If Thurmond goes down

Chapow

Reaction score
It's pretty surprising to me to see how many people are proclaiming that Thurmond will stay healthy and will make key plays this year. That seems way more like wishful thinking than actual belief, I mean, when was the last time he played an entire football season at any level? 5 years ago? 6 years ago?

I just don't see how anyone could possibly feel comfortable relying on the guy to stay healthy if and when the team needs him.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
I think we'll be fine with Lane and Maxwell as backups. Besides didn't Winnfield miss the last two preseason games anyway?

redhawk253

Reaction score
Difference is he didnt rush back this time.. Has new strength and conditioning coaches i believe. But beyond that he looks completely healthy for the first time since ive seen him in an nfl uniform. He has some pep and bounce in his step.. Even after taking awkward falls he bounces right up and doesnt seem to be favoring anything.

Obviously the kid has a lot to prove in the sense of staying healthy.. But it wouldnt be the first time that a player that was questionable due to always getting bit by the injury bug came back to have a successful n healthy remainder of his career. One guy ill bring up real quick is adrian peterson.. That was his main knock coming out of college was whether or not he could stay healthy.. Aside from his acl the other year i think hes been pretty successful once he got his body figured out n prepared properly.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":qe16qa3w said:
Thurmond stays strong this year. He has to.

What she said..err he. :p Walter Thurmond the Third will remain healthy all year and demonstrate the potential that Seattle saw when they drafted him. Then they trade him for the Jet's first rounder which we use to draft J.C.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
seahawk 17":2jux1msw said:
Just ordered my WTIII jersey today. So sick of the hate on this board. Unger part II.

*Love my Ducks

Hate? On Thurmond?

The only thing he really ever gets criticized for is the fact that he can't seem to stay healthy. Would you disagree with that fact?

The debate here over Thurmond's health is NOTHING like what went on here over Unger (with the only exception that they both played for Oregon). Unger was criticized for the quality of his play at the guard position in his rookie year, and was met with doubt when he was moved to center. Damn near everyone has eaten their words on that count since Unger has performed at a high level at that position.

Thurmond is going to have to prove he can stay healthy before people will be forced to eat their words about how injury-prone he is.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawk 17":151vmpym said:
Just ordered my WTIII jersey today. So sick of the hate on this board. Unger part II.

*Love my Ducks

What hate? The fact he hasn't been healthy up until *knocks on wood* now.. isn't hate. It's fact.

We'd all love to see WT3 healthy, because you can never have too many good corners on your team. This is more a question of the depth behind him should he become injured again.

Largent80

Reaction score
Browner may be down. Que up Thurmond. The way he has played, I'm confident, especially against Carolina.

Hawks46

Reaction score
drdiags":3vsluhog said:
EastCoastHawksFan":3vsluhog said:
I contimplated making the topic "When Thurmond goes down " but that's not wishful thinking .

Does Winfield unretire and rejoin the squadrine ?

Think about it. Vikings cut Winfield but comes back to offer him $3M to re-sign with them. He takes a cheaper offer from the Seahawks at 1/2 the money because he was not happy with how the Vikings handled his release. He then gets cut by the Seahawks on the countdown to 53 after thinking he had at least the nickle position claimed. He decides to hang them up.

Fast forward to week 1 and Thurmond pulls a hammy. Would Winfield swallow his pride to come back to this team where he has little connection when he wouldn't consider going back to the Vikings where he was worshiped? Plus he had several teams interested in bringing him in after the Seahawks cut him, but he declined.

I cannot see him coming back here under any circumstances.

Winfield is a smart guy, and a veteran. It's obvious he was outplayed by a younger, more talented, larger and faster guy in Thurmond, who is also a dynamic kick returner. I'm sure he saw that. If Winfield had pride about it, he'd be looking for another contract from another team, but it seems like he's either bummed, or more philosophical about it.

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":177glfm9 said:
Glove are off? Love it

It took like a week before I could look at that quote with out busting up laughing.

And just to be clear, I did not alter that quote in any way, that is exactly how it was written.

Largent80

Reaction score
Chapow":4o4tajj2 said:
SoulfishHawk":4o4tajj2 said:
Glove are off? Love it

It took like a week before I could look at that quote with out busting up laughing.

And just to be clear, I did not alter that quote in any way, that is exactly how it was written.

Why did you leave off f it the damn?......that was the best part.

Latest posts