I wish the Front Office would shut up

Anthony!

Reaction score
razgriz737":383tlpag said:
"According to a source close to the 28-year-old running back, such reports have contributed to his deteriorating relationship with Seattle coach Pete Carroll, as Lynch partially blames him for the existence of such stories and for the possibility that his Seahawks tenure might end after the 2014 season."

Great according to a source but no were doe sit say Lynch feels that way or the FO are the ones leaking the info. Just some un named source, which could mean its real or could mean more media assuming.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Anthony!":2p2zyktj said:
razgriz737":2p2zyktj said:
"According to a source close to the 28-year-old running back, such reports have contributed to his deteriorating relationship with Seattle coach Pete Carroll, as Lynch partially blames him for the existence of such stories and for the possibility that his Seahawks tenure might end after the 2014 season."

Great according to a source but no were doe sit say Lynch feels that way or the FO are the ones leaking the info. Just some un named source, which could mean its real or could mean more media assuming.
If you choose not to believe the source then that's your deal.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Anthony!":376dln1a said:
hawknation2014":376dln1a said:
Anthony!":376dln1a said:
Ahh no place did Lynch say he thought the info was coming form the FO.

"The Seahawks, their front office gets in the media; they talk a lot. I don't talk too much."

Great but that does not say he thinks the FO are saying his time is coming to an end. Your assuming, for all you know he is talking about the Harvin stuff or the FO denying any issue with Lynch when to Lynch it should not be discussed.

It was in response to a question about whether he thinks he will be a Seahawk next season.

Just because he thinks it's coming from the front office does not mean it's actually coming from the front office.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
razgriz737":ssk9r6sa said:
Anthony!":ssk9r6sa said:
razgriz737":ssk9r6sa said:

Marshawn Lynch is a sensational football player.

He is also a little......odd.

Not sure that Lynch believing he is being talked about is all that golden of a piece of evidence, especially when we know how focused JS and crew are about image/perception/keeping things in house.

We are to believe that they kept the whole Harvin thing under wraps for months on end, but are purposely leaking info about wanting to part ways with Lynch?

Cmon.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lynch never outright states it. He sure implies it with his statement about them talking vs his not talking.

And it sure looks like it is directly from the FO.

Let's see:

This is the same FO that was able to keep the injury to our LT quiet until Aros broke that. The same one that kept a fight DURING THE SUPERBOWL WEEK, completely quiet and was somehow able to keep all the information about the Percy trade completely quiet.

Also, the FO engaged in a whisper campaign against Percy shortly after, with all the leaks, to offset public frustration with the trade. It doesn't matter if it was true or not, they clearly have an MO to do this. So shockingly, it seems like they are laying the groundwork for these little leaks so they can cut (trade?) Lynch and the fans won't freak out because they will be conditioned to accept it.

It COMPLETELY fits the existing MO of how this front office works. Right down to stupidly diminishing the very value of a player that you might want to try to trade.

Lynch isn't stupid. He sees through this crap too.

I give Lynch massive props that in spite of how he has every right to punch people in the FO in the face, he never lets that affect his willingness to sacrifice his body to move the football down the field, or his drive to continue running after the first hit.

This leak campaign is ALL on the FO or they would have come out with clarifications now. They would assure us this is not the case, and assure him. Instead, after everything he sacrificed for the team, including winning the games that GOT US TO THE SUPERBOWL - we seem to foolishly believe we can just hand the team to Wilson and he will lead us to another SB later.

Wilson is very good. Almost impossible to plan for, and can save a game with his talent. But he cannot consistently carry a team. Lynch can.

I suspect this will come back to badly burn the FO.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1tdr8amg said:
razgriz737":1tdr8amg said:
Anthony!":1tdr8amg said:
razgriz737":1tdr8amg said:

Not sure that Lynch believing he is being talked about is all that golden of a piece of evidence, especially when we know how focused JS and crew are about image/perception/keeping things in house.

We are to believe that they kept the whole Harvin thing under wraps for months on end, but are purposely leaking info about wanting to part ways with Lynch?

Cmon.
Yeah, I never said the FO is actually releasing info, just that Lynch seems to think they are. Which you have said in your post as well. So we are both on the same page.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
razgriz737":13c45ftn said:
ImTheScientist":13c45ftn said:
TwistedHusky":13c45ftn said:
Specifically these leaks about Lynch.

Today another one about moving on from him.

They were talking about it in other articles too.

They need to shut up. Lynch is the best player they have. I don't care if he Golden Tate'd all their wives. They need to deal with it.

Because Wilson isn't near the place where he can be a Tom Brady and win in spite of the team. And the moment they lose Lynch they are going to lose any shot at winning their division for years to come.

Even if they don't like the guy, they need to quit talking about it.

Assuming it is them putting those reports out is weak sauce
Apparently Lynch thinks it's them too.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101231

Did you not read the part that says, "If it's them, I don't know anything about it."

Lets not spin this like the media does.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2k9qz0w7 said:
Lynch never outright states it. He sure implies it with his statement about them talking vs his not talking.

Let's see:

This is the same FO that was able to keep the injury to our LT quiet until Aros broke that. The same one that kept a fight DURING THE SUPERBOWL WEEK, completely quiet and was somehow able to keep all the information about the Percy trade completely quiet.

Also, the FO engaged in a whisper campaign against Percy shortly after, with all the leaks, to offset public frustration with the trade. It doesn't matter if it was true or not, they clearly have an MO to do this. So shockingly, it seems like they are laying the groundwork for these little leaks so they can cut (trade?) Lynch and the fans won't freak out because they will be conditioned to accept it.

It COMPLETELY fits the existing MO of how this front office works. Right down to stupidly diminishing the very value of a player that you might want to try to trade.

I give Lynch massive props that in spite of how he has every right to punch people in the FO in the face, he never lets that affect his willingness to sacrifice his body to move the football down the field, or his drive to continue running after the first hit.

This leak campaign is ALL on the FO or they would have come out with clarifications now. They would assure us this is not the case, and assure him. Instead, after everything he sacrificed for the team, including winning the games that GOT US TO THE SUPERBOWL - we seem to foolishly believe we can just hand the team to Wilson and he will lead us to another SB later.

Wilson is very good. Almost impossible to plan for, and can save a game with his talent. But he cannot consistently carry a team. Lynch can.

This doesnt make much sense.

Why would the FO purposely risk pissing off Lynch ( a veritable time bomb in some ways) just for the purpose of appeasing a few fans when they decide to let him go?

You say Lynch isnt stupid? Well neither is the FO.

Sorry, if I'm going with which side is more believeable in this situation, it isnt the guy who takes "beating to his own drum to a whole nother galaxy.

razgriz737

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":mwny2kd8 said:
razgriz737":mwny2kd8 said:
ImTheScientist":mwny2kd8 said:
TwistedHusky":mwny2kd8 said:

They need to shut up. Lynch is the best player they have. I don't care if he Golden Tate'd all their wives. They need to deal with it.

Because Wilson isn't near the place where he can be a Tom Brady and win in spite of the team. And the moment they lose Lynch they are going to lose any shot at winning their division for years to come.

Assuming it is them putting those reports out is weak sauce
Apparently Lynch thinks it's them too.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101231

Did you not read the part that says, "If it's them, I don't know anything about it."

Lets not spin this like the media does.
Did you not read the part right before that quote? In that quote you posted, he's not talking about who is the one releasing info. What he's saying is that he doesn't know if the FO is actually making plans to move on from him.

Later on in the article it is said that he seems to think the FO (or Pete specifically) is at least partially responsible for leaking these rumors.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Great according to a source but no were doe sit say Lynch feels that way or the FO are the ones leaking the info. Just some un named source, which could mean its real or could mean more media assuming.[/quote]
If you choose not to believe the source then that's your deal.[/quote]

Cmon.[/quote]
Yeah, I never said the FO is actually releasing info, just that Lynch seems to think they are. Which you have said in your post as well. So we are both on the same page.[/quote]

And I pointed out that Lynch believing they are (if he even does) is hardly a piece of evidence worthy of proving anything in regards to the FO

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2xhy41ry said:
And I pointed out that Lynch believing they are (if he even does) is hardly a piece of evidence worthy of proving anything in regards to the FO
Okay. Nothing I said is at odds with what you are saying. But Lynch believing they are is kinda a problem. I don't care if the FO is the one actually leaking this info, but if Lynch believes they are doesn't that show that there's some sort of communication issue?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
razgriz737":3supf8jq said:
Hawkpower":3supf8jq said:
Okay. Nothing I said is at odds with what you are saying. But Lynch thinking they are is kinda a problem.

Why?

He always has a problem with something/someone. He doesnt shun the media/skip going to the whitehouse/etc etc because hes a jolly dude.

Despite all of his fake demons and unecessary anger, the guy goes out and plays his butt off every Sunday.

Not seeing how this is any different than the other 476 times the guy has been "disrespected" in his career.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fprqn7v said:

Let's see:

lots of assuming but whatever. As to Wilson not consistently carrying the team but Lynch doing it yeah that would be wrong I can show you many games were Lynch did nothing and Wilson carried us. NO QB or RB can carry a team, they need help. Weather that is oline, wr, each other or whatever. Right now this offense will only go as far as Lynch and Wilson takes them. IF given a good oline and some good WRs Wilson could do it every game, but right now our oline suck in pass blocking and our best WR would not even be a #3 on any other good team. However as I said Lynch cannot consistently carry a team, there are numerous games were he did nothing but we won because of Wilson. Not to mention some of what Lynch does IE read option is a by product of Wilson. A couple of his TDs last week were right after Wilson gashed them for big yards so that threat made it easier on Lynch. The same holds true for Wilson some of what he doe sis helped by the threat of Lynch. Given how bad our oline is at pass blocking it is needed. We are not set up to pass with our oline and lack of quality WR or scheme.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, the reasonable response to Lynch "believing" that the FO is moving on from him and the FO not actually holding this view - WOULD BE TO REASSURE LYNCH & HIS AGENT. Then next the FO would assure the fans that this team is committed to keeping Lynch if possible, knowing how important he is to the team.

The silence somewhat validates the assumption. Why would they let him "believe" something false otherwise? It isn't worth the effort/time to reassure your most important player that you plan to keep him as long as you can afford him?

Sure.

And again, it seems strange that a team that can keep so much under wraps when it suits their purposes (the fight, the trade, the injury to Wilson last year, etc), somehow cannot figure out where the leaks are coming from? They seem very effective at keeping leaks like that under wraps, unless it suits their purposes (i.e. Harvin leaks earlier).

Calling BS on that.

Lynch just watched the whisper campaign on Harvin. Why is it a stretch for him to believe a similar campaign against him didn't start from the same "sources"?

I think you have your head in the sand if you honestly believe that the FO is not intentionally leaking this stuff. As for whether it is stupid to create the leaks? Well it wouldn't be the only stupid thing the FO has done this year. So I am not sure that is a defense.

razgriz737

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":mx1pq8e1 said:
Well, the reasonable response to Lynch "believing" that the FO is moving on from him and the FO not actually holding this view - WOULD BE TO REASSURE LYNCH & HIS AGENT.
Thank you!!!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
razgriz737":ujnidfb7 said:
TwistedHusky":ujnidfb7 said:
Well, the reasonable response to Lynch "believing" that the FO is moving on from him and the FO not actually holding this view - WOULD BE TO REASSURE LYNCH & HIS AGENT.
Thank you!!!

They can't reassure him because there is a real possibility that Lynch will hold out for more money and a long-term deal. The front office does not hold all the answers about whether Lynch will return next year . . . part of that will be up to Lynch to accept a compromised agreement or not hold out.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2e2e7deb said:
Well, the reasonable response to Lynch "believing" that the FO is moving on from him and the FO not actually holding this view - WOULD BE TO REASSURE LYNCH & HIS AGENT. Then next the FO would assure the fans that this team is committed to keeping Lynch if possible, knowing how important he is to the team.

The silence somewhat validates the assumption. Why would they let him "believe" something false otherwise? It isn't worth the effort/time to reassure your most important player that you plan to keep him as long as you can afford him?

Sure.

And again, it seems strange that a team that can keep so much under wraps when it suits their purposes (the fight, the trade, the injury to Wilson last year, etc), somehow cannot figure out where the leaks are coming from? They seem very effective at keeping leaks like that under wraps, unless it suits their purposes (i.e. Harvin leaks earlier).

Calling BS on that.

Lynch just watched the whisper campaign on Harvin. Why is it a stretch for him to believe a similar campaign against him didn't start from the same "sources"?

I think you have your head in the sand if you honestly believe that the FO is not intentionally leaking this stuff. As for whether it is stupid to create the leaks? Well it wouldn't be the only stupid thing the FO has done this year. So I am not sure that is a defense.

Rumors are just that, rumors, don't know if they're real, don't know if they're fake. How do you know whether or not the FO has already told Lynch that he's good? Maybe it's Lynch and those around him seeing all the "rumors" not knowing what to believe? If the FO just came out and said, yeah we expect Marshawn here next year, well then ding ding ding, his agent just won the lottery for him and he'll get that bonus he was wanting in the offseason. Good bye to more depth Seattle Seahawks.

hawknation2014":2e2e7deb said:
razgriz737":2e2e7deb said:
TwistedHusky":2e2e7deb said:
Thank you!!!

They can't reassure him because there is a real possibility that Lynch will hold out for more money and a long-term deal. The front office does not hold all the answers about whether Lynch will return next year . . . part of that will be up to Lynch to accept a compromised agreement or not hold out.

+1 for this post

I get it, Lynch is the heart and soul of the team. We need him back pretty bad, but I understand the perspective of the FO, at what cost...you have people saying that without Lynch we would be screwed,we have no chance at anything without him, so pay him what ever he wants. Then those are the same exact people complaining about our DLine depth, complaining about how we can't get a top WR, how our OLine sucks etc.,etc.,etc... What did you expect when you make decisions like overpaying,etc.? Draft is still available, but let's be realistic and also by mismanaging the cap/overpaying, etc., you've cut down half your ability to improve your roster with free agency. They gotta worry about 53 men, not 1. It's not easy handling a football team and PC&JS are usually pretty good at doing what is fair.

firebee

Reaction score
What if the FO and Lynch already have a deal sewn up and they're just leaking this information about parting ways with Lynch to distract other teams with the possibility of acquiring Lynch in free agency, so the FO can make some key acquisitions at bargain prices while other teams sit on their money hoping they can land Lynch.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3t21i81e said:
TwistedHusky":3t21i81e said:

That's not really this FO's MO.....you sure the front office is leaking this?

This. Why would our FO leak something about a player from some "anonymous source" when they've shown a propensity to cut your ass if you tick them off. Or if you REALLY make them mad, they trade you to the Jets. Because Cleveland's good now, and that's too good for you.

Pete and John haven't changed a whole lot for certain players. They don't give a ton of concessions, and they've always been that way. So I don't believe the "anonymous source" from the FO.

What I do worry about is it pissing Lynch off. Because I agree with the OP: we need to keep Lynch until that bastard can't walk anymore. Seriously, he's our best offensive player, and I don't give a crap how old he is. They've managed his practice snaps and TC snaps for years. He's fine. He's not slowing down. We need him.