I wish the Front Office would shut up

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I have a theory that it's Lynch's agent making the leaks and Lynch is playing "choirboy" in the face of these rumors to help with negotiations down the road. It's a sound tactical ploy, so don't think I'm ripping on Lynch here.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkWow":329yg7ds said:
The good news is I doubt Lynch really gives a shit what any of them have to say. If they let him walk, he'll be on the street for less time than Michael spent in today's offense. If they have him stay, he will just keep getting paid to be Marshawn Lynch.

Not only is he in control, he's certainly in demand (and has the satisfaction of knowing he's better at his job than this FO is at theirs).
well you would be incorrect. He does care and he tweeted about it after the game. If this stuff is coming from the FO they need to take care of the mole in a big way. If its' not the office needs to call this reporter out publically and rally behind beast mode. I can tell you one thing though. If some one in our FO things we can move on by drafting the kid from Wisconsin they better think again. He will be long gone before we pick. Please.. commit to Beast for a few more seasons and build our line!

firebee

Reaction score
Lynch is under contract for 2015 and scheduled to make less than he would this year. Why would the FO leak information that would likely cause Lynch to hold out? Personally.. I think our FO plans on keeping Lynch for, at least, the final year of his contract. I'd like to believe our FO and Lynch have already, pretty much, came to terms on an extension.

Why leak that we're willing to part ways with Lynch if we already came to terms on an extension??? It opens up trade talks with teams that wouldn't be open to trading if we didn't throw Lynch out as a carrot. Doesn't mean we're going to trade Lynch, but sometimes getting a team at the table opens up opportunities for other trades that wouldn't likely take place if you didn't use the carrot. It also gets teams that are interested in Lynch sitting on 5-7 million dollars during free agency, essentially putting other teams at a 5-7 million dollar disadvantage and equalizing the playing field in free agency for us. This increases our chances of landing key acquisitions because other teams aren't offering free agents contracts they would be offering if they weren't sitting on the money they set aside for the possible acquisition of Lynch.

Just some food for thought... because I can't honestly believe that we'd cut ties with Lynch when he's scheduled to make less next year than he did this year. Maybe if a crazy blockbuster trade was offered, but letting go of Lynch before the final year of his contract just doesn't make sense.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The Raiders are starting this. They want him next year so they are starting a rumor to create a wedge. [Please don't anyone takemy comment serious].

Rainger

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1j13qo03 said:
Specifically these leaks about Lynch.

Today another one about moving on from him.

They were talking about it in other articles too.

They need to shut up. Lynch is the best player they have. I don't care if he Golden Tate'd all their wives. They need to deal with it.

Because Wilson isn't near the place where he can be a Tom Brady and win in spite of the team. And the moment they lose Lynch they are going to lose any shot at winning their division for years to come.

Even if they don't like the guy, they need to quit talking about it.
Come on man. You believe the MEDIA. You have absolutely no evidence the FO is "leaking" anything.

Daily evidence of the dishonesty of the media would suggest that the Media is making whatever story they want from "sources" to create what ever narrative they want.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO this is more about Lynch creating perceived slights and lumping the media in with the FO.

I've yet to read one credible FO source comment. In fact Pete's been asked numerous times this year how his relationship is with Marshawn, and all he's ever said is "Fine, when I want to talk to Marshawn, I talk to Marshawn, and I'll leave it at that."

So where exactly are all these so called "comments" that Lynch is talking about? Like I said, this to me is Lynch not being happy with his contract right now, so he's creating friction to justify him flipping people off and being disgruntled.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wrk3r98 said:
IMO this is more about Lynch creating perceived slights and lumping the media in with the FO.

I've yet to read one credible FO source comment. In fact Pete's been asked numerous times this year how his relationship is with Marshawn, and all he's ever said is "Fine, when I want to talk to Marshawn, I talk to Marshawn, and I'll leave it at that."

So where exactly are all these so called "comments" that Lynch is talking about? Like I said, this to me is Lynch not being happy with his contract right now, so he's creating friction to justify him flipping people off and being disgruntled.

There has now been more than one reporter who claims he has an anonymous source within the Seahawks' front office who believes Lynch will be gone next season. That's what Lynch is referring to . . . it doesn't mean those reporters are't full of it.

There is absolutely no reason for the front office to telegraph their strategy for next year, creating a divide in the locker room, making assumptions about Lynch's playing ability a year from now, insinuating that the front office is hasty and/or foolish, and generally weakening Lynch's draft stock if they do decide to trade him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2wv610vj said:
There has now been more than one reporter who claims he has an anonymous source within the Seahawks' front office who believes Lynch will be gone next season. That's what Lynch is referring to . . . it doesn't mean those reporters are't full of it.

There is absolutely no reason for the front office to telegraph their strategy for next year, creating a divide in the locker room, making assumptions about Lynch's playing ability a year from now, insinuating that the front office is hasty and/or foolish, and generally weakening Lynch's draft stock if they do decide to trade him.

Right, anonymous sources guessing at future intent is pure unadulterated conjecture.

No front office talks to the media about future plans involving players..........and certainly not Pete or John.

If any member of the media has an opinion on Lynch's future here, it's no different from any of our opinions, guesses based on what we've seen for the past year with Lynch's contract, our cap issues and Lynch's camp crying about not getting an extension.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3o7sn97y said:
hawknation2014":3o7sn97y said:

Right, anonymous sources guessing at future intent is pure unadulterated conjecture.

No front office talks to the media about future plans involving players..........and certainly not Pete or John.

If any member of the media has an opinion on Lynch's future here, it's no different from any of our opinions, guesses based on what we've seen for the past year with Lynch's contract, our cap issues and Lynch's camp crying about not getting an extension.

Did Lynch or his camp make any comments about an extension? I don't recall reading anything from their side.

It may be the media's opinion that the front office is planning to move on from Lynch, but that's definitely not how they are presenting it in their articles. True or not, that has to be troubling to hear for Lynch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":19we77jk said:
Did Lynch or his camp make any comments about an extension? I don't recall reading anything from their side.

Yes, they said Lynch wanted an extension............thus the compromise of him getting 1.5M of his incentives switched over to guaranteed this year.

What, did you think Lynch got more money this year because the Hawks are just a super cool organization and approached him about without him asking?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zf5kr5d2 said:
hawknation2014":zf5kr5d2 said:

Yes, they said Lynch wanted an extension............thus the compromise of him getting 1.5M of his incentives switched over to guaranteed this year.

What, did you think Lynch got more money this year because the Hawks are just a super cool organization and approached him about without him asking?

When you referred to "Lynch's camp crying about not getting an extension," I thought you meant public crying, i.e. complaining to the media. Thanks for clearing that up.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Ultimately, the FO probably brought this on after doing the hatchet job on Harvin after the trade. I understood -- they needed to sell this trade to their fanbase and didn't want to look like buffoons for only getting a conditional pick. That being said, it ultimately ended the "gentlemen's agreement" among camps to keep stuff like this internal, and the floodgates busted open. Even if the FO hasn't leaked a single thing since the Harvin trade, the way they handled that in itself probably raised eyebrows in the locker-room. Some of those guys probably do think that someone in the FO is the "leak."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":29jtihd9 said:
Sgt. Largent":29jtihd9 said:
hawknation2014":29jtihd9 said:

When you referred to "Lynch's camp crying about not getting an extension," I thought you meant public crying, i.e. complaining to the media. Thanks for clearing that up.

They did that too, which is why M-Rob had all the super secret "inside information" once or twice during the off season.......because he was talking to Lynch and/or his agent about not being happy and threatening to hold out.

I love Lynch, I hope we can extend him for another 2-3 years.........but IMO this is all crap. There's ZERO reason for our FO to talk to any media member about the ongoing negotiations or situations of player contracts, and John and Pete are as professional as it comes. Plus we don't have an owner like Jerry Jones that likes to blab to the media about players.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ys42cnnl said:
Ultimately, the FO probably brought this on after doing the hatchet job on Harvin after the trade. I understood -- they needed to sell this trade to their fanbase and didn't want to look like buffoons for only getting a conditional pick. That being said, it ultimately ended the "gentlemen's agreement" among camps to keep stuff like this internal, and the floodgates busted open. Even if the FO hasn't leaked a single thing since the Harvin trade, the way they handled that in itself probably raised eyebrows in the locker-room. Some of those guys probably do think that someone in the FO is the "leak."

All the stuff about Harvin could have come from a player or former player, not necessarily the front office. The media was scrambling to explain the decision, so they may have latched on to any number of sources for juicy tidbits.

Michael Robinson seemed to imply that he thought it was coming from the front office, or that the front office did a bad job keeping it in-house, but Carroll quickly rebuffed that idea.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2g0pujec said:
DavidSeven":2g0pujec said:

All the stuff about Harvin could have come from a player or former player, not necessarily the front office. The media was scrambling to explain the decision, so they may have latched on to any number of sources for juicy tidbits.

Michael Robinson seemed to imply that he thought it was coming from the front office, or that the front office did a bad job keeping it in-house, but Carroll quickly rebuffed that idea.

Well, a lot of the info also related to potential trades they tried to make for TEs throughout the league. It sure sounded like it came from the FO. The timing was also fishy as no players had opened their mouths about the Harvin fights before the trade. If I'm a player, I'm assuming most of that info came from the FO. But yeah, it could have come from different sources. However, in a locker-room environment, I'm guessing perception is close to reality.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1sus7m7y said:
hawknation2014":1sus7m7y said:
DavidSeven":1sus7m7y said:

Well, a lot of the info also related to potential trades they tried to make for TEs throughout the league. It sure sounded like it came from the FO. The timing was also fishy as no players had opened their mouths about the Harvin fights before the trade. If I'm a player, I'm assuming most of that info came from the FO. But yeah, it could have come from different sources. However, in a locker-room environment, I'm guessing perception is close to reality.

The front office would never in their right mind disclose a failed trade . . . it makes them look desperate for particular positions and weakens their future trade leverage. That information in particular had to come from the teams we were trying to trade with.

captSE

Reaction score
Lets just tear this team apart every which way we can guys.
What he said, she said is good information, right? Especially if 2nd - 3rd hand information is out there. Who cares if the source is called anonymous too, right?
Divide and conquer all the way......feed them more fodder.
Dot Net all the way!

Latest posts