If Lael Collins Drops to 63 ...??

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Largent80":1bvb4ajx said:
So, now there is no Crabtree but this turd is OK with you?...Why are all the Hawk fans here ok with taking people that know the difference but still put themselves in these positions?

It makes no sense.

An ex girlfriend gets murdered and its his fault?

That's messed dude.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
mikeak":1sscem4d said:
Largent80":1sscem4d said:
So, now there is no Crabtree but this turd is OK with you?...Why are all the Hawk fans here ok with taking people that know the difference but still put themselves in these positions?

It makes no sense.

His ex-gf was killed. There is no evidence public that puts him in that picture so how is this him doing anything?

Not letting him withdraw is unfair to him AND NFL teams
According to Ryan Feder of Pro Football Focus, the NFL collective bargaining agreement's language makes such an exception unlikely:

Largent80

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":tkk0fxkq said:
Largent80":tkk0fxkq said:

It makes no sense.

An ex girlfriend gets murdered and its his fault?

That's messed dude.

Whats messed?. I didnt make the mess but someone did.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Half our 2nd Round picks ever see the field, so why not?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
The risk of him being a turd and the drop off to a mid rounder is negligible.

Get me a gosh damn good receiver. Then go OLine

Seafan

Reaction score
mikeak":1u7ozlqy said:
Largent80":1u7ozlqy said:

It makes no sense.

His ex-gf was killed. There is no evidence public that puts him in that picture so how is this him doing anything?

Players can't withdraw on the eve of the draft. That's stupid. If he didn't want to enter the draft he shouldn't. It's too late. If he didn't hire an agent he should try to get reinstated with the NCAA. I hope he lasts until 63.

slargent4ever

Reaction score
I'd take him. You have to consider he will be great playing on a planet with radiation from a yellow sun.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seafan":28bsca5c said:
mikeak":28bsca5c said:
Largent80":28bsca5c said:

It makes no sense.

Players can't withdraw on the eve of the draft. That's stupid. If he didn't want to enter the draft he shouldn't. It's too late. If he didn't hire an agent he should try to get reinstated with the NCAA. I hope he lasts until 63.

Lol - you realize she was just killed right? Not months ago when he declared for the draft...

Seafan

Reaction score
mikeak":wwtfksqy said:
Seafan":wwtfksqy said:
mikeak":wwtfksqy said:
Largent80":wwtfksqy said:

It makes no sense.

Lol - you realize she was just killed right? Not months ago when he declared for the draft...

The point is you can't make exceptions to help a player make more money. He declared for the draft. If he doesn't like where he's taken there are no do-overs. Half the players would want a do-over.

chris98251

Reaction score
Whomever killed her and the Police department declaring he is not a suspect whatsoever or is on the suspect list hurt him, he is left in no mans land and if not a suspect the department cost him and his born child the potential of a comfortable life.

Asking to not be included in the actual draft but maybe the supplemental due to these circumstances is not unreasonable.

He deserves the chance to clear his name and reputation.

cheese22

Reaction score
By now, the police know whether or not this guy could be involved. And, with the resources this front office has, they could find out exactly what Collins' status is in the situation. If he's not a suspect, hell yeah I'd pick him, and fairly soon. It is possible that a murder took place and he had nothing to do with it except to know the victim. If that's the case, than this turns out to be a double whammy for him.

Rob12

Reaction score

cheese22

Reaction score
Here's the ESPN player profile:

Pronounced: Lah-ell.Collins could be the first LSU offensive lineman selected in the first round since 1998. Is well-respected and liked by teammates and coaches. A person of high character who is mature and handles his business. Voted team captain in 2014. No off-the-field issues. Credited with 222.5 knockdown blocks in 45-game career. Was raised in a single-parent home by mother Loyetta Collins.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/pl ... fresh=true

Big jump to go from this description to murder. Most of the past players who have been linked to violent crimes had histories that were less than sparkling. This guy might be a victim of the paranoia created by some of the previous players.

massari

Reaction score
I'd take him in the 4th round maybe late 3rd.

Rob12

Reaction score
cheese22":3d2782cl said:
Here's the ESPN player profile:

Pronounced: Lah-ell.Collins could be the first LSU offensive lineman selected in the first round since 1998. Is well-respected and liked by teammates and coaches. A person of high character who is mature and handles his business. Voted team captain in 2014. No off-the-field issues. Credited with 222.5 knockdown blocks in 45-game career. Was raised in a single-parent home by mother Loyetta Collins.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/pl ... fresh=true

Big jump to go from this description to murder. Most of the past players who have been linked to violent crimes had histories that were less than sparkling. This guy might be a victim of the paranoia created by some of the previous players.

I have no idea if he had anything to do with the death of his ex-girlfriend, but none of that means a whole lot to me. I am in contact every day with people who had squeaky clean records, families, and great careers who are now spending their time in prison. Many of these people are very bright, and had what seemed on the surface very nice lives. But they did something stupid, and believed that they could get away with it.

They didn't.

The cops saying he is not a suspect means nothing to me as well. This is how they operate in the early stages of an investigation. They're privy to the fact that this young man has a career where he will make millions of dollars in front of him, and they are probably doing all they can to not drag his name through the mud until the facts come out. As someone else pointed out already, Aaron Hernandez was also not a suspect in the Odin Lloyd murder - despite the fact that the authorities knew, via Lloyd's sister, who he was with the night of his murder. The fact that Lloyd was found walking distance from Hernandez's house riddled with bullets probably told them all they needed to know - Hernandez WAS a suspect from the get go, and the prime one at that. Yet, all they told the media was that he had been questioned and was not considered a suspect. I highly doubt the authorities were in the dark about the type of person Hernandez is, as well.

If I had to lean one way, I'd guess that Collins was probably not involved. But this was a kid that was slated to be an early first round pick, and he was passed over. I have to believe that NFL teams know more than we do at this point, and that's why they haven't committed to investing millions in him. Of course, it could also because they are just playing it extremely cautious given what just went down in New England.

Given what we know, which is not much at all at this point, I think the Seahawks should pass. Fair or not, Collins is probably a risk too big to take at this point.

I hope he's not involved and can put this all behind him when he begins his NFL career.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
slargent4ever":1vrtu7x1 said:
I'd take him. You have to consider he will be great playing on a planet with radiation from a yellow sun.

Apparently a bit obscure for some...but I liked it

:mrgreen: