE is the reason the team is losing. He even threw the INT that blew the game against Green Bay.

Now, however, getting someone like Nick Bosa would be worth the ACL injury. Unfortunately, if they beat the Raiders kiss that goodbye, because Las Vegas will draft him number one overall.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1c20iw4r said:
Shanahan couldn't scheme his way out of a paper bag. Dude is responsible for the biggest choke job in superbowl history.

Good coaches make average players better. Shanahan makes poor players worse.
What...? Shanahan has actually done a good job with what he has been given. The cupboard is bare in San Francisco at the moment.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
94Smith":ovr8hcmi said:

Let's talk record over that span.

Seahawks: 92-74-1

49ers: 79-88-1

How about 10-loss seasons?

Seahawks: 2

49ers: 4

How about 10-win seasons?

Seahawks: 5

49ers: 3

How about WINNING record seasons?

Seahawks: 6

How about head-to-head?

Seahawks, 14-7.

Keep spinning numbers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lol

Anyone being critical of Shanahan right now is clueless. Truly.

The season ended in the 4th quarter of week 3. Losing Jimmy G ended the season. At that point, the best thing they could do was lose and get a premiere player at the top of next years draft, preferably a Pass Rusher.

The team has been a M.A.S.H. unit all year.

I hate putting the blame on one guy (Beathard) and that isn't really fair to him because there are deficiencies all over the roster, but there is no question that the number one difference between the end of last year and this year is the QB position.

Specifically, Jimmy had a lightning fast release and is a quick decision maker. Beathard holds the ball and is slow to process. Everything is late.

That simple difference is all the difference in the world...particularly when it comes to turnovers. Beathard is a TOUGH kid, but he is his own worst enemy. He holds it too long and gets sacked. He holds it too long and the receiver is no longer open. He hold it too long and doesn't try to throw it away. Its like early Alex Smith all over again.

Bottom line, HE HOLDS IT TOO LONG and he has no pocket presence.

Now, again, the team has issues all over the place, so its hardly a perfect team and the QB is the only problem. The difference is that Jimmy G was good enough to OVERCOME other deficiencies (like say, pass protection) with that release, decision making, and accuracy. Beathard instead ACCENTUATES those weaknesses and turns the ball over at an insane rate (like 17 times in 9 games).

He's a good kid, he's tough and he plays really hard, but Beathard isn't a guy who is overcoming anything.

Niners need a pass rusher. They need CBs. They need WRs. They need RBs. They need alot of things, but the #1 thing they need is Jimmy Garoppolo back.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1rgykdts said:
94Smith":1rgykdts said:

Let's talk record over that span.

Seahawks: 92-74-1

49ers: 79-88-1

How about 10-loss seasons?

Seahawks: 2

49ers: 4

How about 10-win seasons?

Seahawks: 5

How about WINNING record seasons?

Seahawks: 6

How about head-to-head?

Seahawks, 14-7.

Keep spinning numbers.

Who cares?

Niners suck right now. Seahawks are better. Neither are as good as the Rams. Why does it matter?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Shanahan is part of of a FO that paid millions to an untested piece of glass. The roster is bare because it's the FO who have arranged it thus.

The scheme is terrible, I watched the cards game and it was like the special Olympics out there minus the effort. Good coaches can overcome adversity, they can galvanise players and teams. Shanahan is truly lacking. Long may it continue.

Marvin49

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":39sbnolx said:
Shanahan is part of of a FO that paid millions to an untested piece of glass. The roster is bare because it's the FO who have arranged it thus.

The scheme is terrible, I watched the cards game and it was like the special Olympics out there minus the effort. Good coaches can overcome adversity, they can galvanise players and teams. Shanahan is truly lacking. Long may it continue.

Um...huh?

Its the same scheme being run in LA for an 8-0 team and the #2 ranked O in the NFL. What on earth are you even talking about? The problem is TALENT, not scheme. This same scheme made the Falcons one of the most potent in NFL history.

The untested piece of glass has been hurt twice in his entire career, HS, College, and Pro. This is his first major injury EVER.

If you think the 49ers are regretting locking up Garoppolo long term you are way, way, WAY off base.

...and as far as the bare roster, this is 1.5 years into a complete rebuild. What exactly was the expectation here? They were paper thin in the rebuilding process and lost a bunch of starters to injury.

This ain't complicated.

Blaming Shanahan is nothing more than wishful thinking by a 49er opponent.

toffee

Reaction score
94Smith":3fwphxtn said:
toffee":3fwphxtn said:
94Smith":3fwphxtn said:

Go 9ers.

As a former 9ers fan, I sure remember fans were:

100% happy with the man that had a plan, trusted the process.

100% happy with the man that could motivate.

not 100% happy with the man that lost the Super Bowl.

100% happy with the man that knows DL.

So on and so forth.

I am 100% happy with the job Paraag is doing, just love the man to death. Best spin master in the game, bar none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2py61wty said:
94Smith":2py61wty said:
toffee":2py61wty said:
94Smith":2py61wty said:

Go 9ers.

Shanahan is trash. You don’t go 0-9 without being trash. And if they lose the rest of their games this year, as many of their loser fans are hoping for, then he will have a nice 1-15 distinction on his resume. Beat the Raiders are you may fall in the draft order. A lose-lose proposition. The injury to your QB has given people false hope that lil Shanny is actually a good coach. :lol:

Reading your post, I felt like mother Mary was speaking to me, such words of wisdom. If GQ didn’t get hurt, Kyle and Lynch will be so on hot seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk