Ian Rapoport: Seahawks showing interest in Sidney Rice

Jville

Reaction score
His release was about a contract termination.

He has had procedures on both shoulders, both knees and time to recover from concussions.

He should be good to go ...... for the right price ...... because he has yet to learn how to fall well.

Maxman186

Reaction score
Sidney, Percy, and Lynch on the field at the same time would be impossible to cover

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1bps9o7c said:
Hasselbeck":1bps9o7c said:
Not sure how wild I am about this. Rice looked like a shell of his former self last year, and I just think there are better options in the draft right now.

I'd honestly be more excited about Kenny Britt than Sidney Rice

People on this board love Kenny Britt because he's a name that has been a fantasy football sleeper for years.

Kenny Britt was one of the worst WRs in the NFL last year.

I love Britt because he's still incredibly talented and has been mired with bonehead off the field issues (correctable) and bad quarterback play (wouldn't be a problem). He has had health issues as well, but he's two years younger than Rice.

MizzouHawkGal":1bps9o7c said:
Good. The issue isn't his production it's that contract. Give him a prove it deal or 3-4 years at 4-5 million, something reasonable. Maybe 6-7 but that's pushing it.

Thats the thing.. even before his ACL tear last year, he only had 15 receptions in 8 games.. it's not like the guy was lighting up the box score every week and had his first injury either.. he's now had the labrum, ACL, and shoulder injuries. So yes, the issue was production for what he was making and even more so now is his health.

I just hope if he's brought back that we don't pass on a WR in the draft. That would be the worst thing to do.

White Devil

Reaction score
Not much interest from other teams or a price he couldn't live without.

Win Win for both sides.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
DavidSeven":sya7mx8d said:
I want to see a healthy Harvin/Rice tandem for the first time since '09.

Edit: even if Kearse has won his job, having Rice would still be beneficial for situational opportunities (redzone, in particular).
Neither one of those players has been able to stay healthy, so in all likelihood even if Rice comes back he will most likely be sitting on the bench injured along with Harvin.

Injury-prone players are frequently injured, that's why they're injury-prone.

If Rice is willing to sign for not a penny more than $1m I can support that, but my worry is that the hawks will make the same mistake a lot of fans are making (assuming Harvin will be healthy in 2014) and if they sign Rice they might think that WR isnt a position of need.

There is a better chance that Harvin and Rice play 0 games than 16 games. If their streak of injuries continues then that makes Baldwin #1 and Kearse #2 and that just isn't good enough, despite me being a big supporter of baldwin and Kearse.

The hawks have been using mid-round picks on "different" WRs that havent been able to stick more than a year, it's time they use one or more early picks on WRs who will undoubtedly make the team and will be here for a few years at least. We lost Tate and at the very least they need to draft another Tate.

I would hate for the Hawks to draft a WR and cut him because Harvin and Rice are healthy for week 1 and they brough another vet FA and then 2 weeks later one of them goes on IR and we wish we had our rookie back.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Signing Rice doesn't preclude them from drafting and developing another WR. Most expected them to burn a high pick on WR even with Tate in the fold.

Show me a list of $2m receivers and I'll show a list that Rice is at or near the top of in terms of talent. Don't need him to stay healthy for 60 snaps/game for it to be worthwhile.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":7xv20bmq said:
Hasselbeck":7xv20bmq said:
Not sure how wild I am about this. Rice looked like a shell of his former self last year, and I just think there are better options in the draft right now.

I'd honestly be more excited about Kenny Britt than Sidney Rice

People on this board love Kenny Britt because he's a name that has been a fantasy football sleeper for years.

Kenny Britt was one of the worst WRs in the NFL last year.

Kenny Britt was one of the best receivers in the NFL when Matt Hasselbeck was throwing to him.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sidney Rice and Russell Wilson are a great combo imo. Rice does a great job of getting open when Russell is scrambling. I'd love to have Rice back at a decent price.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Probably not a lot of interest in him coming off the injury. You never know how a player will turn out after a major injury like he had. I can see Seattle offering him a 1 year prove it deal, anything more is dumb, imo.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He absolutely was a big reason we won easily at Arizona and we missed him down the stretch.. If we wouldve had him we wouldve won the super bowl...

:0190l:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
That Britt guy just keeps coming up:

From Roto:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that "four our five" teams are interested in free agent Kenny Britt.
The Redskins are reported to be one. PFT speculates the Patriots could be another, as Bill Belichick has an affinity for former Rutgers players. Britt is going to have to settle for a one-year deal worth about the league minimum.

Year Team G Rec Yds Y/G Avg 100+ TD
2009 TEN 16 42 701 43.8 16.7 2 3
2010 TEN 12 42 775 64.6 18.5 2 9
2011 TEN 3 17 289 96.3 17.0 2 3
2012 TEN 14 45 589 42.1 13.1 1 4
2013 TEN 12 11 96 8.0 8.7 0 0

How does he play in 12 games with 11 catches last year?

Wash Post:
Posted at 04:44 PM ET, 07/20/2012
Kenny Britt’s DUI only the latest off-field incident for Titans receiver
By Matt Brooks
Britt’s previous off-the-field problems included outstanding traffic warrants for false statements on his driver’s license application, a ticket for driving without a license, an arrest following a car chase, a lawsuit over his alleged role in a bar fight and charges for resisting arrest after he was confronted by police for suspected marijuana possession, per ESPN’s Paul Kuharsky.

Britt, 23, had arthroscopic surgery on both knees within the last three months and he is currently trying to work his way back into shape in time for the season. He showed flashes of breakout potential in his third season with the Titans, posting 271 yards and three touchdowns during a torrid two-game stretch in September. But Britt tore his ACL and MCL in his right knee in just his third game and missed the remainder of the season.

Sidney's lookin' better all the time.

rcaido

Reaction score
4.5million for 1 year would be a good prove it deal.

Largent80

Reaction score
I am a Sid fan and this morning pondering WR and Smith, losing Tate and I said, why the frak don't they bring Sid back on the cheap?

I hope we do this.

Latest posts