I think they should trade graham

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1sv6tx24 said:
If you trade Graham away, all you do is increase the likelihood of coverage sacks. Wilson's receiving corps is small and injury-prone as it is. He won't improve with fewer targets to throw to.

This was a rare down game for Graham (he was robbed of a TD by the refs) and there are no elite tackles out there just sitting around in some insurance office waiting to be remembered. This is the hand we've been dealt.
They got to 2 superbowls without a star tight end. Difference then was that the o line was actually somewhat decent and could help the offense keep the defense off the feild.

Trading graham for a lineman helps the team, keeping him with zero protection hinders the team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RW does not help Jimmy too much.
Do you ever see him throw it up there where Jimmy likes it?
The one time I saw it in the RZ ..Jimmy gets held down.
Jimmy just can't win in Seattle.
Trade him as we cannot use him right.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jimmy's relatively old and in the last year of his contract. No team is likely to trade him for even an average OL, especially a young one we can develop and maybe resign. Would have to throw in picks as well. Decent OL are really rare around the league. Check around some other fan websites or subreddits and you'll see half of them complaining about how bad their lines are. Guess they haven't seen many Hawks games...

farhat

Reaction score
I was not a fan of the Graham trade from the beginning. Carroll always says: "Know who you are." In this instance, we forgot who we were. We traded Max Unger for Jimmy Graham! That decreased our power on the offensive line with the Tight End that cannot block. Here are the reasons why I believe we should trade Graham:

He is a finesse player on a smash mouth team and does not fit us
We are a run first team and he cannot block at all
We got him so we could be better in the red zone, but him and Russell have not clicked in the red zone for two years
He shrinks in big games
We do not use him for what we pay him
We could use that $10 million on our books....none of it is money we would still have to pay him if we trade him

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":ot0jkuew said:
Hawk_Nation":ot0jkuew said:
I still think they need to move him to the WR role and get a TE that actually blocks.

They never did replace Zack Miller. What a big loss that was.

I had hoped Nick Vannett would develop into a complete tight end. But, that concussion word may be getting in the way.

I suspect that with only 3 tight ends of record, the roster is pretty much set for the moment.

They have Swoops on the PS that has flashed and is still learning the position if they "had to". But ya, suggesting this trade at this point in the game is a bit late anyway.

evergreen

Reaction score
Well we aren't trading Cable or Bevell. We could possibly get help for Jimmy. What about an average tackle and guard?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
IndyHawk":36u49j86 said:

It is not that "we" cannot use him right.....Mr. Bevell does not know how to use him properly. Nearly everyone on this message board was "jumping for joy" when Jimmy initially came to the Hawks. Soooo....what happened?

chris98251

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":vhsbjt10 said:
IndyHawk":vhsbjt10 said:

It is not that "we" cannot use him right.....Mr. Bevell does not know how to use him properly. Nearly everyone on this message board was "jumping for joy" when Jimmy initially came to the Hawks. Soooo....what happened?

Too Tall.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Keep Graham.
Get an OC that knows how to use him.
We are the only team in the NFL that would have traded for Jimmy and then use him as a blocker......

seahawksny

Reaction score
chris98251":3vbonkj0 said:
Bigpumpkin":3vbonkj0 said:
IndyHawk":3vbonkj0 said:

Never jumped for joy. Was against it when it happened. Not a player that we needed

Too Tall.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I bet the Browns could be enticed to part with Joe Thomas in exchange for Graham. Jimmy Graham might put some butts in the seats for them. Gives them the big receiving target that they need.

Jimmy Graham & Jeremy Lane for Joe Thomas & Randall Telfer (blocking TE with decent hands). The cap hits should be about even. Graham excites the few Browns fans who are left. Plus, they get a starting nickel corner from the L.O.B. And the Seahawks get significantly better blocking.

Why would they give up Thomas and Telfer? Thomas is 32 years old and has played nearly 10k-consecutive snaps of service for the miserable Browns. They might as well cash in now, while Thomas is still considered good, to get a flashy playmaking receiver like Graham. Also, give the guy a chance to win something before he retires. Meanwhile, trading Telfer opens up more playing time for their first round pick, David Njoku. Graham/Njoku could be a formidable 2TE receiving threat, sort of like the Patriots had last season with Gronk/Bennett. Maybe Graham can mentor Njoku. It makes sense for both teams.

Might as well throw in 3rd rounder Odhiambo, too.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Browns are trying to get younger, so it's unlikely they'd do this. They had a sure-handed mentor in Barnidge and let him walk.

I'm of the opinion that Jimmy still will be a big part of our offense going forward. It's completely useless to gauge his abilities on one game in 2017. We obviously targeted him more -- twice in the red zone -- and the other routes he was the hot read when Russ was under duress. Even on that photo being circulated where Russ is being chased by 3 Packers, he completed that pass to Jimmy for no gain.

But he can't just be a safety valve ... and that is where our line needs to do it's job. He has to find the seams of the defense and sit down in space, thus utilizing his size and jumping ability. Russ just needs about 2.5 seconds to make that work. But he ain't getting that and that's where the offense became unraveled Sunday.

But we will iron out those deficiencies and regain that Seahawk magic. It's what we do. And Jimmy will be part of that.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Welcome to 2015. They should have traded him two years ago when it became apparent the offensive staff had no idea how to utilize him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1lwo7ec7 said:
Hawk_Nation":1lwo7ec7 said:
I still think they need to move him to the WR role and get a TE that actually blocks.

This..I wish they would use him more as a WR and use him seldomly at TE

Receivers, TE's & RB's that can BLOCK are coveted by Pete.
Jimmy Graham is just ONE facet of the They figured that they could just Coach JG up a little, and make him the perfect fit, he's just never going to get to Zach Miller level of blocking, and just to add...we no longer have Marshawn Lynch to help alleviate the constant pressure on RW & the 'Behind The Learning Curve' O-Line....Lot's of missing pieces to this Offense, and REMOVING one of Wilsons targets would just exacerbate the problem.
The game against the Packers Defense showed just how easy it is for a Defense Coordinator to just send in the dogs to disrupt the timing & confidence of a newbie, unskilled, & GREEN O-Line.
Proof is in what McCarthy said about how the Seahawks Defense had messed up the timing for their Offense in the first half, and remember, the Packers Offense only had ONE Rookie in there...The rest were vet O-Linemen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

cymatica

Reaction score
The reality of the situation is trading Graham won't help this year unless it is straight up for a Zach Miller type. The o-line is what it is until they gel and we just have to hope they adapt the offense quickly.

Btw, watching the Chiefs game, and I know their o-line is better, but part of it has to be their scheme helping out, keeping the defense guessing. Just the way they use Kelce looks like they have a clue.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
I honestly like luke willson more in this offense thats just me. Him and russ have better chemistry, problem is willson has had some injury issues.

Trading graham for a solid lineman is the best bet here, i just wonder if they are even considering it. Its not that graham is bad or anything, its just that the team needs help elsewhere and graham being a star is good trade value to get what you want and he seems like the most expendable option to me.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2oxxmq7j said:
Seymour":2oxxmq7j said:
An article came out in The Times yesterday suggesting the same thing. Trade for an offensive lineman.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...m-is-going-to-be-a-great-savior-for-seahawks/
LOL, If you want to dance, you should have a partner, and besides, just because someone writes an article, doesn't mean that they are right, and it's absolutely the right thing to do.

Dude....I posted a link to an article that some may be interested in into the correct thread. Where did I say or suggest they were right?

If fact earlier I already stated I thought it was too late for a trade. :roll:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RussB":2j1tqnze said:
MontanaHawk05":2j1tqnze said:
If you trade Graham away, all you do is increase the likelihood of coverage sacks. Wilson's receiving corps is small and injury-prone as it is. He won't improve with fewer targets to throw to.

This was a rare down game for Graham (he was robbed of a TD by the refs) and there are no elite tackles out there just sitting around in some insurance office waiting to be remembered. This is the hand we've been dealt.
They got to 2 superbowls without a star tight end. Difference then was that the o line was actually somewhat decent and could help the offense keep the defense off the feild.

Trading graham for a lineman helps the team, keeping him with zero protection hinders the team.

Zach Miller was a star tight end. He was a great fit for our scheme and made an enormous difference.

A big target who can get open IS protection for a QB. It gives him somewhere to go with the ball. Complaining that Graham isn't being used as a big red-zone target? You won't have anyone who even COULD be used that way if you trade Graham.