I think they should trade graham

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Lets give him more than one game. I give him a small pass last year because of the injury he was recovering from. No excuse this year. He should have at least 10 TD's this season, especially with our lack of running game and small wideouts.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Jimmy is the Alex Rodriguez of football. Cranks out gaudy numbers early in the season and/or in garbage time, but when the pressure is on in the big game he doesn't deliver. An incredibly talented athlete, but ultimately not worth the investment.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Except for the fact that Alex was roided up, and a self centered dewsh.
Graham, by all accounts is a good dude.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Jimmy will still be a big part of this offense. He had 7 targets yesterday ... he was just off. He'll get better. He became more versatile last year and he'll be fine in the schedule ahead.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I think he should play out this year as a Seahawk, but move on to another team next year. Move that money to other positions. It just hasn't worked out that great. Starting to wonder where these big acquisitions come from. Harvin? Graham? Toys for Bevell?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He knows he is going elsewhere next year. I think he will still compete because he wants the payday from Dallas but suspect he will be cautious as the last thing he wants is an injury.

Just a guess witten retires and Dallas signs Jimmy.

titan3131

Reaction score
Trade graham for Oline and sign Gary Barnidge for a cheap 1 year deal.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If you trade Graham away, all you do is increase the likelihood of coverage sacks. Wilson's receiving corps is small and injury-prone as it is. He won't improve with fewer targets to throw to.

This was a rare down game for Graham (he was robbed of a TD by the refs) and there are no elite tackles out there just sitting around in some insurance office waiting to be remembered. This is the hand we've been dealt.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1og5baxp said:
I still think they need to move him to the WR role and get a TE that actually blocks.

This..I wish they would use him more as a WR and use him seldomly at TE

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":rtkr6fr0 said:
Jimmy will still be a big part of this offense. He had 7 targets yesterday ... he was just off. He'll get better. He became more versatile last year and he'll be fine in the schedule ahead.

His blocking was a weakness coming here, yet they continue to try to force him to block. Like forcing s square peg into a round hole.

Graham is an elite level receiver, but the fact that his play style, and inability to block when called upon to do so, is reason to move on.

The offensive coaching staff refuses to comform to his strengths, not using him properly. That is the biggest problem above all else. Pure stubbornness by our coaching staff to adjust offensive and cater the offense to use Graham at his upmost strength: a pass catcher, not a blocker

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2h4ayqkj said:
Siouxhawk":2h4ayqkj said:

His blocking was a weakness coming here, yet they continue to try to force him to block. Like forcing s square peg into a round hole.

Graham is an elite level receiver, but the fact that his play style, and inability to block when called upon to do so, is reason to move on.

The offensive coaching staff refuses to comform to his strengths, not using him properly. That is the biggest problem above all else. Pure stubbornness by our coaching staff to adjust offensive and cater the offense to use Graham at his upmost strength: a pass catcher, not a blocker
They worked on his blocking all of last year, which he was more willing to do. He became a more multi-dimensional player, which Pete cherishes. The video illustration in this thread doesn't say much for it, but he usually is good at making a necessary chip. I like Jimmy and believe he'll still be a big part of our offense, but he needs to get some stickum for those drops.

netskier

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2z0zjcuq said:
I still think they need to move him to the WR role and get a TE that actually blocks.

This makes sense. And we could try it immediately if Willson or Vannett are already better blockers.

I see our top priority being to protect Russ from injury, and using the awfulness of last year's early season OL, we can estimate that Russ will get hurt twice this year while the OL learns to block better.

Rodgers responded to our pressure with quick passing, but Russell did not respond in kind, and we have to ask why not.

I would give Russ predictable outlets on both sidelines --- Graham on one sideline, McEvoy on the other, with passes thrown high where they can beat DBs with their height, and if overthrown the ball goes out of bounds with no chance of an interception. How far downfield can they run in 1.5 seconds, or however long Russ has to pass? GIve Russell two predictable targets, so when the defense comes rushing at him he can dodge the first one, which move move him either right or left, and he will have his safe outlet receiver waiting for him whichever way he dodges.

We need to practice and employ quick passing, to prevent Wilson from being injured, while we wait for the OL to learn to block.

netskier

Reaction score
Seymour":39pmnyaf said:
RussB":39pmnyaf said:
gowazzu02":39pmnyaf said:
I said in another thread, Jimmy shrinks in the big games. I said it when he was on NO and it's stayed the same here in Seattle. When the pressure builds and the lights are the brightest he shrinks.

He'll now go drop 100 yards and 2 tds in the second half vs the niners when were already up 3 scores....
Hes a big time talent, but hes just not that dude for them. I just dont see the chemistry and huge difference he was supposed to make. He gets doubled but so what, russ never gets time to find anyone else anyway.

They really can trade a guy like graham for a good lineman and to me that would benefit the team alot more, they made 2 superbowl runs with no graham. If getting rid of him means getting some much needed protection im all for it, i just wonder if they are even considering this im sure they have thought about it at some point. I mean they have to see the o line is a glaring disaster.

That right there is the elephant in the room.

It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that they knew the oline was that bad.

This happens year after year, and is such a coaching red flag it's almost comical.

They must have known. They have our defensive line to test our offensive line. Clearly they knew, and stubbornly bulled ahead ignoring that knowledge.

netskier

Reaction score
Jerhawk":nv2rzskl said:
Siouxhawk":nv2rzskl said:

I agree. The core problem of our offense is "Pure stubbornness by our coaching staff to adjust offens"e.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'd look to trade Graham. He just doesn't seem to be a good fit for the Seattle Seahawks. We don't utilize him properly, and the chemistry between RW and Graham seems rather forced on the field. Quite rarely do they look to be on the same page. This experiment has failed in my opinion. Graham is a good player, but I don't think we will ever play him up to his potential in Seattle. His skill sets run contrary to how we have used our tight ends in the Pete Carroll era.

Jville

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1lymtv0h said:

They never did replace Zack Miller. What a big loss that was.

I had hoped Nick Vannett would develop into a complete tight end. But, that concussion word may be getting in the way.

I suspect that with only 3 tight ends of record, the roster is pretty much set for the moment.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3ccuhin3 said:

This is a great idea. He struggled blocking yesterday. Here's to hoping he vastly improves in a very short time.

Aircrew

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wh42kts said:
Except for the fact that Alex was roided up, and a self centered dewsh.
Graham, by all accounts is a good dude.

I agree, but I was referring to his production. A-Rod was the king of the stat sheet and cranking homers in May, come October he couldn't lay down a bunt. The similarity to Jimmy's production not being when it matters most is what I was referring to. If that rings a bell it's because that is the exact point I made in my previous post.

AusSeahawk

Reaction score
I agree time to look elsewhere Jimmy. If we could get a good RG for him i'd be happy, He's been a failure baring a few good games here and there.