If the Hawks draft these two players I will be ecstatic!

penihawk

Reaction score
My first thought was Sheldon Rankins and Ryan Kelly. I doubt we would ever end up with these two but if we did I would be ecstatic!

In the later and realistic portion of the draft I will say Nick Vannett and Matt Judon are two guys I would love to see us take.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Clayton Echard (Word is he can play both 3rd string TE and LB)

Hawks get the steal of the draft - a two-for-one deal player.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2m1u0mvd said:
Germaine Ifedi is just a perfect player to get for our current situation. First of all he's a sparq god, which shouldn't be overlooked. More importantly is that he can factor into the competition for LG and RT right away and those two are currently our worst positions on the line.

Kenneth Dixon is also a player I really want. He's the ideal 3rd down back and unlike Fred Jackson he's capable enough to take some snaps as a #1 if Rawls and Michael go down. An elite 3rd down back and really solid insurance. I know we could get other amazing RB prospects on the third day like Keith Marshall or Marshaun Coprich but neither would make me feel ecstatic.

This is actually a horrible year for athletic prospects. The Combine was horrible. Very few good athletes in this draft class. Just to compare to last year, Ifedi is at #5 for O-Line Sparq score. Last year, he would have been in 20th place for O-Line Sparq score. I believe that overall, this will be a terrible draft class. That's why I wish the Hawks would trade for last year's TRUE Sparq GOD, Center Nick Easton. Our own Kristjan Sokoli had the all-time best Sparq score, and Nick Easton was in 2nd right behind him.

Nick Easton had a pSparq score of 126.6 in 2015 which placed him at an NFL percentile of 97.3%. He was the 8th highest of all prospects in the 2015 Sparq. For comparison's sake, Ryan Kelly's pSparq score this year is at 105.2 which places him at an NFL percentile of 55.4%. Ifedi is at 111.1 and 75.6%. This years #1 Sparq beast, Connor McGovern, is at 117.9 and 89.6%. McGovern would have been a distant 11th in O-Line behind Sokoli and Easton last year...even Glowinski came in 5th last year with a pSparq of 123.6 which put him at 95.7% in the NFL. Truth be told, this year's draft is NOT very athletic. Even with all of the supposedly great D-Line guys this year, they really don't compare to previous year's athletically.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
This is a cool thread idea because teams go into the draft saying, "Ok, these are the must have players" that they do everything they can to acquire. Obviously, Tyler Lockett was one of those cats last year.

I may change my mind because maybe these aren't the most pressing positions of need. But, at this point... Miles Killebrew and Mike Thomas (USM). Doubt the Hawks draft either player, though - which is why I would be ecstatic. Others from the longer short list of players I really like are probably more likely.

two dog

Reaction score
I heard John Schneider say in an interview, I think it was at the combine, that "Our draft
is never position specific". Most of the time I believe John but not during draft season.

I have no doubt though that their first pick will make a few happy, PO a whole bunch more
and have a few contemplating suicide. Hands will be wrung, foreheads will be slapped and
we will finally conclude that they didn't do so badly after all.

For me, Tyler Lockett and Tyler Ervin have more in common than their first name. I said in
a post last year that Tyler Lockett was K-State's only real offensive weapon and the opposition
still couldn't stop him.The same thing could be said about San Jose State and Tyler Ervin.

Ervin is one of those guys that makes you catch your breath every time he touches the ball.
He's a field-fast runner not afraid of the heavy work inside. He shows good hands catching
and can get to the corner quickly. It would tickle the hell out of me if seattle drafted him.

I have been beating the drum for Vernon Adams since the beginning of time. Sometimes you
have pay less attention to measurables, downplay SPARQ and simply watch them play.
The best part is that you can get him cheap. 6th, 7th or UDFA ought to do it.

kearly

Reaction score
two dog":3njfzqwe said:
I have no doubt though that their first pick will make a few happy, PO a whole bunch more
and have a few contemplating suicide. Hands will be wrung, foreheads will be slapped and

Seattle has made several picks in rounds 4-7 that felt like bad moves and ended up being genius moves. I can't say the same for rounds 1-3. Their best picks in rounds 1-3 have pretty much always been the ones that got .netters the most excited and vice-versa.

Regarding Ervin and Adams, I feel exactly the same. I'm not sure if Adams will be on Seattle's draft board though since JS is obsessed with hand size.

kf3339

Reaction score
penihawk":1kgymzwq said:
My first thought was Sheldon Rankins and Ryan Kelly. I doubt we would ever end up with these two but if we did I would be ecstatic!

In the later and realistic portion of the draft I will say Nick Vannett and Matt Judon are two guys I would love to see us take.

Don't know how realistic to get both Rankins and Kelly, but I would be ecstatic as well!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
two dog":26bvj9wt said:
I heard John Schneider say in an interview, I think it was at the combine, that "Our draft
is never position specific". Most of the time I believe John but not during draft season.
I know teams say "BPA", but they usually mean Best player at one of their positions of need. I think that always factors in somehow. They give lip service to BPA, but rarely do I think teams draft purely by that said approach. Maybe when a player falls to them and he's just too good to pass up. But, even then, there's trade value if it's a player other teams would covet and move up for.

two dog":26bvj9wt said:
For me, Tyler Lockett and Tyler Ervin have more in common than their first name. I said in
a post last year that Tyler Lockett was K-State's only real offensive weapon and the opposition
still couldn't stop him.The same thing could be said about San Jose State and Tyler Ervin.

Ervin is one of those guys that makes you catch your breath every time he touches the ball.
He's a field-fast runner not afraid of the heavy work inside. He shows good hands catching
and can get to the corner quickly. It would tickle the hell out of me if seattle drafted him.

I know a lineman that was with SJSU for a few years blocking for him and he couldn't stop talking about Ervin. I did get to see Ervin in the inaugural "Cure Bowl" here in Orlando this past December. But, it was tough to follow much of what was happening on the field. Felt like one of the coldest games I'd ever attended. I've attended several Northern cold weather games. This one was worse than any of those I could remember.

two dog

Reaction score
kearly":o66dh2ca said:
two dog":o66dh2ca said:

Seattle has made several picks in rounds 4-7 that felt like bad moves and ended up being genius moves. I can't say the same for rounds 1-3. Their best picks in rounds 1-3 have pretty much always been the ones that got .netters the most excited and vice-versa.

Regarding Ervin and Adams, I feel exactly the same. I'm not sure if Adams will be on Seattle's draft board though since JS is obsessed with hand size.

Looking back, I guess my somewhat unwarranted opinion about the early rounds was triggered
by one event in very recent memory. When the Seahawks traded 3 picks to move up to draft
Tyler Lockett it made more than a few .netters unhappy. I'm sure the people who thought we
grossly overpaid for Lockett have trouble remembering anything about their posts now.

Are they going to be similarly harelipped if the Seahawks traded up for Tyler Ervin because they
knew that they might otherwise miss out on him? Maybe Ervin has gotten enough name
recognition through this board that it would prevent that from happening.

However, I doubt that would save Vernon Adams from howls if indignity no matter in what round
they selected him. I won't go through the litany of objections though they would be many.
Not so much maybe if we were able to sign him as a UDFA.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
two dog":2r30wbbm said:
When the Seahawks traded 3 picks to move up to draft
Tyler Lockett it made more than a few .netters unhappy. I'm sure the people who thought we
grossly overpaid for Lockett have trouble remembering anything about their posts now.

At the time, I thought we overspent a lot.

Here were the guys I thought we would come away with had the deal not gone down:

95 - TJ Clemmings (110)
112 - Shaq Mason (131) , Mark Glowinski (134), Tray Walker (136)
130 - Mason, Glowinski, Walker
134 - Glowinski, Adrian Amos (142)
167 - Tye Smith (170), Kaelin Clay (184), Reshard Cliett (211)
170 - Smith, Clay, Cliett, Daryl Roberts (247)
181 - Roberts, Lawrence Gibson (243), Rakeem Nunez-Roches (217)

Obviously we got great value from the move up. Although I also think that the needs (OC/OT) we're looking at in the top 4 picks of this years' draft were the direct cost of that move up.

The reality is, getting a player of Lockett's value is rare. But there was a lot of alternative value to be had. With guys that were linked to us. At the time, I felt like we were in a position to fill a lot of holes. Holes that we're still looking to fill this year. Lockett's greatness really makes the trade worthwhile. The guys we didn't get -- those are guys that are often found in every year of every draft. And there will be guys similar in this years' draft. But those will be added with picks that could have been used to boost other positions.

two dog

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3e93a09c said:
two dog":3e93a09c said:
When the Seahawks traded 3 picks to move up to draft

At the time, I thought we overspent a lot.

Here were the guys I thought we would come away with had the deal not gone down:

95 - TJ Clemmings (110)
112 - Shaq Mason (131) , Mark Glowinski (134), Tray Walker (136)
130 - Mason, Glowinski, Walker
134 - Glowinski, Adrian Amos (142)
167 - Tye Smith (170), Kaelin Clay (184), Reshard Cliett (211)
170 - Smith, Clay, Cliett, Daryl Roberts (247)
181 - Roberts, Lawrence Gibson (243), Rakeem Nunez-Roches (217)

Obviously we got great value from the move up. Although I also think that the needs (OC/OT) we're looking at in the top 4 picks of this years' draft were the direct cost of that move up.

The reality is, getting a player of Lockett's value is rare. But there was a lot of alternative value to be had. With guys that were linked to us. At the time, I felt like we were in a position to fill a lot of holes. Holes that we're still looking to fill this year. Lockett's greatness really makes the trade worthwhile. The guys we didn't get -- those are guys that are often found in every year of every draft. And there will be guys similar in this years' draft. But those will be added with picks that could have been used to boost other positions.

I certainly would not have not have objected had it gone the way you speculated. Clemmings presence,
especially, would be nice right now. Good choices that you mentioned had it fallen that way.

Lockett, though, is that special. Maybe not once in a lifetime special but guys like him do not come along
very often. He was as well prepared for the pro game as any rookie i have seen. The only problem with
him is being able to afford him three years from now.

getnasty

Reaction score
I really like Davonte Booker in the 2ND and a 3rd Rd flyer on Jaylon Smith.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Nick Martin and Braxton Miller.

We don't need Braxton, but damn it do I covet that guy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Devontae Booker, Graham Glasgow.

Some draft 'Spurts have compared him to Marshawn Lynch "runs with a wide base" but i don't really see it. Still, he looks like a big (219# 5'11"), elusive back that can (supposedly) block and can catch the ball out of the backfield. I just saw all the fawning over him last night on Path to the Draft and he really has my interest piqued. I think we need a big, heavy back to offset Rawls skills, and I believe Booker might be him.

Problem is, probably have to take him in the 3rd. THe word is, if he hadn't gotten hurt, he would have been a definite 2nd rounder, and per some, ranked higher than Derrick Henry.

Glasgow sold me on him during the Senior Bowl practices. He stoned both quick DL, and the heavy strong DL. He just seems like a hard-nosed, nasty type that would effect the attitude of the rest of the offensive line. Probably can thank Harbaugh for some of that.

Anybody else jazzed that Harbaugh is at Michigan? I would love to see them rise again, and as much as I complained about him as a 49er coach, his coaching, and his team made the Seahawks tougher, and were instrumental in our smoking the Denber Kronkos.

randomation

Reaction score
McEvoy either as UDFA or 6th/7th I think the risk is minimal and the reward could be immense. Ryan Kelly should be at the very least be solid and has a pretty decent ceiling. I think center and guard are more important than tackles for Russ. I really want Tanner though I watched him at UW and his sheer football ability is staggering he started at 3 different positions for a power 5 team that is a perennial top 25 team. I think he would be amazing at LB/SS but need a year to get up to speed at LB. He had 6 picks last year in his first year starting at safety at a college level while playing WR and occasionally QB. Either his football IQ is off the chart or he is just one of the most natural players I have ever seen. In one game he has a sack a running TD and a pick. Also the hawks have pretty good luck with Wisconsin QBs :p