I think the 49ers just secured the number 1 pick.

94Smith

Reaction score
toffee":33rmsbb2 said:
94Smith":33rmsbb2 said:
toffee":33rmsbb2 said:
94Smith":33rmsbb2 said:
Seahawks records of 8-8 or better since 2008, 6. 49ers records of 8-8 or better since 2008 , 5.

See what I did there? You guys are always saying we as 49ers fans live in the past. Who cares about the early 2000s?

Why did I pick 2008? Well it was 10 years ago and also the time Jed York took over operations

People don't remember winning seasons they only remember Super Bowl wins of which the Seahawks have one in the last decade and we have none.

Also you are bragging about the success of your former owner. (who was damn good and a godsend to your team and city, but unfortunately has died too young)

Enjoy your Yorks, they are going to be around for a long time. Jed and Paraag, going head coach hunting, again and again.

Go 9ers.

100 % happy with Shanahan and Lynch. Trusting the process

As a former 9ers fan,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2018":t6d4fx0z said:
94Smith":t6d4fx0z said:
toffee":t6d4fx0z said:
94Smith":t6d4fx0z said:
Seahawks records of 8-8 or better since 2008, 6. 49ers records of 8-8 or better since 2008 , 5.

See what I did there? You guys are always saying we as 49ers fans live in the past. Who cares about the early 2000s?

Why did I pick 2008? Well it was 10 years ago and also the time Jed York took over operations

People don't remember winning seasons they only remember Super Bowl wins of which the Seahawks have one in the last decade and we have none.

Also you are bragging about the success of your former owner. (who was damn good and a godsend to your team and city, but unfortunately has died too young)

Enjoy your Yorks, they are going to be around for a long time. Jed and Paraag, going head coach hunting, again and again.

Go 9ers.

100 % happy with Shanahan and Lynch. Trusting the process

Shanahan is trash. You don’t go 0-9 without being trash. And if they lose the rest of their games this year, as many of their loser fans are hoping for, then he will have a nice 1-15 distinction on his resume. Beat the Raiders are you may fall in the draft order. A lose-lose proposition. The injury to your QB has given people false hope that lil Shanny is actually a good coach. :lol:

Shanahan is currently 7-17 as a HC. Garoppolo has started 8 of them and is 6-2.

These are a few HCs after 2 seasons:

Bill Walsh - 6-24 (Montana started 8 of them)
Chuck Noll - 6-22 (Bradshaw started 8 of them)
Jimmy Johnson - 8-24 (Troy Aikman started 26 of them)

Those guys above have 9 Rings between them.

The 49ers were one of the best offenses in the NFL last year when Garoppolo was the starter. That wasn't by accident.

They are currently a Minus THIRTEEN in Giveaway/Takeaway margin. THAT is why they are losing. THAT is about a QB who holds the ball too long, gets sacked, fumbles, and throws INTs.

Peeps desire to make this about Shanahan is comical. Its isn't any great mystery why they are losing to anyone who watches the game. the only people who say the stupid crap I'm responding to are people who like to act like they know something but clearly don't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2018":gutz1alq said:
He’s back. :179417:

Bagdad bob

Weak. Not a single response to what I said. I see through you homey.

toffee

Reaction score
Marvin49":1y8zhuab said:
hawknation2018":1y8zhuab said:

Bagdad bob

Just enjoy your perpetual rebuild. Oh, and the head coach hunting, John, Jed, and Paraag's favorite past time.

SF49r

Reaction score
Dont get how its Shanahans fault. We got core players on IR especially our QB and nearly half the team dealing with injuries on an already weak roster.

toffee

Reaction score
SF49r":1bt5rqr6 said:
Dont get how its Shanahans fault. We got core players on IR especially our QB and nearly half the team dealing with injuries on an already weak roster.

it's all good then, just enjoy the rebuild.

SF49r

Reaction score
Just gotta keep stacking those top 5 picks eventually we'll be good lol

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Those examples from 40 years ago dont seem overly relevant. Did you notice those syats when you were watching your betamax collection of when anyone actually cared about the niners?

mrt144

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3qlxh5s2 said:
If any Seahawk fan (or anyone really) in this discussion who has watched the 49er games this season and is not 100% convinced that the injury to Garoppolo is the problem, that person is blind or football ignorant. Beathard processes slower than Kaepernick. Let that sink in. Beathard repeatedly misses wide open passing windows, over and over again, taking horrid sacks, throwing late, and turning the ball over.

If Garoppolo isn’t an idiot and keeps going out of bounds, they are 4-4 right now (guaranteed that with a qb who can pick up a first down every once in a while they beat Arizona twice and San Diego). Possibly even 5-3 (the Packer game).

If you have spent any time watching Beathard, you know HE is the reason the team is losing. He even threw the INT that blew the game against Green Bay.

Now, however, getting someone like Nick Bosa would be worth the ACL injury. Unfortunately, if they beat the Raiders kiss that goodbye, because Las Vegas will draft him number one overall.

Seems pretty brittle to ride JG to mere mediocrity and and abyss awaits without him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
toffee":xraoxgqj said:
Marvin49":xraoxgqj said:
hawknation2018":xraoxgqj said:

Bagdad bob

Just enjoy your perpetual rebuild. Oh, and the head coach hunting, John, Jed, and Paraag's favorite past time.

Shanahan ain't goin' nowhere. "Perpetual". LOL. It started LAST YEAR. The rebuild couldn't start until Baalke was out of the building.

Marvin49

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1jztupjw said:
Those examples from 40 years ago dont seem overly relevant. Did you notice those syats when you were watching your betamax collection of when anyone actually cared about the niners?

....methinks you are missing the point.

I'm not posting 40 year old passing or rushing stats.

I'm talking about how good coaches don't always win right away when they are in a rebuild and particularly when their 6-2 franchise QB is lost for the year.

Its ludicrous to me how people are all over Shanahan as if the Seahawks wouldn't be in a very similar predicament if Russell Wilson went down.

Marvin49

Reaction score
mrt144":14wk99br said:
5_Golden_Rings":14wk99br said:
If any Seahawk fan (or anyone really) in this discussion who has watched the 49er games this season and is not 100% convinced that the injury to Garoppolo is the problem, that person is blind or football ignorant. Beathard processes slower than Kaepernick. Let that sink in. Beathard repeatedly misses wide open passing windows, over and over again, taking horrid sacks, throwing late, and turning the ball over.

If Garoppolo isn’t an idiot and keeps going out of bounds, they are 4-4 right now (guaranteed that with a qb who can pick up a first down every once in a while they beat Arizona twice and San Diego). Possibly even 5-3 (the Packer game).

If you have spent any time watching Beathard, you know HE is the reason the team is losing. He even threw the INT that blew the game against Green Bay.

Now, however, getting someone like Nick Bosa would be worth the ACL injury. Unfortunately, if they beat the Raiders kiss that goodbye, because Las Vegas will draft him number one overall.

Seems pretty brittle to ride JG to mere mediocrity and and abyss awaits without him.

....and what do you think awaits Seattle if Wilson gets hurt. Rams if Goff gets hurt. Packers if Rodgers gets hurt.

There may not be a team in the NFL that doesn't see their season fall apart if their QB gets hurt and is lost for the year in week 3.

The ones where it doesn't make a difference are teams where the starter is no better than the backup.

Despite the problems at QB the 49ers actually have the 6th ranked rushing offense in the NFL. No Joke. a 1-7 team who is about to be 1-8 because now the BACKUP QB is hurt and likely won't play on a short week.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LOL, Now you guys done it!
You got Marvin’s back UP!

I haven’t seen him like this since a lot of us called Kap “Captain One read”, or said Harby would jump the Niners ship, when Marvin said he wouldn’t take “a lesser job” in college. Good times peeps, good times! 8)

toffee

Reaction score
Marvin49":iyizxjjc said:
toffee":iyizxjjc said:
Marvin49":iyizxjjc said:
hawknation2018":iyizxjjc said:

Bagdad bob

Shanahan ain't goin' nowhere. "Perpetual". LOL. It started LAST YEAR. The rebuild couldn't start until Baalke was out of the building.

Been rebuilding since the hiring of dennis erickson, how many HCs you guys got? From 2003 , 7 HCs in 15 years, I didn't even count Tomsula's first interim.

Ooooops, 9ers don't call them rebuilds, do you? What's the fancier terms?

Lucky that you have Paraag Marathe, always around to pick the next Savior. Will let you know what Paraag thinks if I run into him in one of Silicon Valley's Indian gatherings. NO ONE in NFL has more HC hiring experience than Paraag. He is the man. You guys are sooooooooooooooooo lucky to have him, Stanford guy, smart, articulated, knows football, expert in hiring saviors.

Go Paraag, Go Niners, Go Denise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Kyle you trust.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If we're taking bets on the first overall pick, I'm putting my money on the Raiders. Even when it comes to sucking, the 9ers can't do it well enough.

toffee

Reaction score
HawkGA":2496e0jz said:
If we're taking bets on the first overall pick, I'm putting my money on the Raiders. Even when it comes to sucking, the 9ers can't do it well enough.

nah, I have faith. Progress, progress under better management and coaching staff. Raiders are simply lost, 9ers are a well oiled machine.

Marvin49

Reaction score
toffee":2svrkqic said:
Marvin49":2svrkqic said:
toffee":2svrkqic said:
Marvin49":2svrkqic said:

Been rebuilding since the hiring of dennis erickson, how many HCs you guys got? From 2003 , 7 HCs in 15 years, I didn't even count Tomsula's first interim.

Ooooops, 9ers don't call them rebuilds, do you? What's the fancier terms?

Lucky that you have Paraag Marathe, always around to pick the next Savior. Will let you know what Paraag thinks if I run into him in one of Silicon Valley's Indian gatherings. NO ONE in NFL has more HC hiring experience than Paraag. He is the man. You guys are sooooooooooooooooo lucky to have him, Stanford guy, smart, articulated, knows football, expert in hiring saviors.

Go Paraag, Go Niners, Go Denise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Kyle you trust.

WTF?

Dennis Erickson?

What the hell is your measure of a rebuild? They were in the NFC Championship in 2011, 2012, and 2013.

That's the recent peak. They tried and failed miserably to reload with Tomsula and Kelly and finally scrapped it all and started over with Lynch and Shanahan. This is 1.5 years into the rebuild. The expectation was that this would be a long process and then Garoppolo unexpectedly won 5 straight games. Then, this year, he tore his ACL. It's really that simple.

Dennis Erickson? Dude. Seriously?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gupiyxl said:
LOL, Now you guys done it!
You got Marvin’s back UP!

I haven’t seen him like this since a lot of us called Kap “Captain One read”, or said Harby would jump the Niners ship, when Marvin said he wouldn’t take “a lesser job” in college. Good times peeps, good times! 8)

I'd love to say I didn't say any of those thing, but that would be unfair.

1) I was wrong on Kap. I admit it. I still think he can be effective and they really screwed him by trying to make him do something he wasn't good at, but I was wrong.

2) For the record, I didn't think he'd jump ship to Michigan because it never occurred to me that he'd be fired. Reality is Niners had choice between Baalke and Harbaugh, and Niners made wrong choice. That said, Harbaugh did alot to force managements hand and I don't think he'll be at Michigan much longer. He never last more than 5 years anywhere.

Still tho, I'll man up and say that I never thought he'd go to Michigan.